Camps that ended this year... and why?

Camps that ended this year... and why?

Postby ZaphodBurner » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Spike's: You will be missed.

The Deep End: My wife and I paid homage to your camp and wish you the best. We, um, may have violated Nevada decency laws in your empty stage and camp at night. Nights. Okay, three nights. Fucking awesome camp.

Critical Tits. Was probably time. Or maybe not. The ladies of our camp looked forward to it every year. I painted up a lot of them, so, I did too.
8)

Disorient: Gone now too? One of my first sights on the playa was that big fucking sign in 2004.

BTW wherethefuck was Do Lab? I've been jonesing for the flower since 2005. Wasn't the same. And David Best's bus wasn't there either.

We salute you all.

-zb
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby poisenloaf » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:58 am

I heard that the Robot Heart bus was an offshoot of the Disorient camp folks but I don't know for sure.. I emailed some people that have connections with RH and I'm trying to find out the scoop because they rocked the playa at night so much.
poisenloaf

disorient's not gone

Postby The Bass » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Disorient took a chill year this year, and left the esplanade for 4:00 and Dart.

We burned our big sign in 2007.

Haven't left, and will be back in 2009.
The Bass

Postby Jay » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:02 pm

things change, people change, and thank god, burningman changes too. i've seen many, many great camps come and go, and that's kinda the point, evolution of thoughts and process....anyone remember bianca's smut shack or solsystem? the list is endless
Jay

Postby Smudge » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:24 am

Last year for the Thunderdome so I hear. And I totally managed to miss the whole TD thing this year too. Isn't that one about ten years old now?
Smudge

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:15 am

A Thunderdome member told me that they were going to take 09 off. So it may be back in 10.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Joshatdot » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:56 pm

this was The Deep End's last year?! Crap I would have hung out there more this year, I loved it there!

Now where should I go, next year, for awesome music, dancing & drinks during the day?
Joshatdot

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp Envy

Re: Camps that ended this year... and why?

Postby ScoutDG » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:52 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:Spike's: You will be missed.

Critical Tits. Was probably time. Or maybe not. The ladies of our camp looked forward to it every year. I painted up a lot of them, so, I did too.
8)

Spikes apparently is just morphing, as vampires tend to do (to Underworld). viewtopic.php?t=26768&highlight=spikes

CT's website says 2008 was the last year for the party, which surely was a lot of work but was a great party. But, they say 2008 was not the last year for the ride/parade/whatever-it-is.
http://www.criticaltits.com/faq.html
ScoutDG

Return to 2008 Theme Camps