Irish guy looking for a camp

Irish guy looking for a camp

Postby Corkboy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:02 pm

hi guys im comin to my second burn this year direct from ireland. Love meeting new people and experiencing all the madness. my mates aren't heading up until the wed so I decided to look for some cool people to camp with for the week!! Im not arriving in San Fran untilthe 14th so will try my best to organise as much supplies as is required. more than willing to help out in whatever way, and in care ye don't already no, the irish LOVE to party.
Corkboy

Postby pizzamancer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Hey man. First burn this year for me. Why did you choose to fly into SF? I am flying in from Japan, and trying to figure out the best city to fly into to get me out to the playa.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Reno works very well for most but don't think you can do flights from Japan to Reno.... but a lot of burners also leave out of SF which makes it another good choice... and if you both need a place to camp check out stag camp in the 2008 theme camp thread.... we are an amazing assortment of people who welcome anybody.... This year alone we got people from all over the world.... USA, Canada, Poland, Australia... the list goes on read some of our thread and decide for your selves if ya wanna stay with us... if ya do post on the and thread let us know.... :)
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby brickmaster » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:26 am

Where are you from Corkboy?

I hail from the shithole that is Carrigaline
brickmaster

Postby pizzamancer » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:08 pm

Yep. No flights from Japan to Reno. How long is the drive from SF?
pizzamancer

Postby chiefdanfox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:28 pm

about 8 hrs.
chiefdanfox

Postby pizzamancer » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:55 pm

Moving completely off topic, any recommendations for a city to fly into? So far Seattle, Las Vegas and SF are the front runners.
pizzamancer

Postby Mad Mikey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:38 pm

I'll throw my 2-cents in. I'm from the bay area, but now live in Sac. It might take 8 hours to reach Reno from SF if you are riding a segway. By automobile it should take under 5 hours. Depends on traffic conditions. From overseas your best city to fly into should be SF. Good luck.
Maybe you see the red balloon, but all I see is the coming monsoon.
Mad Mikey

Return to Introduce Yourself!