Stag Camp

Postby amphibiac » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:38 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:Amphibiac,
Your pictures are not showing up. Could you post the make and model of the tent? With a picture or two I might be able to help figure it out.

the only pic I have atm is from the CL ad:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_g_hJeyCf2b0/SGj ... ent+ad.jpg

Let me know if that helps...or I can PM it to you.

Thanks btw...the pic is likely useless, as was the woman who sold it to me. She'd not set it up since the 80s. Got it at a military surplus auction 20 years ago...I am not completely sure all the pieces are even there...But man is the canvas THICK and sturdy. Indiana Jones would sleep in it.
http://kmixlsg.blogspot.com/
burning man 2008 blog
amphibiac

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:52 pm

Looks like a quality tent. Yah I'd need more info. It looks like it needs some angled connectors unless there are very sturdy pockets that the straight poles go in to on the corners and peak of the tent.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby pterribilini » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:56 pm

I have been reading this thread for hours now, and want to know if you have room for one more? I am a 32 yr old virgin who has been to 5 regoinals in TX. I don't want to be in a big theme camp but LOVE the supportive, all-comers vibe I get from y'all!
Hehehe....that dude just called me a LADY!
pterribilini

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:38 pm

:D welcome to stag camp please read the burning man survival guide and also regester with us on www.tribe.net so you can post your space requirments under the Roll Call post :)
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby plowman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:01 pm

Amphibiac,
Looks like you have a puzzle!!
There are alot of people in our camp who would
probably be able to help with this thing.
If we are not able to set it up right. We probably
could set it up so as to be decent shelter.
I love a challenge.

Welcome pterribilini!!

Still looking for
MR. Boyer
plowman

Postby amphibiac » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 pm

plowman wrote:Amphibiac,
Looks like you have a puzzle!!
There are alot of people in our camp who would
probably be able to help with this thing.
If we are not able to set it up right. We probably
could set it up so as to be decent shelter.
I love a challenge.

Still looking for
MR. Boyer

HA! Thanks for the vote of positivity, plowman. Okay, so I am still planning on bringing it for maybe that reason, but I think I'll pick up an alternate tent anyway.
In the name of radical self-reliance, I must assume that the possibility exists that I will not be able to locate stag camp due to being lost, it being sucked into a dimensional vortex, or the minute I step on the playa my brain oozes out of my ears and I wander the next 9 days with a playa-botomy.
I'd be screwed if I show up with only this tent and no clue how to set it up.
That all said, I appreciate the offer. I look forward to seeing what of it (if any) is salveageable. Its just a bit too big to set up solo. At least for me.
burning man 2008 blog
amphibiac

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:46 pm

Ahh you should be fine finding us don't worry i did not think i would be able to find stag last year and sure enough i found it 10 seconds after we started looking for it because it was right down the street from my friends camp.... so once you get in the 8:30 to 9:00 area you will have no problem finding camp.....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Um. Two ways to find stag camp.
1 Playa Info...Search for Stag Camp and get the exact address.
2 After the greeters take a left on to the outermost road and head for 8:00. After passing 8:00 look for the STAG sign. Then follow signs in to camp.
--->
Once you are on the outer most road it will be a right, left and right in to camp.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:14 pm

lmao actually that is prity much what we did last year to find pollyparadise and stag camp to drop my friend and i off we coasted the out most road till we saw 9:00 then turned right then costed down to G then turned again.... and TA DA we were there....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby ¡Niers! » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 am

Hello,
It's me again.
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to lend a hand setting up my dome on Monday morning. I just set it up for the first time, and it wasn't too easy to do with just my brother and I. I know at least a 3rd person would be alot easier.

Twinwitin,
how's everything growing in your garden?
Maybe we should get together before we head out. We could even caravan to BRC. I live just up the 5 from you here in Eugene.

Everyone have a great day!

ok
¡Niers!

Postby mzfit » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 am

iNiers! - I'll be there Monday morning and would be happy to pitch in and help you set up the dome.
mzfit

Postby twinwitin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:41 am

iNiers-Yay! I am all for getting together before the burn, I will talk to sister about her schedule. I know that we are going to Eugene, on Tues. Aug.5th (payday!) to do a little...or alot of shopping for our adventure, maybe we could get together and do lunch, check your datebook and get back to us! You can p.m. me with details. If something else would work for you let us know, we can work it out, ya? :D

We are going to try to hit the gate at around 6:00 a.m. Monday morning, we like to travel at night, and if we wait in line at gate, we'd like to wait in the cooler ha ha part of the day! I will confer with sister on this also, can't make plans without her, she does the driving!!! ha ha ha
If this sounds like your kind of trip let's go baby! 8)

The garden-our place of zen! It is coming along nicely, the dudes, that's what we call our men, ha ha built us 13 4x8 raised beds and they are full full full! The strings are up for the pole beans, and today we are putting up the tomato cages that sisters' man made for us. We have planted 6 different kinds of corn, including a seed that dates to the Aztecs! We also planted on variety in a U-shape, so when it grows up tall, our special guy(my son)will have a place to hide from the non-autistic world. Hey, wait 'till you see my tan! One of the benefits of having a 200 acre wood, ha ha is
NO TAN LINES!!!!!!! :shock: :wink: AHA HA HA HA

Have you and Tom gave your "footprint" ha ha over on tribe?
As you can see, I'm in a smiley mood! :D :D
twinwitin

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:37 pm

I will help with the dome as well.... last year dome set up was not that bad... can't wait to get there AHHHH AM I THERE YET and if not WHY NOT!!!!
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby amphibiac » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:12 pm

Funky Monkey Mech wrote:... can't wait to get there AHHHH AM I THERE YET and if not WHY NOT!!!!

Then again, if you were there right now, that'd mean it was late August. So instead of Burning Man coming up in 3 1/2 weeks, it'd be mid-September, and BM would be a fading memory already :(

Yet-3 weeks ago was 4th of july !?!..damn time is flying by! it'll be here before we know it...

I CAN'T fucking WAIT either!!?!
burning man 2008 blog
amphibiac

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:23 pm

amphibiac wrote:
Funky Monkey Mech wrote:... can't wait to get there AHHHH AM I THERE YET and if not WHY NOT!!!!

Then again, if you were there right now, that'd mean it was late August. So instead of Burning Man coming up in 3 1/2 weeks, it'd be mid-September, and BM would be a fading memory already :(

Yet-3 weeks ago was 4th of july !?!..damn time is flying by! it'll be here before we know it...

I CAN'T fucking WAIT either!!?!

very true very true..... but so excited ohh ohh ohh hoping to learn some new tricks this Saturday....
Funky Monkey Mech

sad realization

Postby jasonburnswell » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:04 pm

hey had a thought today that yeah we're onplaya in 24 days...but in like 35 days we'll be leaving. and then it's "The Saddness" :( Burningman reacclamation. every year i tell myself that i'll "bring home the playa" and make some adjustments to my default life to make room for some playa vibe. and i do ...no doubt... but it's still sad. New England needs a regional burn!
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:32 pm

They have one dude Playa Del Fuego... check it out

http://www.playadelfuego.org/

In PA they do one called Frost Burn as well some time in December but i don't know if that is happening again this year....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby lonestoner916 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:13 pm

¡Niers! wrote:Hello,
It's me again.
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to lend a hand setting up my dome on Monday morning. I just set it up for the first time, and it wasn't too easy to do with just my brother and I. I know at least a 3rd person would be alot easier.

Twinwitin,
how's everything growing in your garden?
Maybe we should get together before we head out. We could even caravan to BRC. I live just up the 5 from you here in Eugene.

Everyone have a great day!

ok

More than happy to lend a hand! 8)
lonestoner916

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:25 pm

AHHHH!!!! I AM SO EXCITED I JUST GOT A MESSAGE FROM THE ART FOR THE SKY PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING THE TREE... THEY PUT ME ON THE FIRE PERFORMERS LIST I AM GOING TO BE A PART OF THAT LARGE PROJECT!!!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!

Sorta worried though i am not to good with my poi but i am amazing with my fire breathing so i hope they need me to do breathing and not poi :(
Funky Monkey Mech

ok guys the next big question.....

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:42 pm

Ok guys i got a big question would anybody be really upset if a friend of mine stayed with us and brought her Kids? I know the kids are they are 5,10,and 12.... so is everybody ok with this.... the kids have bin to the burn before so they know what goes on.... and when asked if they would rather go to Disneyland or Burning Man they pick Burning Man.... so what do you guys think :) please.... she wanted me to ask before she signed up with us that way if anybody does have a problem with it she still has time to look around for a place for them to stay at the burn...
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby jasonburnswell » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:01 pm

ok i gotta post up with a little geography. thanks BTW yes i know of playa del fuego...but its held in delaware last i checked. and PA is pretty friggin far from NH! now don't get me wrong...these events are no doubt awesome and would kick my ass...but they are not new england regional burns by any stretch of the imagination. >deep breath< >sad sigh<
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby Fried_Eagle_Mind » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:56 am

Is it to late to consider letting three virgins from Virginia stay with stag camp? We are 20,21, and 22 and arn't yahoos. We all love the idea of stag camp and plan to be very self reliant.
Fried_Eagle_Mind

Postby kreamyjif » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:41 am

Yay Virginia!!! What part of the Commonwealth are you coming from? I'm from the NoVa area (annandale/falls church) & will be coming with 4 other Virginians & a Marylander. Not that I want to speak for the entire camp but to the best of my knowledge we haven't closed our borders! Check us out on tribes @ http://tribes.tribe.net/stagcamp2point0
Kreamyjif
kreamyjif

Postby Fried_Eagle_Mind » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:21 am

We are from the Hampton Roads area (chesapeake)
I'm going to sign up for tribe right now.
Fried_Eagle_Mind

Postby ¡Niers! » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:51 am

Thanks to all that say they will lend a hand with setting up the dome. I think with like 4 or 5 people we should be fine.
Wow, only 25 days left! So excited!

Monkey, I can't speak for the rest of the clan, but I'd be ok with your friends bringing their kids. Tom and I love kids and Tom is especially good with them. So, I see no problem.

Man, I am just scrambling to figure out what all to bring with what limited funds I have right now. Things have been really tight with Tom and I, but I think we can pull it off.

ok
¡Niers!

Postby Free2B » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Up to today, bout 5 minutes ago, we have 74 staggers in roll call. I posted male-female info on tribe.
Free2B

Two Guys from Alabama

Postby jw8008 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:14 pm

hi, I have not checked all the info on your camp yet, but do you have room for a 29 foot RV? we are traveling from Alabama in it and may want to run the Generator a little, although it is a quiet one, however it would need to be faced away from close campers. In 2006 when we came, we camped on the outside edge of black rock city, and would like to join a camp this time. What do you think?
Peace and Love, Jon
Communication never happens, it is only observed....me 2008
jw8008

Postby JEM2387 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:31 am

Hey guys, do you have room for 2 more? Do we need to sign up somewhere or just find you & hunker down on the playa?
Stay Beautiful!!
JEM2387

Postby mzfit » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:13 am

Jon and Jess

Welcome! Please make your way over to tribe.net and put your info in the Roll Call thread - that's what we're using to determine the size and people requirements for this growing endeavor! Also please read the Stag Camp Philosophy and general discussion threads there!

See you in a few weeks
mzfit

Portland weirgen

Postby maukahale » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:43 am

hey all, newbie riding down on my motorcycle with the full kit on the tail, need minimum space and I leave no trace when I travel, have an old ukelele too with some Hawaiian tunes in memory. if ya still have a few square feet it would be nice to initiate my first burn with some other Stags and Stagettes. I'll head over to Tribe and put in my info.

any other Northwesterners headed down early Sunday?
unconsume your life
maukahale

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps