Seeking Playa Girlfriend

Seeking Playa Girlfriend

Postby Savvy Burner » Tue May 27, 2008 10:52 pm

I am looking for a Playa Girlfriend. I thought that this year I would get the search out of the way before I hit the Playa.

If your interested in having a Playa love affair with a Playa savvy guy lets get going. Who knows it could turn out to be the best seven days of our lives.

All applicants welcome, most likely no more than one will be accepted.

Savvy Burner.
Savvy Burner

wow

Postby night4day » Tue May 27, 2008 11:14 pm

I did not know you could get a girlfriend on the playa like this? :shock: I Think it could work for me? let me know if it works. :wink: Could it work for me? :?: I did post for a ride share. What are my chances since I have an rv to ride share with, but this sounds like a better deal. :D a girlfriend? lets hook it up.
dave
DAVE. Burner for life! Looking for cool folks to hang with. Making friends and having a great time together. In Los angeles Or at the Burn.
Drop me a line!
night4day

Postby thirt33n » Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 am

sorry guys,...you keep 'American Dreamin'
the girl is mine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9g7dOGpXdE&feature=related[/youtube]
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby DaddyMassive » Wed May 28, 2008 4:21 am

hahahaha
Best of luck!
DaddyMassive

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed May 28, 2008 6:14 am

In the past I've ended up "with" a girl or two from the old eplaya, but it was through talking about other stuff on eplaya, and meeting in person on the playa rather than posting a "personal ad".
From my "single" days at BM I'll tell you that things like having a mutant vehicle and/or an RV helps a little, mainly if you have A/C and a lot of water for the shower. But it still has to be you that first strikes their fancy, then the fringe benefits just help a bit more. Girls don't care if a creepy guy has an old camper or not!
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Dear Tech Support:

Postby scotto » Wed May 28, 2008 6:16 am

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. No mention of this was included with the product information. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected. I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!
Thanks,
A Troubled User

REPLY: Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men complain about. It is due to a primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is merely a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating systems files cause Girlfriend7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0, so nothing is gained. It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this.

Some have tried Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife2.0 but end up with more problems than in the original system. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under "Warnings-Alimony/Child Support." I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I also suggest that you read the entire section regarding 'General Partnership Faults'! (GPF's.) Your Wife 1.0 does a scan for GPF's during it's monthly program maintenance scan (PMS). You must assume joint responsibility for any faults and problems that occur, regardless of their cause. You will also find that GPF's are cyclical. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. Avoid excessive use of C:\YESDEAR because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Remember, the system will run smoothly as long as you share the blame for all GPFs. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 (which replaces Burn It 1.0), and Do Bills 4.2. You must, however, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 should this happen. WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.
Best of luck,
Tech Support

Dear Tech Support:

This is a common mistake made by people who are not aware of the other alternative packages available. Since they are not advertised widely, very few people realize that they can install PolyPartner 3.0 and get many of the benefits of both Girlfriend 7.0, and Wife 1.0. It should be noted, however that, though PolyPartner 3.0 provides a significant amount of system interoperability it is NOT a "low maintenance" application. There is significant work to making this package work, just as there is if you were to switch from Windows to Linux - a learning curve that requires frequent updates to the manual and constant communication with the various applications.

For example, once you install PolyPartner 3.0, you can still run Girlfriend 7.0, but you will need to perform a setup procedure with PolyPartner 3.0 so that both applications will understand each other, and how they are to inter-operate. Still, once the set up procedure is in place, you can enjoy both systems, either separately or together. To maintain this usage level, frequent tweaking of the inter-operation rule database may be required, but this is possible for the highly motivated. Over time, the typical user will learn the quirks to running these applications and might even want to upgrade to the TRIAD 2.5 level of software that transforms PolyPartner 3.0 and Girlfriend 7.0 into one seamless working unit with tremendous benefits for the user and the system. But, as I said, this option is not commonly known, and in fact, has been actively discouraged by the sellers of the Fundamentalist Society 8.5 software package.

Personally, I think this package is highly overrated. It has so many obscure and unjustified rules for usage; the license agreement seems to have been written by a medieval inquisitor; and the options offered are so limited that I can't imagine anyone being really happy using it. But to each his own... your mileage may vary... caveat emptor... carpe diem... et al disclaimers..

Here's evidence of another stupid tech support person unaware of PolyPartner 3.0...

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a slowdown in the overall performance, particularly in the Flower and Jewelry applications that had operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. In addition, Husband 1.0 un-installed many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, but installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0 and NBA 3.0. And now Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and House Cleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?
Signed,
Desperate

Dear Desperate:

First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. At the command line, try entering C:\ITHOUGHTYOULOVEDME and download Tears 6.2 to install Guilt 3.0. If all works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5. But remember, overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to GrumpySilence 2.5, HappyHour 7.0 or Beer 6.1. Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will create SnoringLoudly.wav files. Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-Law 1.0 or re-install another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have a limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider additional software to improve memory and performance. I personally recommend Hot Food 3.0 and Lingerie 6.9.
Regards,
Tech Support
Burning Man is a Participatory Sport! Lead by Example!
scotto

Camp Name: PolyParadise

Playa Companion at your service

Postby scotto » Wed May 28, 2008 6:18 am

Burning Man is a Participatory Sport! Lead by Example!
scotto

Camp Name: PolyParadise

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed May 28, 2008 9:14 am

Geez, I wish I was savvy.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby gyre » Wed May 28, 2008 10:03 am

"Sometimes even the greatest love can last only one week."
Nicoletta Braschi in Mystery Train

There are at least a few marriages from eplaya.
gyre

Postby AntiM » Wed May 28, 2008 10:18 am

To Troll or Not To Troll?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby KitsuneCaligari » Wed May 28, 2008 11:22 am

I'm more savory than savvy....
KitsuneCaligari

Huh?

Postby cfilson » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

I must be the only one who thinks this is incredibly lame. Apparently you can't afford a prostitute/maid and don't feel like the modicum of effort that is required to chat up some drunken woman at the event. It's the soliciting through an ad that offends me, not hooking up for a week.

Yeah, someone will probably reply with 'well, at least he/she's being honest.' True, but that's an explanation, not an excuse. Interestingly, I've seen a lot of girlfriend wanted ads, but not any boyfriend wanted ads.. I guess not everyone needs a security blanket.

Look, if you're that insecure that you can't make a slutty new friend of your own accord when you get there, maybe you shouldn't go. I thought the point of Burning Man was to jump in headfirst and enjoy the ride?

But if this is your "art" that you are contributing to Burning Man, then by all means, knock yourself out. It's just pretty lame.
C. Filson
finnmoxa1@yahoo.com
Los Angeles, CA
cfilson

Postby Ron » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:49 pm

If a personal add offends you you might want to consider getting out a bit more.

I'm just sayin'.....

;)

Ron
Ron

Postby Badger » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:44 pm

...you might want to consider getting out a bit more

Exactly the advice I'd give to someone coming to a board trying to hookup with a temporary girlfriend.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:46 pm

Dang cowboy whatever happened to free love?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby ragabashpup » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Badger wrote:
...you might want to consider getting out a bit more

Exactly the advice I'd give to someone coming to a board trying to hookup with a temporary girlfriend.

I just have a really hard time understanding how you can know that you want to hook up with a person based on a picutre and an online persona. Personality is a good portion of what it takes for me to find you sexy. People are a lot more daring and open online so what if you meet this person face to face and just go ugh.
ragabashpup

Postby Ron » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Badger wrote:...Exactly the advice I'd give to someone coming to a board trying to hookup with a temporary girlfriend.

Ah, symmetry. It's a beautiful thing. :)

Ron
Ron

Postby gyre » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:43 pm

You guys are just playing at silly buggers.
It doesn't matter how you meet someone.
And to live in SF and make fun of people who use personals? Please.
It's hard to not meet people there.

I could tell you about the time I opened my door to a stranger, who said she met this girl in Austin, who told her to come see me....
Later I get this phone call, "Hi, sweetie! Did you like the redhead I sent you?"

I could...
But I won't.
gyre

Postby Teo del Fuego » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:35 am

is this much different from going to Costco Soulmate Trading?
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby misfit » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:17 am

Costco Soulmate Trading is on playa, i believe he's going for pre-playa, so not to be alone at playa... but post-playa,,, alone again.....
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.
misfit

Camp Name: wish you were here

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Alone Again Or

name that reference and WIN a prize!
Teo del Fuego

Postby EvilDustBooger » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:57 pm

...naturally.

The most hideous thing ever uttered by an O`sullivan.

A disgrace to Irishmen everywhere.

...now gimmee my cookie.
EvilDustBooger

Postby EvilDustBooger » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:54 pm

....or that LOVE thing from the 60`s.

What flavor are those cookies anyway?

...ick!
EvilDustBooger

Postby Teo del Fuego » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:09 pm

EvilDustBooger wrote:....or that LOVE thing from the 60`s.
!

We have a Winner! The band called Love, fronted by the recently deceased Arthur Lee-- the guy who gave Hendrix his "look" and gave him the wah wah pedal as well. America's first inter-racial rock band who lived on Boris Karloff's old estate in Hollywood. Actually their 1967 LP Forever Changes was in the top 50 best rock albums of all time in a 2005 Rolling Stone feature.
Teo del Fuego

Postby Captain Goddammit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:44 pm

Teo del Fuego wrote:is this much different from going to Costco Soulmate Trading?

Not quite, at Costco you have to bring in a "trade", you don't show up stag.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Captain Goddammit

Postby Teo del Fuego » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:21 am

yeah, that was new for 2007 I think. If I had a trade I wouldnt need Costco!
Teo del Fuego

Postby EvilDustBooger » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:54 am

...an ex-wife, girlfriend or your sister would probably be a fair trade.

8)
EvilDustBooger

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:41 am

Teo del Fuego wrote:yeah, that was new for 2007 I think. If I had a trade I wouldnt need Costco!

Nope, that's always been the deal.
Captain Goddammit

Postby TomServo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:36 am

Isnt this what craigslist is for? how sad is this, to post a "I can't find a girlfriend" ad on eplaya?
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby EB » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:01 am

He should at least offer up his best mule in trade. And maybe a few spring hens.

How uncivil.
Irony. You're soaking in it.
EB

Camp Name: Jerk Camp

Next

Return to 2008 Theme Camps