TRANSMORPHAGON Will return in 2009!!!!!!

TRANSMORPHAGON Will return in 2009!!!!!!

Postby The Chinese » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Yes, we will be back, this year's burn cemented what will become one of the Playa's best live music stages, and with any luck we'll be back on Esplanade, where we truly belong to Funk your socks off!!!! many thanks to the many people that came by to that sleepy section of the Wheel, and danced with us. Those of you that got T-Shirts, wear them next year!!!!

Anyone who wants a T-Shirt and saw us out there, we have just a very few left, PM me.

and get ready for 2009!!!!!

Chino
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

)'( Thank You for the Great Music )'(

Postby ecweber » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Chinese,

Hats off to you and your crew for the excellent jam sessions. I really enjoyed adding my saxophone to your mix and truly hope we can do it again next year. Please tell the rest of band I said hello and thanks again!

And I agree - Esplanade is the place to be!

Take care,

Eric

8)
ecweber

Burning Since: 2006

Postby stickysunset » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:32 pm

transmorphagon...one of my top 5 fav camps...outstanding jams w/ the best sax ever!!

loved, just loved dancing under the stars...pure bitchin....thanks so much!

izzit august yet?
stickysunset

Postby The Chinese » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:43 am

Eric-

Hehehe we have some OK recordings of us...But I just plain messed up and didn't record Thurs night. That Jam was magical, the highpoint for me. We were all just on. You definitely bring a killer dimension....There's talk of the L.A. Decom, wanna fly down? You can stay at my place...

But Hell yes. I think I speak for all of us when I say you are the sixth member of "The Biggest Distraction." I'm already planning for next year, and one thing I know I'm going to have is a dedicated Mic for ya ;)

Todd
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby The Chinese » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 am

[quote="stickysunset"]transmorphagon...one of my top 5 fav camps...outstanding jams w/ the best sax ever!!

loved, just loved dancing under the stars...pure bitchin....thanks so much!

sticky[/quote]

You got it!!!! Check your PM's I got back to you there. And yes, Eric is an absolute MONSTER!!!!!

Chino
The Chinese

T-Dome 2009

Postby ecweber » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:29 am

Chino,

Thank you for the kind words and the offer to come to LA to participate in the decompression party. Unfortunately, I have another engagement already booked, so please accept my apologies. On the other hand, I am totally looking forward to another great week if jams in 2009!

My dad and I are still trying to clean all the dust out of our gear - the saxophones definitely need to go to the shop this month LOL!

How are things going on your neck of the woods? Are you de-playa-fied yet? Did all your gear survive (sans the wah pedal)?

And I saw the rocket and gantry at the burn Saturday and Sunday night. I was glad to see it out there!

Take care,

Eric
ecweber

Sign of the times

Postby playaGirl » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:28 am

YOu need a BIG ASS SIGN next year so i can find you guys...LOL! Can't wait til next year wooohhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooo!

:P
playaGirl

Re: Sign of the times

Postby The Chinese » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:57 am

[quote="playaGirl"]YOu need a BIG ASS SIGN next year so i can find you guys...LOL! Can't wait til next year wooohhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooo!

:P[/quote]

We are already planning our return...hehehehe...and this is one of the items being talked about.....On top of the Transmorphagon Tower!!!!

C
The Chinese

Postby The Chinese » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:07 am

Hey for ayone that wants to hear some music from the playa, chekc out our new Myspace page..

http://www.myspace.com/thebiggestdistractionFunk

Keep it real Yo!!!!

Chinese
The Chinese

MySpace.... BOOYAH!

Postby ecweber » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:40 am

Chinese,

Got the add request!

I'm listening to the jams right now... KickAss!

Thanks for putting all this together; I'll send some pictures and video clips over the next couple of days you can add to the page.

Take care,

Eric 8)
ecweber

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:19 pm

I thought the jams were supposed to be kicked out.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Kicking out the Jams

Postby ecweber » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:22 pm

The Justified Ancients of Mumu - furthermore known as the JAMS ;-)
ecweber

Postby The Chinese » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Just a bump to keep us in the Mix...Here's what we have planned :

-A Full truss Setup with lights, Shade area, and projection screens.
-Second stage or performance area with the Fire Crew ZEN ARTS L.A. performing, and others as well..
-Hoopers, and other Shenanigans. We want to create a space where people can come and participate Musically, Dancing, Hooping, Firedance.

We are looking for:

Bands, DJ's, and Performers who might want to come and spend some time with us, we are planing a large event on Thurs or Fri eve. Want to be a part of Total Mayhem? C'mon Down!!!!

Hehehehe

Chinese
The Chinese

Placement

Postby ecweber » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Chinese,

Any word on placement yet?

Less than six months to go...

Eric
ecweber

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm

[url=http://www.burningman.com/themecamps/]Seeing that they have to way until May 31st before they get all the applications....

August is a more realistic guesstimate as to learning where camps are placed.[/url]
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby ecweber » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 am

Ahh, got it. Thank you for the information. I thought I may have spoke too soon regarding placement... no worries, we'll all know soon enough 8)
ecweber

Postby The Chinese » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 pm

yeah, its august before we know.... I genuinely hope we get Esplanade, otherwise we get kinda pooped on. So we're really looking to up our game this year. Add a bunch of interactivity, art, music, etc.

T
The Chinese

Placement

Postby ecweber » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:31 am

Got it. Keep us posted and let me know when you hear something regarding placement.

Looking forward to what happens this year... I guess it's time to start cleaning up the bike, tuning up the saxophones, and getting the rest of the gear ready...

...damn, less than four months to go!
ecweber

Postby The Chinese » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 am

looks like we'll be doing a big show fri eve.... Us, GravyBrain, DMT. will be awesome!!!!
The Chinese

Postby ecweber » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:19 pm

That will most certainly kick some serious ass! Thanks for the update 8)
ecweber

Postby Galaxo Magic » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:44 pm

Hey Chinese, looking forward to playing your camp this year with GravyBrain! If you didn't know, Eric is one of our good friends. We are ready to Funk-i-fry the playa!
Galaxo Magic

Postby The Chinese » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Sweet. It will be epic... I'm talking with my Campmates to make sure were good for Fri. There's also a wedding taking place, so I gotta talk it over with my better half and make sure i'm not steppin' on any toes. hehehe. But It looks good for Fri.

T
The Chinese

Postby Lantz Lazwell » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:57 pm

What about having Kim Manning from P-Funk! I know she would like to play your Friday night Show!!!! she's is gonna be on the Playa this Year!
Love and Light,
Lantz lazwell

to listen to my music or view my Bio click on the links below
http://www.sonicbids.com/LantzLazwell
http://www.myspace.com/lantzlazwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBOmbQOjYXQ (video with George Clinton)
Lantz Lazwell

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:13 pm

You guys are right around the corner from us. Terminal City is down on A and 3. I will definitely be stopping by. :)
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.
CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby The Chinese » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 am

Lantz -

Right now Fri is booked..BUT liek I said in thte PM, there's a band that having some logistics problems. That being said, we could do a Late night Jam - Like 3-4AM kind of thing. Why don't you and Kim pop by and have a beer with us and hang out early in the week? We'll figure out some deets on teh PLaya!!!

CapSmashy -

Heck Ya! We'll come by as well to meet and hang with our neighbors! The corner's just going to be awesome.

Chinito
The Chinese

Postby The Chinese » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:08 am

BY The Way... IN a bit of shameless Self Promotion...

TRANSMORPHAGON will be located at Esplanade & 3:00!

;-)

Chinito
The Chinese

Re: TRANSMORPHAGON Will return in 2009!!!!!!

Postby alteman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Hello!
We would love to play at TRANSMORPHAGON this year!

Our band name: "LoVRBoMZ"
We are a three-piece acoustic band using one guitar, one stand-up bass and small trap kit.
All three of us sing.
The band is fronted by the gorgeous Leslie Knauer, a platinum-selling artist with 10 albums to her name (5 on major labels!).
Our music is kind of like like Neil Young meets Janis Joplin.
We hope this is enough info...
Please Please let us know if and when you can schedule us.
Thanks so much!!!
Al, the Bassist
alteman

Return to 2009 Theme Camps