Burning Man Radio

Burning Man Radio

Postby barnz » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:13 pm

So I managed to get this list a few days before the burn of 20 "confirmed" playa radio stations, and an additional 10 "unconfirmed" stations.

I got super excited and preprogrammed my FM tuner with all of the frequencies so our camp music would be more 'connected' with the community around us than just repeating the same iPod music that everybody drove up with...

I didn't keep exact track of how many stations I could actually pull in, but it was about 4.
    Were there super-low power stations that couldn't broadcast as far as 4 o'clock and Freshwater?!

Did lots of 'confirmed' stations not show up?

Who was actually broadcasting this year?

I certainly had BMIR, and K-SVERT, and I'm pretty sure Hot Hits of the 80s.
~~~~~~~~
known on the Playa (especially Ranger Radios) as HOOPY FROOD.

"A towel … is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have." – Douglas Adams
barnz

Postby BoxaRox » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:57 pm

The best-laid plans.

:-(
BoxaRox

Radio Electra

Postby waltsnipe » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:06 pm

Radio Electra was cranking out a wide range of music all week, from Sunday to Sunday, at 89.9 FM. This wil be Gary's 8th straight year bringing Electra to the playa, and he puts out enough power to reach all over BRC.

Sorry you didn't find us during the week this year. Should be the same frequency next year.
waltsnipe

Postby Burner till death » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:47 am

Listened to the radio at exodus on tuesday. had a blast and it was nice to hear some of the walk up stories.
Burner till death

Playa Radio

Postby SHAKEY » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Playa People-

Can;t wait for BM... Good times!
Playa stations are cool and very different. The programming is, well, fun to listen to and it keeps us in tune with happenings all around BRC. I know the stations are very low power as not to break any laws. But
K-svert, BMIR and the 80's station have the best signals. I love Hot Hits of the 80's. That Power 92-5 station is the best one in Black Rock City. They play some cool specialty shows too. They did a disco dance show last year (07) that had all the girls around our camp dancing in the street.
I'm sure they will be there this year too. So turn it up! :roll:

Party on
SHAKEY

Return to 2007 Theme Camps