Help a virgin burner - Which camp?

Help a virgin burner - Which camp?

Postby Innisfree » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:19 am

I am a female virgin burner - Which camp can I still join up with??? (Stag Camp is full)
Innisfree

Postby Orchid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:38 am

Orchid

Postby MikeVDS » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:54 pm

You don't need to join a camp. Are you headed out alone? What is it you hope to get from "joining a camp"?
MikeVDS

Postby Innisfree » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:30 pm

Yes, I'm going alone. By joining a camp I had hoped to meet others just to hang out with - so as not to go wandering around alone.
Innisfree

Postby MikeVDS » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:49 pm

It's good to have people you trust, the problem is that you won't really know those people either. Whoever you camp near will be your camp.

Also, what type of camp are you looking for? Are you into dancing, music (type?), art, and what will you bring to the camp? Are you willing to pay dues? How much work are you willing to put in?

Camps are as different as random people you meet on the street. You'll get along with some of them and not get along with others. It may not be too late to get together with people in your area and help with a project. Knowing a few people ahead of time is the best if you can pull it off. Then you're not betting on your camp having people you get along with. You may not sleep at your "camp" most of the time anyway. There are tons of crash places on the playa.
MikeVDS

Postby TomServo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:12 pm

did complete strangers camp in 2002..got four (myself included) random strangers to form a camp..worked out brilliantly. And, as the week went on..developed a community with our neighbors..Just be careful who you camp near..are some creeps out there! However, I think you will find people to be as helpful as possible.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Return to 2008 Theme Camps