Stag Camp

Postby jasonburnswell » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:35 pm

i'm 31 and make pizza and steak and cheese all day in NH.
is stag camp right for me?

(think funny old spice commercial)
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby pizzamancer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Nice! I am 36 and own a pizza shop myself. I was wondering the same thing.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby plowman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:02 pm

I worked in a Pizza place when I was younger.
Went to work at 8:00am. We didn't open till 11:00am
We made fresh dough dayly. and made 1pound and 1 1/2 pound dough
balls that we had to keep moist and kneed every 1/2 hour so the wouldn't
rise to much,
Carved the meat off of pork butts, ran it through the grinder, then mixed
the anis and other spices and ran it through the grinder 2 more times to mix it.Then we pressed some into Real pork sleaves for sausage sandwiches, and the rest, we baked for Pizza topping.
We even made our Pizza and Spaghetti sause out of fresh tomatoes
delivered every day. Nothing was canned
Still love Pizza but not to fond of Italian sausage anymore.

As far as Stag Camp being right for you?
Thats a desicion you have to make on your own.
Read about us in the 2007 and 2008 theme camp threads.
I hope you decide to stay with us, you are very welcome at Stag Camp

If you see MR. Boyer,
let me know! K?
plowman

Postby twinwitin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:18 pm

I can eat pizza!!! :D
twinwitin

Postby pizzamancer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:25 pm

I need a ride from SF or any other reasonable distance that I can fly into from Japan, and a corner in a tent if possible. Anyone have space?

Someone else was kind enough to offer a spot in a van 3 days ago, but I wasn't fast enough to accept, and it is no longer available. :(.

I will promise a free pizza dinner to my chauffeur though. Flour and canned tomatoes should hold up on la playa. I just have to think about cheese now...
pizzamancer

Postby nebulachic » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:08 am

Well alrighty then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P
nebulachic

Postby seeka » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:43 pm

i'm a 29 year old anxious to get to BRC, temporarily crippled girl from NH.......is stag camp right for me?
)'(
seeka

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Jess YAHHH lol don't know why but i always get excited when you post... probley cause i dont see ya much on here....

i am a 23 year old marine who fire breaths and loves to shoot shit and ride in helicopters.... is stag camp right for me?
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

sniff sniff

Postby SecretOperativeBear » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:48 pm

someone say pizza?
SecretOperativeBear

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: BRC Recycle Camp

Postby jasonburnswell » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:06 pm

jess, i love you your the best! thanks for jumping in and saving my joke that everyone took seriously. i wish i had the techno know how to make the video. see you tommorro night:)
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby jasonburnswell » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:10 pm

pizzamancer-- are you on tribe... and if you are who are you... we need to talk pizza brother!
plowman-- your way more hardcore than me. it's canned paste, water and spices. i am suddenly ashamed. it's actually really good though.
and i gotta tell you, i'm am WAY more excited to burn with you now that i know that you've handled ground anus. fabulous!
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:11 pm

lol i knew what you were going for dude but she beat me to it lmao i think that would make an interesting stag camp video when we get to the playa :) we should recored the " Is stag camp right for me" video for you tube....
Funky Monkey Mech

CAN WE JOIN?

Postby wadudia3 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:19 pm

we're a guy and girl. we are partners. mid 20s. we live in spain. guy is from spain and is virgin. gal is from all over and had her first burn in 07. we're actually coming in from the bay area in a pick-up. we can cook and make sangria! last year gal served cream cheese and caviar on sesame crackers! oh and honey sticks with corona! we don't exactly come as a rigidly identified couple. we love each other deeply and want to meet all kinds of people. is it possible for us to join this camp? if so, what do we need to do to make sure we find you wonderful people and can we contribute anything specifically?
-ibada

quiero vivir.
wadudia3

Welcome

Postby mzfit » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Guy and Gal - welcome to Stag Camp. We're hoping to be around 8:45 somewhere between E and G. That all depends on how the land grab goes though. Check the map when you arrive - we'll have something there to identify where we're at for sure. We're quite the laid back group - you're not required or even asked to bring ANYTHING for the group. If you choose to - that's great. If you choose not to - that's great as well!

I strongly suggest that you read the thread from last year as well as this whole thread for info. All we ask is that you come prepared to take care of yourselves for the week and have a good time.

There is a Stag Camp tribe at tribe.net where many details are being discussed and plans are being made - I suggest you check it out. Over there, there have been discussions about a community chill zone/shade zone that you can contribute too. There's been talk about a pirate themed night as well.

Look forward to meeting both of you. This is my first burn and it's been awesome to meet these people and prep for a fantastic week!
mzfit

Postby plowman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Seeka,
glad to hear it's only temperary.
I don't know what happened, but I know the feeling and the
frustration of not being able to do things for yourself without
assistance.
I don't know if you know my story, but I'll tell you all now.
Burning Man 2005. I arrived at about 2am.Monday morning, set up camp
(at another camp) got some sleep. Monday was great, we rode around
and looked at as much as posible.Monday night was fantastic the party was on. Tuesday, I slept in, got up about 9am, decided to stay in camp
and help new arrivals. Tuesday night they opened up the 2 story maze under the "MAN". It was hard to find the passage way up to the second floor but I did it. On the 2nd floor was a firemans pole other people had gone down. It looked out of reach. It was for me.
The next thing I heard was "GO FOR IT" and then felt a hand pushing me in the middle of the back. I lost my ballance and had to grab for the pole.
It was slippery from all the sunscreen and lotion. Beside the fact I wasn't
prepared to slide down it.
By the time I had a grip on the pole and wrapped my right leg around it
I hit the ground, with all my weight on my left leg.
The Ranger that was monitering the exit looked in and said
"When did they put plywood down?"
Jump on a piece of loose plywood and that is the sound of a leg shattering
The Rangers wrapped it with an ace bandage thinking it was just a sprained ankle and drove me back to camp.
The next morning was the worst. I coudn't move without being in pain.
Someone finally decided to take me to the Med tent at center camp.(coudn't get there on my own).
The Doc said,"Yep, its broke, and broke bad. You need to get home and
schedule surgery".
Wait a minute, This is only Wednesday and the Burn aint untill Saturday, I can't leave yet!!
So he wrapped it in a splint and gave me some crutches.
Besides, My truck and all my stuff were still at camp.
I couldn't leave anyway because I was boxed in. And my truck was a standard transmision, Couldn't push in the clutch.
After a few days I found a group of people from Colorado and one of them volunteered to drive me home.
As soon as I got home, A friend drove me to the hospital were xrays
revealed , A shattered Tibia with a spiral fracture from inside my ankle
to about 2 inches below my knee. (looked like an upside down lightning bolt to me and the ball joint that fits into the ankle looked like a spiders web). The good news, my foot, heal, ankle,and fibula (that smaller leg bone) were OK.
The first Doc I saw wanted to put a pin, 3 plates and 10 screws in my leg.
The next Doc I went to told me the same thing, but I asked him if there was another way. And this is what I had to do.
Wear a plaster cast up to my hip for 4 1/2 months
Keep it elevated (easy chair all the way back with 4 pillows under my leg)
Thats were I slept also
I only got up to go to the bathroom and to go to the Doc
Recovery was harsh, No therepy for me, I decided to get back to work.
The people that I work with called me "step..drag" for a while because it was hard to use my left leg for a long time.
The good news, I can tell you when the weather is going to change.
You, on the other hand, can tell when I've been sitting to long and also when I've been standing to long.
The camp I was with ignored me after my accident.
That will NOT happen to you!!
Not in Stag Camp!!
Just make sure Danny has your ID and stuff. Rember?
Can't wait to see you and Danny again
plowman

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Seeka, The Super Secret Special Project is almost finished and will be waiting for you in Stag Camp 2.0.
The rest of you are going to have to guess what it is and no hints by people that know. OK.
That's right Plowman! Not in Stag Camp!
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby seeka » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:39 am

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
)'(
seeka

Virgin from España!

Postby jesusabellan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:14 am

I'm the guy of wadudia3. From Spain, more than 5,500 milles from BRC, but starting to feel I'm gonna be at HOME with you guys. Thank you!

Do you wanna learn/practice some fine, cool, real fucking spanish?? Let's do it with Jesús!! :wink:

Can't wait!

J!
i'm not really into quotes
jesusabellan

Postby jasonburnswell » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:48 pm

I'm one of the cool kids! i know what the Super Secret Special Project is!!!
wooohooo!!!! i havn't seen it or anything ...but at least i know what it is...that counts for something right?
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby jasonburnswell » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:50 pm

by the way...
plowman- your my hero now... ground anus AND a broken leg for burningman! you are tops!
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Absolutely! Everything counts!!

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Me too???

Postby SimplyNutz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi Ya'll ~
I've just spent hours reading all the posts and stuff from last year and I'll tell you.... I'm feeling a lot less crazed about being a virgin burner. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!
SimplyNutz

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:40 am

To start nice name there simplynutz.... second welcome to burning man I see you already read all our threads so I recommend the survival guide and then head over to tribe not net and read that over espicaly the stag camp phlosiphy ( spelling anybody help me with it please!!!)

Third.... WAHOO go me I was fire breathing at a local event ( just about 20 of us for drinks and movie at friends house then some fire play) and apprentley the fire balls I was making got a bit big and somebody called the cops and said that we had a flamethrower and were shooting fireballs into the sky.... Hee hee hee ( ok sorry for the giggle) I can't believe it somebody report me as a flamethrower cause they saw my fireballs.... to bad I could not show them it was just me lol ***starts to do monkey victory dance*** oh and even better first time I preformed for my friend and some of the local burner community and I did great!!!*** starts dancing again and chanting go me go me***
The only uncool part was they made us stop playing with fire and part that pissed me off even more grr *** rant mode on*** they tried to poke around saying that the patriot act says that they can if we have or they think we possess a terrorist weapon, which they consider a flamethrower to be one apprentley! God for bid any of the local cops go to the burn lol they would have a shit fit with all the "terrorist" running around out there with are flamethowers of mass distruction on there art cars.....sorry bout that ** turns rant mode off***
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby pizzamancer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 am

Is there a grill in Stag Camp?
pizzamancer

Grill

Postby mzfit » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:58 am

Pizzamancer - I will have a small Weber BabyQ grill with me and several extra propane tanks for it. You are welcome to use it if you'd like!
mzfit

Postby plowman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:59 pm

I have a small propane grill, can't bake bisquits with out it.
I also have a 2 burner camp stove.
You are welcome to use both, but please bring your own propane.
I have spatula tongs and fork for the grill, but no extra pots or pans
for the stove

If you see MR. Boyer,
let me know! K?

plowman

Postby jasonburnswell » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:48 am

campstoves...
my experience is if you think you might even possibly - in an off chance want to use someones stove or grill...even once...bring a can of propane... this way there will be plenty for the whole week. it's not like you'll take your buddies can off and put yours on...it'll be more like."hey the grills out of propane... who's gotta can?" and then boom you'll be the man...johnny on the spot! your the hero...even though it was your ass that emptied it in the first place. i'm defo bringing a couple...and i don't even think i'll be cooking... but then again.....
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

accepting additions?

Postby hoochie mama » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:30 am

Three of us ...flying in from Nova Scotia. Me, 6 year burner, always been a diehard lamplighter and now looking to take it easy for once, my brother (a newbie), and our regional rep...4th burn for him. The rest of our local burners are scattered, Lamplighter Village, Playa International and Kidsville.

We were planning to just throw down in this general area anyway, and from everything I've read here resistance to assimilation is futile, so lets make it official. Just once I want to be close to the party people, but still want the option of sleep.

So..you guys o.k with three well supplied, laid back, Celtic types from the East Coast as additions to your perimeter?

lovingly,

das hooch ( the burner formerly known as Hoochie Mama )
hoochie mama

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:20 am

Your assimilation is assured Das Hooch! We look forward to assimilating your companions as well. Welcome aboard and post up in tribe and all that jazz.

I'm off to work in ditch. Again!

See ya!

motskyroonmatick

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:56 am

Yes it is.... now lower your inhabitions and prepare to be assimlitated into the party lmao!!! Welcome to Stag camp wow so with three more new people in camp what is our roll call up to? Like 50 or 60 people? Somebody anybody good with numbers wanna try and get an exact figure.... maybe tribe would be the best way to caculate it.....
Funky Monkey Mech

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps