Any Northern California Burners?

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Any Northern California Burners?

Postby Vampira » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:14 pm

Greetings, I was wondering if any one is going from Redding or the surrounding areas. Would Love to get together to brain storm.
Vampira

Postby ygmir » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:25 pm

I'm in Grass Valley.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

I AM

Postby janicels » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:27 am

hi i am in citrus heights it is part of sacramento we have a camp
PERSERVED IN TIME
whooo we are camping with greeters....it will be great
janicels

Postby Bounce530 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:45 am

I'm just outside of Chico, and my g/f lives in Redding.
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Nor Cal!

Postby lonestoner916 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:20 am

I'm from Sacramento, currently living just up the hill in Loomis.
lonestoner916

Postby janicels » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:00 pm

cool not far from me wee need to meet for coffee
janicels

Chico

Postby emilyem246 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:53 pm

HI! I just moved to Chico from Hawaii. I want to find people in this area who wants to adopt me and take me to burning man with them! Of course I will pull my own weight. I just want to meet fun cool people who want to experience this with me. I don't know many people but would LOVE to meet you.
emilyem246

Postby Vampira » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Greetings!

Chico is a great place to move to, always something to do.
Vampira

Postby ygmir » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:18 pm

seems there's quite a few folks from here, Grass Valley, to, Redding.......
Maybe some sort of meeting just to say "Hi".....and put names with faces......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby emilyem246 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:29 pm

I agree!
emilyem246

Postby ygmir » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:39 pm

so,
lets discuss spots and times, and days.......see what works.....?
probably somewhere in the middle?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby emilyem246 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Yes Yes. I am very available. What would work for everyone else? Also I have been doing some research and think I am going to take part in the stag camp. If anyone in this area would like to go up there together let me know!
emilyem246

Postby ygmir » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm really busy for the next week or two, but, in general Sun and Mon are my best days/evenings to get away........some Sat's.....
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Vampira » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Any time for me, just give me a time & place!

:D
Vampira

Grass Valley area burners!

Postby bellamore » Mon May 12, 2008 11:34 pm

My honey and I know at least 20 Burners here in GV. We've been plotting on a gathering for awhile.

How bout a Burner Bicycle Ball? An eat-drink-music gathering to build, weld, decorate, condition, tune-up, and otherwise playa-prep your ride.

Unless Redding wants to host - but we're looking at high 90's soon - so, what's that, 110 in Redding? :)

Ciao,
Bellamore
bellamore

Postby ygmir » Tue May 13, 2008 6:23 am

I'd like to get my bikes ready, good idea, it'd be a nice way to meet up, etc.........seems there are a lot of us in Grass Valley and Nevada City.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby TheFunkHole » Sun May 18, 2008 10:41 pm

We live in Nevada City, and wouldn't mind shaping up our bikes either. Anyone wanna throw out a maybe date?
TheFunkHole

Burner Bicycle Ball

Postby bellamore » Sun May 18, 2008 11:58 pm

I'm thinking June 13th- that would be FRIDAY, the 13th! A burner date fer sure! Also, that's the weekend of the big bike races here in Nevada City, so there would be all that cool bike energy swirling around.

Now...gotta' think about the right place...not too flammable...hmmm...

Ideas?
Bellamore
bellamore

Postby ygmir » Mon May 19, 2008 5:57 am

seems the spot might be somewhat dictated by how many are anticipated?.........maybe a quick check in to see who'd show up?
Then we could discuss spots that would work.
Would we want to think about a public park type setting, campground, or, someones private property?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby mdmf007 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Its a full moon too!
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby bellamore » Mon May 19, 2008 8:24 pm

I haven't put the word out to the actual burners I know; just this virtual group. So, I guess folks on this list could reply... I'll start checking in with the folks I know.

You list people-- hello? heeelllooo...? Burner Bicycle Ball, June 13th, somewhere...?

Location depends on activities. My experience with burner parties is that there are a lot of lights, loud music, and things on fire. In this case, I'm thinking we'll maybe have some welding - for those wild bike designs? - and other bike-related activities. Lights? Maybe. Music? Yes!
We have some Granite Bay burner buddies who'd be into this, too.

So, a campground might be a really good idea. At least until they prohibit burning for the fire season, which could be...Thursday?

More thoughts, anyone?
Bellamore
bellamore

Another Nor Cal Burner

Postby Effie » Wed May 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just relocated from Southern Cal so I am new to Northern Cal and looking to meet other burners in the area. I live on the east side of Lake County (off Hwy 20).

I look forward to meeting you all,
Effie
Effie

welcome wagon

Postby bellamore » Wed May 21, 2008 11:24 pm

Hi Effie,

Congrats on your escape, er, move from SoCal, and welcome up to the lovely North!

Have you been to Nevada City/Grass Valley yet? Wanna' come for a Burner Bicycle Ball on Fri June 13?

Bellamore
bellamore

the ball

Postby janicels » Thu May 22, 2008 8:49 am

hi everyone jan here i think this is great ..will be for the bike ride hubby in in it so will be all alone :( i can bring something to eat...
janicels

Postby bellamore » Mon May 26, 2008 9:50 am

Hi Jan,

Ok, not exactly sure what you said, here, but sounds like you might be available and willing to bring food if we do a burner bike ball! I'm working on figuring out a setting...

Bellamore
(Beth)
bellamore

Postby emilyem246 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:25 am

So where is this Burners Bicycle Ball going to be held?!?! I would love to participate and help out in any way possible. I am located in Chico and would love to meet local Burners before the big event.

Emily
emilyem246

Burner Bicycle Ball

Postby bellamore » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi Emily, and all you NorCal Burners!

Here's the deal: Here in Nevada City/Grass Valley area, I know a bunch of burners in the teaching community. One of our middle schools has this fab state-of-the-art tool truck, loaded with all the gear needed to meet any bike's rehab needs!

We are trying to set up with that teacher to maybe have his bike class sponsor our bike needs by donation, as a fundraiser for them- they build bikes and donate them to Loaves and Fishes and people who need them in Sacto. So, for a few bucks each, they could provide our service and minor parts needs.

Then, we would also have everyone bring crazy-playa decoration stuff, and do that, too. I have a lot of cool stuff, and everyone should bring theirs!

Finally, if possible, we want to have a sympathetic welder there, at low cost, to help make the bike-dreams come true for the adventurous among us! If you Google "crazy bicycles" or similar, you'll end up with some out-of-the-box bike ideas!

So, that's the idea. Now, we just need to get ahold of some local folks to pull this all together! Unless some other community wants to host... :)

More soon!
Bellamore
bellamore

Postby emilyem246 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Greetings,

That sounds amazing! Count me in! Should I just keep checking back here for the official info?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any regional pre-gatherings aside from this of course and if there are any other places I could go to connect with other Northern Cali folk.

Maybe I should take it into my own hands and arrange something?!? Would people be interested?

Lastly I still haven't gotten a ticket and am having a hard time figuring out how to do it online..I have gotten to the info on buying a ticket but can't figure out where to go from there. I think it is time I ask for a little guidance.

Thank you!
Emily
emilyem246

BBB

Postby bellamore » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi Emily,

I am actively making calls and connections to put this together. I hope to have a date/place within the next week. Check back!

Meanwhile, I do strongly encourage you to do something similar in your area! I have enjoyed this process, in discovering just how many burners are in my area-- I had no idea!

Ok- last thing- the best ticket source I know is Craig's list! I have found them there at cost -whatever the rate was at teh time the seller bought them- and sometimes cheaper than cost! Sellers seem very respectful of the notion that is would be very uncool to make profit on BM tix! So, before you spend a bunch, check there. Just be sure to authenticate! Serial numbers, whatever...
Easiest search: Go to Craig's List, go to "for sale", go to "tickets" and run search on "Burning Man". If nothing, just try another city!

Good luck - and more soon on the Bike Ball!
Bellamore
bellamore

Sacramento events perfect for newbies

Postby latke » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey all you good people. I'm a Sacramento Burner (been going since 2002) and wanted to invite you all to two events on Saturday, July 26.

First: CLOTHING EXCHANGE PARTY at 2 pm at my home (2719 P Street in midtown). Bring your old playa duds and/or walk away with some new ones. All are welcome. It's a great way to recycle your clothing, find new fabulous pieces, and talk to other Burners. Perfect for Newbies! Feel free to arrive empty handed.

Second: BOWLING FOR PANCAKES from 4 pm on at Capitol Bowling in West Sacramento (900 West Capitol Ave). Just mention "Pancake Playhouse" when you purchase your game or rent your shoes and 10% of your purchase goes to support our theme camp. We'll be there in Big Lebowski costumes, but come as you are because you are awesome enough.

E-mail me at deliciousbreakfast@gmail.com to RSVP or if you have any questions.

~Kat
latke

Next

Return to Regionals & Events