Robot Heart - we love you!

Robot Heart - we love you!

Postby poisenloaf » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:53 am

I just wanted to say thanks you guys for putting on an awesome sound car and having some of the best DJs I've ever heard.. Our camp followed you guys around pretty much the whole week and could not get enough of your music and unbelievable sound system + jumbotron! I hope you guys put a website together that talks about your bus because it is insane!!!! We also spent the burn in front of you guys and the tunes were perfectly suited!

thanks again!!

edit: i almost died when the furry glow bus, rubbery ducky, and you guys were formed up together in the playa on Thur night I think it was.. :D :D
poisenloaf

Postby yojessimac » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 am

Oh I saw that miraculous moment on Thursday too...So amazing! I was fortunate enough to swing in that heart, before the rope broke (at which point I'm sure they deemed it too sketchy, but none the less a fun and fabulous idea!) The rubber ducky took my breath away, just the time and quality of work that went into it...and I LOVED the giant disco ball head with flames out the top...WOW!
What a fun fun party that was
Man work sucks, but thatnk you for reminding me of that spectacular moment on the playa this year...my mind is right back there :)
yojessimac

Burning Since: 2014

Postby InTransistion » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:40 am

Yes, the ducky was truly amazing, especially on Friday night. We stayed on for over 3 hours, because they had the best music I had heard all week on the playa!! So popular that people were asked to get off because of weight, and we had a huge crowd (that got bigger and bigger) following the ducky around, listening to the beats and dancin their asses off!!

Anyone know who the dJ was on Friday night? Dark hair, shoulder-length? Fuckin unreal...
InTransistion

Postby poisenloaf » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:17 pm

Burn videos I took are up on Youtube here...Robot Heart rocking the beats in the background!

Fireworks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFiz86crUQ

First explosions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nugecUGqXmA

And finally..the burn!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn7IHFgB8cA

Also a brief video of the trifecta of these three awesome sound/art cars here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqB_kgufTE0
poisenloaf

Thanks for posting!

Postby jungleboy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanks poisenloaf for posting and throwing me back into a momentary flash back to an amazing evening. I'll be on the look out for the dj on the Robot Heart art car. Please post here if you know who he was, or the organization behind the Robot Heart art car.
jungleboy

indeed....love robot heart!

Postby rgough » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:58 am

I am a first time burner and had a fantastic time. We were lucky enough to be next to the Robot Heart car as we watched the Burn...and I, too, was so impressed with the DJ with the long hair, white gloves, and his crew. If anyone does know who he is, please let us know. We're hoping to put together a playlist to keep the memories alive...; )

Thanks so much. What a wonderful journey.
rgough

Postby robotheart » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:59 pm

A lot of that was our friend and Robot Heart music director Swamy. =)
http://www.365mag.com/index.php?pg=spec&recnum=359

Hopefully a website is happening in the near future. Thanks everyone for helping us create all those indelible memories!

g
robotheart

Postby rgough » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Thank you so much - will certainly follow Swamy and his music. Thank you for making it such a memorable, wonderful experience.
rgough

Postby swamy (darkcloud) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:43 pm

hey guys thanks for the props ! u can find me every sunday at Le Souk and on other parties frequently in nyc and major cities

below is the schedule of the djs to the best pf my recollection : ) thank you to everyone who participated and shared the experience with us !

Hey great to hear from you !!

glad u enjoyed the bus, Geo is the man he created it !!, its my first burn, i can't imagine what's its gonna me like next year !!

Well this was the music line-up (for the mainsets) there are other guys on the off time I don'y remember their names :(

Mon night/Tues morning (robot heart camp)
DjBen from SF

Wed AM Sunrise Set (robot heart camp)
Swamy (me)

Wed night (temple of breaks)
Devo and Bianca

Thursday Sunset tour (tower)
Swamy

Thursday (bus link with duck and furrybus)
Chanci, Swamy, The Scumfrog, Bushwacka, Van Gee, Wolf & Lamb

Friday temple Chanci, The Scumfrog, Pete Bones
Saturday at the Burn Swamy (5 hour set) (long hair gloves and tutu and lovely eyelashes) haha

Saturday after Burn when we linked up with furry bus and duck
Tobi Neumann, Pete Bones, Van Gee, Ronnie Sycly

please send me links to the youtube videos !!!!

thanks,

when we compile the audio recorded and the video recorded from the burn we will share it !!

cheers-swamy aka darkcloud
SWAMY aka DARKCLOUD
"Music is the Answer"
swamy (darkcloud)

Postby swamy (darkcloud) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:45 pm

I don;t want to forget all the Robot Heart crew for the unbelievable amount of work the was put in preparing and maintaining the bus !!! (you know who u are) much love
SWAMY aka DARKCLOUD
"Music is the Answer"
swamy (darkcloud)

actually

Postby 3l3tronic » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:09 pm

we ( 3L3TRONIC ) played on tues night.

[url]http://myspace.com/3l3tronic[/url]

the tues lineup was...

Diverse + Friend (DENVER)
Robb Green (SF)
3L3TRONIC (SF)
Jameal + Partner (SLC)
Swamy (NYC)
3l3tronic

Postby poisenloaf » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Yup, it was definately Bianca & Devo playing on Wed night at the fire platform when we first got a taste of robot heart.. I recognize you going nuts on the decks! I didn't even realize it was a mobile bus until you guys started pulling away to head to your next stop.

Hope to see you guys next year on the playa!

A couple bad pics..point and shoot cameras suck at night!

poisenloaf

Robot Heart Saturday Night

Postby wanderinglion » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:08 pm

The party at Tetris on Satuday Night may just have been the best party in the history of the party. Fucking fantastic. Thanks to all parties involved like Ducky, Furry, and of course the Robot Heart. I wish i could marry the Robot heart.

Me and my crew built a memorial stoop for our boy out on the playa just past 10 and E, and it happened to be near to Robot Heart camp. That means that we got to rock Robot Heart beats even when we were in our quiet sunset moments. Yes.

Anyhow as soon as i got home i started looking for info on the DJs who rocked that party saturday night, post burn. I am glad to have found this forum with the info that is here, straight from Swamy.

I wanted to inquire from Swamy and others if there are any places i can find recordings/mailing lists etc for his music and that of the others who played that night and throughout the week. Havent been able to find anything so far.

Any help would be much appreciated. And now i have another reason to make my first visit to NYC: Le Souk.

Peace all. Great year.
wanderinglion

Amazing Morning

Postby maddog » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:09 pm

I think it was Thursday morning when I meet the Robot Heart. After walking out to The End there was an amazing set of late 80's and early 90's love songs being played. I'd love to know who was playing those tracks. It brought back great memories!
maddog

Postby Gage » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:22 pm

swamy (darkcloud) wrote:hey guys thanks for the props ! u can find me every sunday at Le Souk and on other parties frequently in nyc and major cities

below is the schedule of the djs to the best pf my recollection : ) thank you to everyone who participated and shared the experience with us !

Hey great to hear from you !!

glad u enjoyed the bus, Geo is the man he created it !!, its my first burn, i can't imagine what's its gonna me like next year !!

Well this was the music line-up (for the mainsets) there are other guys on the off time I don'y remember their names :(

Mon night/Tues morning (robot heart camp)
DjBen from SF

Wed AM Sunrise Set (robot heart camp)
Swamy (me)

Wed night (temple of breaks)
Devo and Bianca

Thursday Sunset tour (tower)
Swamy

Thursday (bus link with duck and furrybus)
Chanci, Swamy, The Scumfrog, Bushwacka, Van Gee, Wolf & Lamb

Friday temple Chanci, The Scumfrog, Pete Bones
Saturday at the Burn Swamy (5 hour set) (long hair gloves and tutu and lovely eyelashes) haha

Saturday after Burn when we linked up with furry bus and duck
Tobi Neumann, Pete Bones, Van Gee, Ronnie Sycly

please send me links to the youtube videos !!!!

thanks,

when we compile the audio recorded and the video recorded from the burn we will share it !!

cheers-swamy aka darkcloud

We also LOVED the music on the 3 large music cars, especially on Friday night! We ended up on the duck, and the music was so badass that we had a huge crowd around the bus for almost an hour, that followed the bus from Opulent to the man and (maybe somewhere else) and finally over to Opulent.

Question: Do you know who was DJing on the Duck Friday, probably somewhere between 11-3am-ish? You know how playa time goes so I thing that was the time. He had dark hair, probably shoulder length, and the beats were screamin...

Any info would be greatly appreciated! We just bummed that we got bent right as the burn was starting, and only made it about 3 hours into Saturday night - the rest of the week caught up to us...

Thanks! ~Gage n dG
"Not everyone who is single is lonely; not everyone who is taken is in love." I'm a seeker of (& full participant in) present-moment magic, and nothing beats playa love! <3
Gage

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Shadyvil

Postby Oh-Lena » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:11 pm

OMG! I can't believe I finally found to whom to say THANK YOU for amazing music!!!! I mean seriously, Robot Heart was my favorite this year. DJ Swamy rocks!
I will really miss you at the decompression party in San Fran :(
Cheers!
Oh-Lena

Postby drutter » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:57 pm

I had a few very special experiences with Robot Heart, and it turned out to be one of my favourite and most memorable parts of Burning Man. The first time I saw it, it was coming across the playa and pulled up next to Babylon (which I was at the top of), the 11 story building at about 1oclock. Several people started dancing in front of it to some really sweet techno, including a girl in a black burlesque style cowboy outfit up inside the heart cage. Surreal, amazing.

swamy (darkcloud) wrote:Mon night/Tues morning (robot heart camp)
DjBen from SF

Right on, thanks swamy. I'll look DjBen up, I loved that night. I was caught between the firespinners stage and flamethrowers on one side, and Robot Heart on the other. The firespinners danced with the massive crowd to the music pumping out of Robot Heart. Thank you for being the start of Burning Man for me, as before that moment Tuesday night I hadn't yet "got it". In fact, I was lucky enough to catch a video of just that moment, and I've uploaded it to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hplUHOXcZfI

You can read the positive comments left by myself and other viewers as well.

Thanks again! I hope you're back next year because I'll be looking for you!
Heavy on preparations, light on expectations.
drutter

Postby grapes » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:16 pm

that vid is awesome drutter...totally took me back to the playa.

robot heart, i heart you so much. i will never forget this singular moment of dancing to Kaskade after the burn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gose16VBXA

that's me and my girlfriend's "song", (we had just seen Kaskade in Calgary a few weeks prior). she wasn't able to make it to BM this year, and just as i was missing her the most, robot heart stepped in and brought her to me. i believe thats called a playa coincidence? thanks so much guys...

p.s. drutter...i see you're from vancouver...you happen to make it to Shambhala? if so, msg me and we can reminisce about how awesome of a party that was
What we provide is an atmosphere... of orchestrated pulse which works on people in a subliminal way. Under its influence I've seen shy debs and severe dowagers kick off their shoes and raise some wholesome hell. ~Meyer Davis
grapes

Postby drutter » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:20 am

grapes wrote:that vid is awesome drutter...totally took me back to the playa.

robot heart, i heart you so much. i will never forget this singular moment of dancing to Kaskade after the burn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gose16VBXA

that's me and my girlfriend's "song", (we had just seen Kaskade in Calgary a few weeks prior). she wasn't able to make it to BM this year, and just as i was missing her the most, robot heart stepped in and brought her to me. i believe thats called a playa coincidence? thanks so much guys...

p.s. drutter...i see you're from vancouver...you happen to make it to Shambhala? if so, msg me and we can reminisce about how awesome of a party that was

Shit, I missed it, in fact I know nothing about it. Explain?

You seem awesome, we should meet next year.
Heavy on preparations, light on expectations.
drutter

Postby grapes » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:37 am

i'm surprised you've never heard of it...i mean, I hadn't either until I went, but i'm from Texas. like BM, Shambhala is a little hard to describe accurately. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Shambles is the closest thing Canada has to Burning Man (of course you have to subtract most of the more radical philosophies, and there is a delicious food court. but the vibe is similar in many ways) its 10,000 beautiful people getting together to share the music, dance, art, each other. put very simply, Shambhala is basically a 5 day electronic music festival on this gorgeous stretch of land in Salmo, BC. i could use the word rave, but i find a lot of people use that word in a negative way...anyways there is a lot of great art at Shambhala, both performance and installation, much moreso than you're average rave. the 6 stages that are set up all have a different theme and are immaculately decorated, most everybody is in costume all the time.

for example, one stage that played mostly electro/house music is called the Fractal Forest, and you're literally dancing in these awesome woods with lights and projectors everywhere and the deejay spinning in the middle in an old growth tree stump.

anyways, the vibe there is so fucking awesome. until I went to burning man, it ranked easily as the best party I've ever been to, and I've been to some pretty big parties all over the world.

you can google and youtube it, but like burning man, that really won't do it justice. early bird tickets go on sale for 2009 today at 4pm BC time. i would highly recommend getting one!
What we provide is an atmosphere... of orchestrated pulse which works on people in a subliminal way. Under its influence I've seen shy debs and severe dowagers kick off their shoes and raise some wholesome hell. ~Meyer Davis
grapes

Pink mohawk dj

Postby Devi Durga » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:28 pm

I loooved the Heart Bus! Anyone know who the DJs were? Jammin all week- especially Tuesday rockin the pink!
Devi Durga

woot woot!

Postby 3l3tronic » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:26 pm

that was us (3l3tronic) !! woot woot!.

http://3l3tronic.com

playin a warehouse in Oakland Dec. 20th! 2008 !Evil Breaks Xmas Party

http://evilbreaks.com
3l3tronic

ROBOT HEART BM FUNDRAISER!!! NYC MAY 1st!!!

Postby 3l3tronic » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:10 pm

[img]http://3l3tronic.vitamindevo.com/flyers/2009/RobotHeart_Flyer_May1st_v3.jpg[/img]

ROBOT HEART BROOKLYN SESSIONS ||

we are back and boomin with more bass!
come out and help support the Robot Heart in bringing the largest mobile sound to the playa in 2009!

with Special Guest Djs

THE SCUMFROG

3-L-3-TRONIC

WOLF + LAMB
JULIO SHEIK 'N' BEIK

and more TBA..

Visuals by : SPOT

2 rooms of sound!

Friday May 1st 11pm-late
213 N. 8th St.
Brooklyn, NY

$10 @ the door!

[img]http://3l3tronic.vitamindevo.com/flyers/2009/RobotHeart/3l3_RH.jpg[/img]
3l3tronic

Postby sweetsound2001 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:30 pm

You guys rocked, best sound camp by far at BM in all the 5 years I've been there. There was a guy playing Thursday night / Friday morning, white sheepskin vest and goggles, totally blew my mind :-) Anyone know what's his name?
sweetsound2001

Postby lonestoner916 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:58 pm

lonestoner916

Return to 2008 Art & Performance