This is for all threads to goto about www.stopburningman.org

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Wolverine » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:06 pm

Hey Tancorix,

THAT STUFF ROCKS!!!

After a few drops on steak bites... the endorphines kick in ... then the high... it IS DA BOMB

.... I highly recomend not using it without having a beer and some chocolate close at hand,
just in case someone mixes it up the the BBQ sauce....

You should have seen her face! Good thing I was prepared.
Wolverine

Postby blyslv » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:32 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Thing I can't figure out is why you guys quote allanon where he is wrong
or has spelled wrong and you never do that with me. Even when I ask to quote me you never do.

How am I supposed to improve myself? With mayonaise?

Hmmm! :?

If you wanted to be quoted, post something worth quoting.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby blyslv » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:46 pm

So, does anyone have any thoughts on the environmental effects of mayo? I like mayo and encourage its production, however I'm worried that potentially adverse consequences might occur from its improper use or storage.

And I'm sure you're all good people, but I would be worried about the health situation as well.

Please pass the mustard.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Tancorix » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:29 pm

When it comes to mustard, nobody knows more than the people at Poupon U.

http://www.mustardmuseum.com/

They even give out honorary degrees, and check out their pep rally chant!
A college education can be difficult and challenging. Let's face it: getting into one of those big name schools and flunking out is a major bummer. Not a problem at POUPON U. Here's our most popular PEP RALLY CHANT:

Who needs Harvard, who needs Yale?

At POUPON U, you'll never fail!

Stanford, Princeton? Big mistake!

POUPON U's a piece of cake.

That's why you need a POUPON U Diploma
Tancorix

Postby Wolverine » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:43 pm

I think I'll go for my PEEhD.
Wolverine

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:47 am

blyslv wrote:So, does anyone have any thoughts on the environmental effects of mayo? I like mayo and encourage its production, however I'm worried that potentially adverse consequences might occur from its improper use or storage.

And I'm sure you're all good people, but I would be worried about the health situation as well.

Please pass the mustard.

Just remember that mustard is mined. (See "The Queen of Hearts," The More There is of Mine: And Other Head Cutting Moments) Think of the tracks that the 20 Camel teams left in Nevada and California deserts while pulling out the mustard ore, which the BLM let them have at 1870 mineral rights prices. Oh wait it was the 1870s. Still, Mayo is produced from the grazing rights granted by the BLM to extraction industries, in this case the scum from Koi Ponds in Northwestern states, particullary Washington and the panhandle of Idaho. (This is where pre-packaged Potato Salad comes from. It's call "Synergy")
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby rodent » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:43 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Just remember that mustard is mined.

"Quarry, the breakfast cerial. It's better for you, because it's mined"
-SNL Commercial

---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)
rodent

Postby SwitchbladeButterfly » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:17 pm

Since the only way to make mayo more palatable is to make it more aioli-esque, I recommend Trader Joe's flavored mayo (low-fat, but don't hold that against it)... The garlic is good on tons of stuff, and the chili-lime is great for, say, fish tacos... (They also make a plain eggless mayo which isn't bad in small amounts but isn't recommended for, say, potato salad).

As far as hotsauce: Tapatio and "the rooster sauce" (sriracha hot chili sauce & sambal oelek) are the only 2 necessary!
SwitchbladeButterfly

Postby Force » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:35 pm

Do they have a non-flavored mayo?
Force

TJ's mayo

Postby SwitchbladeButterfly » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:33 pm

Force wrote:Do they have a non-flavored mayo?

Yup, but I haven't tried it (except the eggless)...
SwitchbladeButterfly

Very Strange

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:39 pm

I read through many of theses posts and I am concerned. A fair number of people thought I was a sock puppet of Allanon or Sparks or someone. I am deeply offended that someone thought I was a sock puppet of someone with such abysmal typing skills. And I am offended, but not to the same degree that someone would think that I was a sock puppet to some benighted urbanite, yes I know you are, but you could change..

Postby Zephryus » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:16 pm

This is precicely why it has become common wisdom to read up on past threads before jumping into a messageboard. Especially if you're looking to tweak the board members' metaphorical nipples. Live and learn.
Zephryus

Re: Very Strange

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:45 pm

Black Rock Ric wrote:I read through many of theses posts and I am concerned. A fair number of people thought I was a sock puppet of Allanon or Sparks or someone. I am deeply offended that someone thought I was a sock puppet of someone with such abysmal typing skills. And I am offended, but not to the same degree that someone would think that I was a sock puppet to some benighted urbanite, yes I know you are, but you could change..

Hope your not talking about me. I just thought you were a sock puppet not allonon.

In fact I think you would have thought of it as a compliment if you knew who it was i thought your sock was being controled by. :wink:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

d

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:51 am

I thought it was pretty funny that some thought moving the BM to the Reservation was an option. There is a good location, next to the road on Winnemucca lake, but... the paiutes, being good christians, would likely not allow nudity, and if any one thought the BLM law enforcement was a problem.. The Tribal Police would have been a hoot. A good chance to shoot whitey.. Even in my posts offering alternative locations.. The Oakland Freeway interchange.... I didn't suggest the Rez...

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sun May 23, 2004 8:18 pm

Black Rock Ric wrote: but... the paiutes, being good christians, would likely not allow nudity...

Gee they must think of us as savages.

A II Z
Apollonaris Zeus

Bachelor Chow - Mayo riffic

Postby theshaman » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:19 pm

You know, sometimes when I don't have any cash and the cupboards are bare, I mix a little Jack Daniels and garlic into some miracle whip....then you just spoon it onto a hot frying pan and it turns out like some weird fried-egg like monstrosity

but fills the stomach.

good eating
Buddha wasn't a Christian, but Jesus would have made a good Buddhist

Shaman
theshaman

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy