Entheon Village - Ritual Performers Wanted

Entheon Village - Ritual Performers Wanted

Postby veleda » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:43 am

Hi All;

Entheon Village is going to be organizing a few ritual and music performance themed evenings and is looking for some more ritualists of all varieties that would be interested in doing ritual & performance on the following themes:

1) Gaia & Earth Consciousness
2) Heart Awakening & Psyche Integration
3) Galactic Activation (Cosmic Visioning)

If you're interested.. give me a hollar. :)

We have a 60'ft Ritual & Performance Temple Space, sound system, projectors, and other mystical peeps like you.

Luv
Veleda
veleda

Postby abbiejean » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a space with a soundsystem to facilitate Yoga Nidra meditation practices.

I would like to offer 2-3 of these during the week and would like to do them during the afternoons. I would like to have them listed on the event schedule.

The meditation would take about an hour and would offer much needed rest to fellow burners.

If you would like more information on Yoga Nidra let me know and please let me know if this is something I could utilize your space for.

Thanks!
abbiejean
abbiejean

Yoga Nidra

Postby veleda » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Yoga Nidra sounds great.

I think that would probably be best in our Unity Dome - which is a 32' foot dome dedicated to Unity consciousness.

Would love it if you could introduce yourself on our elist and we can get you hooked in , in terms of scheduling.

http://groups.google.com/group/sacred-spaces/

When are you are thinking you would like to do the workshops and can you write up a short description?
veleda

Postby abbiejean » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:41 am

Hi V,

Thanks for your reply!

I am thinking of offering Nidra on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Possibly Friday too.

Following is a description:
Participants will want to bring a couple pillows and a blanket to pad their neck, sacrum and knees so that an hour of lying down does not become uncomfortable on the body.

Nidra will last about an hour and will be a guided meditation/visualization in which participants are taken through a specific set of relaxation techniques and create an intention (positive affirmation) for themselves. One hour of yoga nidra is equal to 4-6 hours of restful sleep (obviously a rarity at BM!)

Does the dome that you are suggesting have a sound system? I would need to have a mic to speak into and will want to play relaxing music to help temper the myriad of outside sounds that will be occurring.

Thanks so much!
abbie
abbiejean

Ritual Performer Available

Postby Outlaw Dervish » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:46 pm

I have been playing Didjeridu for ~12 years and did a ~ 9 year stint with a devotional sacred chant group in the SF Bay Area... now heading up my own musical project and work as a Sound Healer - will likely be playing in various places on the Playa this year; I would be very interested to offer some Sound Healing / Didjeridu for Mama Gaia and the People.

I am contactable here :

travis@outlawdervish(dot)com

and you can check out various samples of my music here :

www(dot)myspace(dot)com
Travis Wernet, aka "Outlaw Dervish"
Outlaw Dervish

Musick

Postby veleda » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Hey there Outlaw!

I am getting your info to our scheduling goddess. We will contact you off list..loving the idea of having you offer sound healing for the earth mama.
veleda

I would love to play at the Entheon Village.....

Postby spacelotus » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:21 am

Hey Veleda,

I just noticed you post and would love to volunteer my dj services to your camp. I'm old friends with the entheon crew including Matt, Ben, and Liz. If you guys are going to have a system set up it would be an honor to play for you guys. Here is a link to one of my mixes http://www.phamilygathering.com/artists/spacelotus.html.

This is my seventh burn and it would be great to kick it with you guys.

Peace,
Spacelotus
Om Mani padme Hum
spacelotus

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camposanto

Gong Play

Postby tubahurl » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi Veleda,

I'm intrigued by your offer. I perform Taoist meditations here in the East Bay (SF). More specifically I play the crystal gongs. If you haven't ever heard one, you're in for a treat. I would like to offer my services. Let me know if I can help.

Gongzo
tubahurl

Postby swanfist » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:53 am

Hi,
the ALBINO! afrobeat ensemble is available for a performace on thursday and saturday night. Our music is not exactly for mellow rituals but if cosmic awakenings are what you are after then we may be a good fit.
Check out www.albinoband.com
also see links here:

1) can see pics and music clips here
http://www.albinoband.com/

2) link to most recent release "ALBINO!: Live With Karl Denson"
preview tracks here:
http://www.albinoband.com/audio/LiveWithKarlDenson

3) here are some videos of our last show at the great american music hall
in SF.
http://www.youtube.com/AlbinoAfrobeat

feel free to contact me with any questions at
nathan@albinoband.com

best,
nathan
Not all who wander are lost. Not all who stay are so secure.
swanfist

Postby abbiejean » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:53 pm

hi veleda,

just touching in about doing a Yoga Nidra. I am thinking now of doing just one on thursday. i would like to teach yoga as well at another camp one day and don't want to overcommit.......you know how it goes.

anyway as far as scheduling, what would be a good time. i am thinking mid to late afternoon, but don't know what other events are taking place.

do you have an idea of the schedule yet?

thanks!
abbie
abbiejean

Return to 2008 Art & Performance