Drums/Drummer looking for DJ or other music performers

Drums/Drummer looking for DJ or other music performers

Postby drumtech » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:44 pm

Drumset seeks new home with other electric/acoustic performer(s). Drummer included. No assembly required.

I love my camp, I love my drums, I want to do both this year, but they unfortunately will not mix. My camp is quite chill, doesn't have a stage, nor is live/dj music "appropriate" with our theme. So, I'd love to find someone or a group to play with at a camp or stage where I could setup my drumset.

If you are a DJ or doing electronica and want an acoustic drumset playing along, give me a shout. I'm a jazz/rock/jamband drummer but I've really been into the DJ / Live Acoustic Drummer combo recently. But if there are other individuals bands looking for a drumset and drummer, let me know.

I'm a bay-area drummer, have played many years with many bands, including some stage/theater percussion and would LOVE to eventually get something going like a Mutaytor or a Burning Man's Blue Man Group.

But I'm just happy to play for hours on end - and find a happy playa home for my drums this year.

I got what you need

Postby reality » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:39 pm

I would be down to let you setup and play along with me at some point. Check it out myspace.com/ellipsis2007

Postby Journeyman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:16 am

Can you play contemporary blues with a swing feel? You got a home for your drums at Shadebearers Temporate Zone. I'll have a couple guitar amps, a bass amp, instruments to have unscheduled spontaneous blues jams, and I'd like to experiment with a blues/trance format. It's a comfortably carpeted and padded space with LOTS of lighting at night, and is recognizable as an origami-like pavilion, like a teepee with A-frame entries all around it, 20 feet high and 40 feet across. We're placed somewhere on the Esplanade between 8:15 and 8:45. We have a pole for volunteer exotic dancers, too; ladies only, please.
Infinity = 1; since 1 / infinity = 1, zero is an absolute impossibility. The reason triangles are so unlike other polygons is that a triangle is part of a polygon bridging two dimensions.

Return to 2008 Art & Performance