Model Stand

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Model Stand

Postby caretaker » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:38 pm

Hello all. I am a novice burner and my simple plan is to put up a small model stand for figure drawing under a shade tent. I'm inviting people to come by and stand or sit still on the platform for one minute, two minutes, five or ten minutes. Costumed, naked, or anywhere in between. I am also bringing some paper, boards, chairs and marking implements. It will be a cozy, quiet place to relax and practice figure drawing. I plan to give away some of the drawings, as well as offer water and maybe coffee, snacks. We'll see, I don't quite have it all figured out yet. ---BB :?:
caretaker

Postby ibdave » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:26 pm

Very Cool..................................
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Bambi of Finland » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:34 pm

Where will you be? This sounds great!
Bambi of Finland

Postby caretaker » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:02 pm

I am not sure where I will be. Are there any suggestions? What part of BRC should I aim for?
caretaker

burning whereabouts

Postby orangepeelmoses » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:26 pm

not sure,
but it might be difficult to find you without an address...

opm
orangepeelmoses

Flaming Whereabouts

Postby caretaker » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:20 am

Okay then. After some consultation with A freind and co-worker, I have decided upon a "Target range" -----I will try to locate myself in the vicinity of 3:00-4:00 between bipolar and fetish. Also, I am going to try to register at artery and perhaps get the word out via radio or print once I arrive. Also I have some extra boards with clip clamps, lots of markers and paper. I have some folding chairs and some shade. The paper I have is reams of recycled colored printer paper and some discarded manilla file folders. I also have some special colored card stock. Bring your sketchbooks and any other media you'd like to use out there. Hoping to get some dynamic customers on the stand. Thank you all for your encouragement. See you there! -----Ben
caretaker

modeling for drawing

Postby xysquirrel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:52 pm

I recently begun modeling for open studios (figure drawing) and will definitely stop by. Superb idea.
xysquirrel

Re: modeling for drawing

Postby zabsinth » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:25 pm

[quote="xysquirrel"]I recently begun modeling for open studios (figure drawing) and will definitely stop by. Superb idea.[/quote]

I recommend finding a physicist and bringing her with you, they're the ones with the time machines.
zabsinth

time machine!

Postby xysquirrel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:30 pm

brilliant idea!

(Just for the records, my pic was taken after a body painting event at an art gallery)!
xysquirrel

Postby ibdave » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:48 pm

xysquirrel wrote:I recently begun modeling for open studios (figure drawing) and will definitely stop by. Superb idea.

That was a post from 2005.......... :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 pm

ibdave wrote:
xysquirrel wrote:I recently begun modeling for open studios (figure drawing) and will definitely stop by. Superb idea.

That was a post from 2005.......... :roll:

Lol... yeah, I noticed that when I read "I will try to locate myself in the vicinity of 3:00-4:00 between bipolar and fetish."
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii Instead

Postby magicmarty » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 am

Hey guys,

The Art Model Camp in the Alternative Energy Zone provides this service and it is fine. Was there last year and had a great time sketching for the first time in my life and was amazed to find that I could do it!

Had done some clay sculpting in a life class and this was the first time with a sketch pad. One of the highlights of last year and I'll be there agin this year.

Marty
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Return to 2005 Art & Performance