Group of 4 looking for a camp for the 2008 burn

Group of 4 looking for a camp for the 2008 burn

Postby Nickel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 am

Greetings! We are a tight-knit group consisting of 3 experienced burners and one virgin looking for a cool theme camp to be a part of for our 2008 burn. We are all hard working participants who love to make each other laugh and enjoy the entire process of playa life - from the pounding of rebar, to dust storms, to dusty hugs and dusty food! One of us has been 7 weeks, one 3 weeks, one 2 weeks and the virgin is a S.O. of 4 years (of the 2 weeker) - a real stable and fun loving group of people here.

We would like to find a non-sound camp (not a quiet camp, just one not focused on walls of sound) with people from San Francisco of about our age range (27-33) but we realize there are awesome burners of all ages and welcome most suggestions :). We would also like to note that we are all able-bodied and willing to come the weekend before to help build camp. One of us volunteers at Camp Arctica and so we'll have tons of ice!

If we sound like the kind of people you'd be interested in having join up with you, contact as the following email address and we'll start talking.

miss.coolette@gmail.com

See you on the playa!
"This is not about love, because I am not in love"

Camp Team says, "Go Team!"
Nickel

Postby Captain Goddammit » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Find a camp???
There's four of you... you ARE a camp! Make up a name, set up, and be merry!
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby Nickel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:08 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:Find a camp???
There's four of you... you ARE a camp! Make up a name, set up, and be merry!

There is always that. It certainly isn't that we are a co-dependent group needing a larger entity to survive out on the playa, we just want to go out, meet some more people and experience a different vantage point than in our previous years. However it works out, we'll have a grand time. We've gotten one response so far, and I'm going to discuss it with the group tonight/tomorrow (we want to decide soon so that we can start getting the excitement going full steam), so please if you think you'd be interested in having us, post here, or send us a message via either PM or email.

Much love.

-Nickel

Nickel

Postby Nickel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:14 pm

We have found a camp. A while ago in fact. I forgot to post that here it seems! Sorry about that. Thanks to all who offered. We will be camping at the Booby Bar in Terminal City at 3:00 and A. Come by and have a drink!

See you playaside!

Nickel

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:38 am

Did you find a camp yet ??? :wink:
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Nickel » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:27 am

oneeyeddick wrote:Did you find a camp yet ??? :wink:

Yes. Thankfully we are DOOMED!!

Nickel

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:41 pm

Yes, Doomed you be.

especially with that square head of yours
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Return to 2008 Theme Camps