Vedges&GimpsCamp seeks gimps/able-bodied volunteers!

Vedges&GimpsCamp seeks gimps/able-bodied volunteers!

Postby grgoyle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Hello fellow Burners,and welcome to all you first-time Burners!
In our sophomore year, Vedges&Gimps Camp is now recruiting new membership.

If you are someone with a disability(namely of an ambulatory nature,but we also have a few with borderline-mental ones...)who feels they might need easier transport around the playa in order to explore,network,visit other camps,or maybe(heaven forbid)get to the medical tent,we welcome you to join us.

This year we'll be aligned with Hot Wheelz Camp,who have also focused on the needs of handicapped Burners for several years.
We'll bring 3 handicapped-authorized vehicles: a Jeep and 2 customized golf carts.

And if you are reasonably able-bodied, we also need to hear from you. We want you as part of the newly-founded Black Rock City Department of Transportation!
This might include driving all around the playa in one of our carts, or assisting those getting on and off any of our disabled-friendly vehicles.
It'll be fun and will allow you a great opportunity to see all that can be seen at BMan'08 and make new friends, all while participating in a very good cause!

In addition to those benefits, we expect to be placed near Center Camp;the "hub" of Burning Man. We also expect to be connected to the electric grid,which allows us power usage without total reliance upon gasoline-powered generators.
But it's important to share that we also will need gasoline(a dirty word!) to fuel our 3 handicapped vehicles. We require that our members bring at least 5 gallons of 'extra' gasoline to keep those vehicles running all week.

Vedges & Gimps Camp/B.R.C.D.O.T. is limited to only providing the aforementioned transportation services,and very limited camping space.
You are responsible for bringing in your own food,water,and other necessities,as well as packing out all of your waste and recyclables.

E-reply soon.Time's running out!
Or call (510)452-7231.
sincerely, Gargoyle
I am Gargoyle.
grgoyle

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:34 pm

I'll stop by. But the Booby Bar would stake me on an anthill if I didn't camp with them.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Hey!

Postby Playable » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:14 pm

This will be my first year at Burning Man and I am extremely interested in any camps with disabled folks. I myself am a paraplegic, very interested in making the most of this year's event. I realize this is an old thread, but if your camp is planning on returning, I would love any info. you have.

I'm also thinking about (and have submitted a media proposal) documenting the disabled culture at Burning Man.

I look forward to hearing from you and am really stoked about this event!!!!

Stan
Stan
Playable

Postby POWERCHAIR » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Dear Playable-
You need to get together w/ us, the Black Rock City Dept. of Mobility.

Wait, are you Stan Clawson? If so, we already know you, bro!

We've been hoping for your docu-skills to help take the message to the peeps re: the many disabled folks at BMan and the stuff they gotta deal with.
Bro, my ph# is 510.452-7231.
Just know that I'm recently linked w/ Wayne(formerly of Hot Wheelz) who totally knows you.

I am Gargoyle, tho I've signed on as Wayne here tonight in order to do other stuff here.
He and I are working together this year to furnish mobility and other services to the disabled attendees at Burning Man.

You know Wayne already, right Stan?

Vedges&Gimps no longer exists.
BRC Dept. of Mobility is your go-to entity re: serving your mobility needs.

Get back in touch!
POWERCHAIR

Hey!

Postby Playable » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:18 am

Hey Gargoyle. Yeah, I've been in touch with Wayne and really looking forward to the burn. Wayne's a great guy. Really working his butt off to get this thing going.

I'm currently awaiting media approval for my project... fingers and wheels crossed.

I'm still in the stages of getting info. on the burn. As well as possible interviews for the video... if... I get approval. Better to be prepared.

Let's definitely touch base. I'm really looking forward to seeing BRC Dept. of Mobility in action!

Talk soon,

Playable (Stan)
Stan
Playable

Return to 2008 Theme Camps