Stag Camp

Tasty Virgins!

Postby lonestoner916 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:04 pm

Welcome everyone, Stag Camp is open to all! If you haven't already done so, go to Tribe.net and post your info and an introduction, especially the people coming from Alabama with the RV, so that when we do the landgrab we'll be sure to have plenty of room. Which reminds me I need to finish the signs...
Joe, I think it's cool that we're going to have a couple of token Burner kids in our camp, we're going to be really well rounded as far as people go, a nice mix of males and females, and plenty of awesome foreigners from all over the globe! Goddamnit I can't wait! :twisted:
lonestoner916

Postby lonestoner916 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:17 pm

Okay, so I lied.

The fact of the matter is that Stag Camp has grown so large we must now close our borders or risk becoming unmanageable. Everyone above this post we should be able to accomodate, but for any newcomers, I'm afraid you're going to have to seek life elsewhere. Not that we don't love ya, we just plain ain't got the room for ya! Sucks to be you! :twisted: :wink:
lonestoner916

Stag Camp Capacity

Postby melancholy harlot » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:08 am

Dear Family,

After a great deal of discussion, the original members of Stag Camp have determined that the group has reached its “Critical Mass,â€
"Since we don't know where we're going, we have to stick together in case someone gets there." -- Ken Kesey
melancholy harlot

Postby pterribilini » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:16 pm

iNiers!

I will help you set up your dome too, if you will help me set up mine? Pretty please? I set it up with my brother yesterday and it will definitley take at least two people to get it--three will be better. Of course, I will help anyone else who needs it as well.

Patty
Hehehe....that dude just called me a LADY!
pterribilini

Postby ¡Niers! » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Pterribilini-
Thanks for the offer to help set up the dome. Seems like there will be no shortage of help so whoever winds up helping is cool. I too am a hardworking man, and can't sit still, which is a big reason why I have chosen to be a steel fabricator. I will be willing to help anyone with anything as needed.

So, in response to the recent decision to put a cap on members and space for stag camp. I have decided to open my dome to other staggers that would like to set up a small tent inside the dome for a shady spot to sleep.
it's only 17-ft diameter so it won't accommodate too many people. But I will open it up to a couple more people. Besides, what better way to get to know other staggers?

In case anyone didn't know. Melencholy Harlot is one hell of an awesome woman. As well is everyone else that is working so hard to get things organized for Stag 2.0. Guys, if there is anything I can do to help you all out, let me know.

I'm going to post my contact info on Tribe.net for ya'll to have a way to get in touch with me if you need or desire.

Till then,

~N!
¡Niers!

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Hey niners i will help you set up your dome.... i don't take much space just me in a small 2 man tent.... currently trying to figure out my Money situation which right now looking like i might have to cancel the Canada portion of my trip due to a last min money emergency back home....

http://www.fireflyartscollective.org/

from what i heard this is like a mid summer before the burning man recompression /art show in new england
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby jasonburnswell » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:51 pm

frigin wish i knew about that say in june!!! gunna completly put it on my 2009 calender of things not to miss! thanks!!
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:02 pm

no problem dude... yeah i am good at hunting things down on the web.... sorry that it is to late this year but great to know for next year.... :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Have a good burn!

Postby lonestoner916 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Dude,

Honestly, I appreciate your intentions, but David, TJ, Jim, Red and I have been on the phone/emailing for a day and a half to figure out how we want to put things politely about closing the borders to Stag. It is frustrating for us to sign on and to see that you have already taken it upon yourself to communicate the message, in your own way, to the greater community. Decisions aren't made in stag without a counsel of elders, if you will, and it'd be greatly appreciate if you do not make pronouncements for the group without talking to all of us. Please do not post a retraction or apology on the thread, just let it be. David and I have drafted a final note that I am going to post.

I really do appreciate your enthusiasm but PLEASE in the future do not act as a spokesperson without speaking to David, myself, Shell, TJ or several other older members. Thanks.

See you on the playa!

Best,

Nikki

Why do I feel like I just got my ass spanked, and not in the good way? :cry:

Sorry if I "stole your thunder" so to speak, but I had just posted that Stag Camp was "open to all" which unless I'm mistaken it has been up until now, when Mzfit messaged me to go to Tribe and read your critical mass post, which I then did. It was too late to edit the previous open invitation so I took it upon myself to share the information I'd just learned, no more new people in camp. Look, I get it, you all were there at Stag Camp 1 last year and I wasn't, you started it, but as I've been constantly reminded, Stag Camp is NOT a theme camp. The fact that every single person is supposed to be responsible for themselves is what drew me to Stag Camp in the first place. So how the hell can a small minority of people, your tribal council of sorts, claim leadership over a much larger group of people? (Newbies like myself!) Guide us and teach us yes, but don't try to boss us around. :evil: I wasn't aware that I was acting as a spokesman, that was never my intention, YOU ALL came to the decision to close Stag Camp on your own, I would have capped it off at like fifty people... But forget that, when I decided to join up with Stag Camp, the "rules" were:
1. Be self reliant
2. No Moop
3. No violence
That's it. There was no "Obey The Tribal Council!"
I don't need this drama, you feel like I wasn't polite enough, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't give you the right to scold me like a naughty five year old and try to tell me what I can and can't post. That's why I'm going to post your message to me and this reply in the Stag thread. In closing, I've decided that Stag Camp just isn't the place for me this year, but I wish you all the best and look forward to meeting some of you on the Playa.
lonestoner916

Re: Have a good burn!

Postby amphibiac » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:44 am

lonestoner916 wrote:...In closing, I've decided that Stag Camp just isn't the place for me this year, but I wish you all the best and look forward to meeting some of you on the Playa...

Sad news, indeed Lone. I for one was looking forward to meeting you and all your Hunter S. Thompson -ness. Hope you find a suitably exciting camp. I understand your feeling claustrophobic now that this new "directive," has come down from on high, but reconsider, if at all possible. If you do choose to camp elsewhere, please stop by Stag and say hola to those of us that have been amused for the last 6 mos. of your ranting, rambling, image-posting madness.

Take care, and remember SAFETY 3rd! :twisted:
http://kmixlsg.blogspot.com/
burning man 2008 blog
amphibiac

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Even Hushville has Flounders and a preregistration requirement. Used to be open to all who agreed to the three rules, but it got so crowded we called it "Hushville Calcutta" one year.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Free2B » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Wow, sucks. I enjoyed your blog too. For what it's worth I didn't personally take it like you were speaking for the whole camp at all, just the sarcastic post I'd expect from you. And for what it's worth, I don't think that message was meant to be as harsh as it came out. I've always seen discussion on whatever subject on this thread, I don't see why this was off limit since I didn't see any mention on tribe's discussion of the "official" message being composed. I definitely see your frustration but I think it was just an unfortunate misunderstanding and the situation could of been handled a lot different. It sucks to hear "run everything you post by the elders" but I have to be the optimist I am and say the spirit of that message was as lost as lost gets. By the way, I couldn't find the link to your blog again, you took it off your profile?
Free2B

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:53 am

15 days till i am a free man...... that is all :0
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby Charlie_H » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:07 am

We set off for San Fran in 8 days!! Wooo! *does an excited bum wiggle!!*
Charlie_H

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:54 am

:D just remeber we drive on the other side of the road then you do.... can't wait to see you all at the burn...
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby ¡Niers! » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:31 am

Well...on a good day we drive on the right side. Every now and again I forget where I am.

16 more days for Tom and I!!
¡Niers!

Postby Charlie_H » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:01 am

Funky Monkey Mech wrote::D just remeber we drive on the other side of the road then you do.... can't wait to see you all at the burn...
Haha, I know! I don't actually drive either so I'll more than likely be screaming to Sarah 'you're on the wrong side!!'
Charlie_H

Postby Kitty Dingo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:16 am

Charlie_H and all who come from afar . . .

When my friends dis my eagerness to get back to BRC and all the time spent in preparation, I am encouraged by all of you who make a big committment to come here.

I am so excited all I do is think about shade structures, bike accessories, and meeting all of you!

Safe travels to all.

I'm pouring coffee in center camp. Come by and say hi!
Kitty Dingo

Postby plowman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:02 pm

I grew up(on and off)in Tahoe. Parents got divorced so I bounced back and forth from Tahoe and Oceanside. Got the best of both worlds.
plowman

Iniers

Postby lokione » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:38 am

Iniers, I will help set up. I would like to be around other staggers. I have been following stag camp for quite a while, and was very suprised when they capped it. :shock: Had I known that could happen I would have been more active on the forum.
Let me know!
lokione

stag camp

Postby hoochie mama » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:53 am

Hello folks...looking for help or info.

I had checked in some time back to see if the three of us from Nova Scotia could be part of all this....and everything seemed to be a go.

But I didn't realize that there is a Stag Camp 2.0 until this morning..(tribe isn't used much in these parts). And for the life of me I can't manage to get it to let me join.

so where does that leave us? Are we actually on your list or not? We arrive Sunday and don't want to set up within your boundaries if that isn't cool.......

Much playa love.

Hooch.
hoochie mama

Postby jasonburnswell » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:25 pm

to be honest...i don't think so....but it's not really up to me and i don't know what you were told before and who told you so.... best bet is to P.M. nikki(melancholy harlot) she posted up about on this topic. she would know the best answer. i don't mean to throw it on someone else but....like i said i'm not sure. also...i am pretty sure most folks arn't checking this topic anymore. most of our action is on tribe so it would really help things if you were on there. sorry i couldn't be more help.
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby SirRound » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:53 pm

Hoochie Mama,

screw stag camp, camp with us

"the disco headhunters" kickin up dust since 1996!

You arent gonna let someone with a name like hoochie mama into stag camp?

look for the big blue parachute on 10:00 and ???
SirRound

Come by and spin the wheel!

Postby lonestoner916 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Camp Nomadia, near 4:30 and E!
:wink:
lonestoner916

Finding a camp...

Postby Erinina7 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Totally a virgin, studying the lit like its the SATs, but is it still too late to join this camp? Solitary, but communal sounds good!
Erinina7

Burning Since: 2008

what the fuck is up with tribe?

Postby curiousgnate » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:19 pm

dude im going nuts when are they going to get it up and running. you'd think they would be better prepared for their bigest two weeks of the year. anyway its really frustrating
curiousgnate

Postby SonOfUgly » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:27 pm

[quote="maukahale"]
any other Northwesterners headed down early Sunday?[/quote]

yep, from western washington, just north of olympia

AND TIRBE NEEDS TO GET ON IT :shock:
SonOfUgly

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:13 pm

well i have to give them some credit.... they are rebuilding the intire immage server for Everybody on tribe.... all the pictures and everything so.... yeah.... gotta give them some slack.... it sucks that they are down... but it will happen.... and come back up.
Funky Monkey Mech

Waaaahhhhh!

Postby pterribilini » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:15 am

I can give 'em some slack and all...but I sure do miss you guys on Tribe...
pterribilini

Woo-Hoo!!

Postby pterribilini » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:54 am

In case anyone hasn't checked yet...Tribe is back online! :D
pterribilini

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps