For the DJ's that will be on the playa this year.

For the DJ's that will be on the playa this year.

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:59 pm

For those that are not using vinyl on the playa, would you mind checking this outand see if it may work into your set?

Please let me know what you think. We are working on more for an album that should be released either later this year or next but ready for us to be on the playa next year.

Thanks.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:25 am

And to those that are just downloading to listen, could you chime in your opinions please?

Thanks.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Orchid » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:30 am

I totally dig this.

<--- not a DJ.
Orchid

Postby whyrd » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 am

I, too, totally dig this, and I am a DJ. Unfortunately it'd be tough to work into most of my sets as my taste has been going farther into breaks and less towards the progressive/trancy end of things. Regardless, it's got flow and narrative thread, enough development to keep my mind interested, and I'd totally appreciate a PM when you've got more things to listen to. Even if it doesn't get worked into a set of mine, I'd happily put it on for myself.

Oh, and if you were looking for critiques besides "I liked it", I'd say you've almost got a bit too much intro and not enough outro - I'd probably end up cutting about half of your beginning off as once that initial chord gets established behind whatever else I'm doing, I'd just be looking to drop that first drum loop of yours. As for getting out of it, you've got interesting noodly development all the way to the end, and while it's nice to have an actual selection of pieces that end (so you can close with 'em), unless I was actually planning to drop this as my last track I'd have to start stepping on you for the last 30-60 seconds as I bring in the next stuff...

thanks, and I'd love to hear more,
Whyrd
whyrd

Oh yeah.

Postby ReverendZed » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 am

DVD Burner! I used to enjoy your posts a great deal in the BM tribe until the negativity drove me away completely. I had no idea you composed electronic music.

I am a DJ and will *definitely* play it. We'll just be playing in camp this year and throwing a system onto our friend's art car on Wednesday for some deep playa dancin'. I'm also a collaborator with Whyrd, he and I do breaks tag sets. I do a lot of mixed-genre, this would work very well in a progressive set. I also tend to throw tracks like this in some of my breaks sets, I love the broken kick.

To me this is a track that would work very well at the beginning of a set. It really lays down a feel and sets a good vibe. I also I see what Joe's saying about the outro, but respectfully disagree. If I didn't start a set with a track like this I'd bring it in about three tracks before the end of my set and let it fade completely. After a groove like that there's gonna be some serious appreciation. Then I'd follow it with a "holy shit" epic finish of a couple serious bangers.

I personally prefer to do live remixing when I play a solo set, and Whyrd and I do some remixing when we tag. I rarely let a track play out without phuckin' with it. I wouldn't touch this one! It just screams "play me in the desert".

Thank you, truly. Could you send the full artist and track info to me at reverend.zed(at)gmail.com?

I wish I had some of my own original stuff to share with you in return! Circumstances and family illness have kept me from any real studio time except for edits and studio remixes (and the straight techno stuff I've done is crap). If you enjoy DJ sets, here's a couple you might like...

This is Whyrd and I at CONvergence 2008, a huge sci-fi con in Minneapolis...
http://releaseyourbeats.com/hoz/mixes/CON2008WvZ.mp3

This is a 2 hour breaks set I did at the Shinto Lounge in Minneapolis...
http://www.releaseyourbeats.com/hoz/mix ... 08-128.mp3

Thank you again, I love this track.
ReverendZed

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanx!
Glad yall like it. :D
That tune is my roomie Leo. He's known online as Mister9.
Just so ya know, it's an Asian sound/theme. (Japan)
I believe that one has been released in Europe only and he just got signed. ( tho I dont care for the contract. I'm workin on a better deal for him.)
I'll be sure to send you the rest of the info on him Rev. maybe later tonigh if I get a chance. We have been working feverishly to get some of the new stuff finished.
So maybe I'll post the new stuff if we get it finished before the burn. But I'm not sure if the others at current will work for yall.
It's a new electronic rap that is a new sound that Leo (Mister9) I and Brandillio (our rapper) are workin on. (I'm not into rap but these tunes, I have to admit are fuckin killer.)
I also have some other stuff I wrote Leo has to remaster. Those I know yall will like but they are more dance listen and lounge. I also have some drum & bass.
I will be taking that tune I posted off-line tonight, so get it while you can.

I'll get back at ya.

T-

P.S. and oh, Leo really likes the mix Rev. We've only heard the first one so far and am still listenin.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Re: Oh yeah.

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:02 pm

ReverendZed wrote:DVD Burner! I used to enjoy your posts a great deal in the BM tribe until the negativity drove me away completely. I had no idea you composed electronic music.

Couldn't let this one go by.
Thanks!
I posted several years on eplaya my works and websites I've made for my fellow eplayans. I got bashed by many of the same negative folk that are in the BM tribe. As you can see, nothin stops me and I always come out smellin like a rose. bad spellin and all.
I'll see if I can re-post some of my work.
You can search here on eplaya for my stuff under the words "Art" and "playacast" and of course, "Digiman", "Defacto" and DVDBurner.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:09 pm

REV.

I am totally diggin this second one. :shock: :P

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:30 am

Ok, I have wasted 6 hours of my life listening to that second one from REV.

Sweet! :wink:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:13 pm

ReverendZed wrote:DVD Burner! I used to enjoy your posts a great deal in the BM tribe until the negativity drove me away completely.
Is this the scarey baby from Minneapolis? Cause then I know you.

Sorry, this has been your off topic digression for today.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby ReverendZed » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:47 pm

BIG ASS *GRIN*

Thank you very much ;) Those are my two favorite sets, it was pure dumb luck I recorded 'em both.

I'm going to start searching now! I just joined a local crew- er, sorry "krew" that's mostly drum and bass that throws a lot of events here locally in Minneapolis. At 40 years old (*cough* 41 a week from Sunday) I'm pretty much the oldest person on the scene here. Aside from a bit of disdain for the wall-licking e-tards I'm having the time of my life. Whatever happened to enjoying yer drugs upright? Kids today, I tell ya...

Hi Fishy!!! 'Tis me indeed. I somehow lost my old password and had to create a new account. Never really hung out here much, too much virtual drinkin', not enough cybersex :shock: lol.

edit: There, now I feel all normal again.
ReverendZed

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:36 pm

ReverendZed wrote: At 40 years old (*cough* 41 a week from Sunday) I'm pretty much the oldest person on the scene here. Aside from a bit of disdain for the wall-licking e-tards I'm having the time of my life. Whatever happened to enjoying yer drugs upright? Kids today, I tell ya...

You are a young pup.

I'm the oldest in my place and I've just turned 47 July 4th.

I'm with all these kiddies that are 25-33. :D

Funny, I dont feel or look 47.

Everyone tells me that too. In fact, they and the girls for some reason think I'm hot shit.

Go figure? :?

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:40 am

ReverendZed wrote:DVD Burner! I used to enjoy your posts a great deal in the BM tribe until the negativity drove me away completely.

One thing I want to add.
The good people of eplaya and Burningman in general have never driven me away.
It's why I have been with them from the beginning.

Don't let anyone 'WITH' Burningman discourage you.

Not of Burningman.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby whyrd » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:19 am

*grins* I wouldn't say they've driven him away from the burn entirely - he's one of our regional contacts. Sorry to say we're both something like 2,000 miles away from you, but hopefully we'll get to see each other on-playa some year.
whyrd

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:56 am

Hey I was wondering, does what is on this thread count as a gift? :lol:
Cause folk are still downloading.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ReverendZed » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:49 am

DVD Burner wrote:Hey I was wondering, does what is on this thread count as a gift? :lol:

Heck yeah it does! The gift of art that tickles the brain, gets the body movin', and lasts long after it's given!

DVD Burner wrote:Cause folk are still downloading.

Yeah, those mix download counts have seen a bit of an uptick since last week ... :mrgreen:

Okay, three edits and counting. I have to fix my prefs!
ReverendZed

Postby Zulegoona » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Fishy is another BooBarian and another reason for you whyrd and the whole crew to stop by the Booby bar A and 3:00
Zulegoona

Postby ReverendZed » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:39 pm

Zulegoona wrote:Fishy is another BooBarian and another reason for you whyrd and the whole crew to stop by the Booby bar A and 3:00

You had me at booze and Fishy and Zule. Aaah shit, that's gonna be a very drunken afternoon - I have a lot of friends on 3:00.
ReverendZed

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:51 am

Bump!

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:59 am

Just wanted to give a shout out and give a thank you to all the DJ's that played my roomates and our tunes on the playa this year.
I know it's kinda late but we (Leo and I ) just found out why so many have been buying his tunes online.
Props to ReverendZed and we heard from someone last night that wrote to Leo who bought Leo's entire collection online, that DJ Lee Burge (sp) spun Leos stuff on the playa and that's why they bought the collection.

(Now how cool is that?)

We were hoping to have an album or at least a reasonable amount of stuff out before Christmas but that doesn't seem likely, so I guess it'll have to be next year.

Thanks again to everyone that did play the tunes on the playa this year and hope to see ya on the playa next year.

Thanks, thanks, thanks again, again and again.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby bigbluedoggy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:32 pm

So are you actually gonna make it this year??
If everyone is special... no one is.

I do believe I will go to Burning Man...
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Seems so.
Dont wanna go without Suzy and me roomies tho.

Still making arrangements.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby ibdave » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:10 pm

Maybe they don't want to go if you go. Maybe.... I've seen wilder things happen..
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:21 pm

Nah!

We all wanna go, it's just a matter of how much money we have to make the camp we want. Plus I need to pay to fly Suzy in.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby xenarchi » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:37 am

All these tracks counts as gifts. listening to them at work since 8am. Thanks a lot, love em' all. Post often!!!
xenarchi

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:57 am

Yea, if you're talking about ReverendZed yep.

Some killer tracks.

I should re post the tune I originally posted with one of the new ones we did.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DaftBrian » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Yo! Is there a setlist for any of the mixes? Big ups, diggin the tracks. As soon as i heard that go-to deamau5 funk rolling in, i knew it was gonna be a longgg night.
He appears mad indeed but to a few, because the majority is infected with the same disease. [Lat., Nimirum insanus paucis videatur, eo quod Maxima pars hominum morbo jactatur eodem.]
DaftBrian

Return to 2008 Theme