Virgin from Rough and Ready,CA

Virgin from Rough and Ready,CA

Postby Daddy-O » Tue May 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Hello Everyone,
I would like to introduce myself to my future campmates. For months I have been reading and studying everything I can find about Burning Man. It is hard for me to think of the words that would explain to you how excited I am about attending my first Burning Man festival. I can tell you that it isn’t unheard of for me to wake up several times a night because I have been dreaming about my trip to BRC. Sometimes I wake up with an idea or a thought and I need to hurry and write it down before I forget. Other times I wake up just smiling big knowing what a wonderful experience I am in for on the Playa.

On of my sons attended the festival last year and I was able to live it vicariously through him. He told me that it was a 1000-times better than he ever thought it could ever be. I have heard that attending Burning Man is something that everyone needs to do before they die. Well I’m just fifty so I don’t plan on dieing any time soon however I don’t want this to be my only journey to BRC. I am looking forward to meeting people and making new friends. Hope to see you all and share our thoughts and visions.
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
Daddy-O

Re: Virgin from Rough and Ready,CA

Postby thirt33n » Tue May 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Daddy-O wrote: It is hard for me to think of the words that would explain to you how excited I am about attending my first Burning Man festival.

You don't really have to. We know how you feel. Here it comes Daddy-O!!

Welcome.
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby CLARKcon » Tue May 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Hello Daddy-O! (HaHa) Waking up in the middle of the night thinkin' about the trip? Wait until you get back...there hasn't been a year yet that a few days after getting to the house I'll wake up, totally dark with a street lamp glow coming through and seriously not know if I'm at the house or sleeping in a dome on a couch. So vibrant and confused-I had to rub the floor to see if it was carpet or dust :D I imagine that whatever dreams you've woken too can be replicated there. Have a safe trip out!
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby gyre » Wed May 28, 2008 7:56 am

I remember waking up and trying like crazy to figure what the hell camp I was in.
Total disorientation.
This was at home.
gyre

Postby Barbie » Wed May 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Daddy-O YEa were sooooexcited you decided to join US in our FAIR CITY we all call HOME!!!! Your post gave me goose bumps thinking we will SOOOONNNNN be waking up rolling out of tents seeing those BLACK ROCKS and smiling faces!!!!! WOOOO HHHHOOOOOOOOO See ya ALL in the DUST :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed May 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Rough and Ready isn't too far from me. I'm just outside of Auburn. Been up there with the Clampers on several occasions and trained for the San Francisco Marathon there as well. Good old Nevada County, the most Republican county in California. Who knew Burners were there as well?
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby lonestoner916 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote: Who knew Burners were there as well?

Rough and Ready, I never would have guessed it, but then again I thought I was the only burner in Loomis for a long time!

Welcome Daddy-O!
lonestoner916

Postby Daddy-O » Wed May 28, 2008 9:24 pm

You are all so wonderful. I can't wait to meet you all and play in the dust with you. Thank you for all your kind words. Why in god's name cant the outside world be as together and as wonderfull and as loving as the people of BRC. If it was it would be such a better place to spend time in. Peace
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
Daddy-O

Postby magicmarty » Wed May 28, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey Daddio,

I know exactly how you feel! The guys are right. Wait until you get there and wow, after you get back to the default world. Last year was my first at age 75 and it was truly a peak experience of my life. No doubt it will the same for you. Just remember to leave your inhibitions at home.

I think about getting back on the Playa every day and plan for it all the time. What fun, what irresponsibility, what caring, what creativity!

By the way, I'll probably be camping in Hushville, look me up.
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Postby LeChatNoir » Wed May 28, 2008 10:42 pm

Daddy-O,

You being where you are brings us all back to there as well. Welcome...

And Clarkcon is right... Oh, the places you'll go!!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu May 29, 2008 9:46 am

Daddy-O wrote:Why in god's name cant the outside world be as together and as wonderfull and as loving as the people of BRC.
Most of us behave better when on holiday time, when the pressures of work and city living are moved back a bit.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Newby from Grass Valley

Postby newby » Thu May 29, 2008 1:45 pm

This will be my first burn also. My boyfriend, his brother and girlfriend have been the last 2 years and have shared stories and photos. I get so jealous everytime they talk knowing I've missed out on so much fun. I am so excited. I expect to end up with whiplash trying to see everything. I don't want to miss a thing! :o There are actually quite a few of us in good ol republican Nevada County that attend! Who would have thought......
newby

Return to Introduce Yourself!