Gettin There somehow

Gettin There somehow

Postby dan-bri » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:23 am

Yo my name is Dan and im planning on goin to burning man. (not this year coz of school work) But anyway whats the easiest way to get there if you live in the UK
Iv seen alot of crazy things in my life but you my friend take the biscuit.
dan-bri

Postby brickmaster » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:39 am

Hi Dan,

The easiest way is to join a group of UK or Euro burners and go with them. The trouble isn't getting there, just fly to SF or Reno, its getting all the stuff you need once you land. If you are going as a virgin solo, you will need to be very organised. Bring as much as you can from the UK. You will prob need a car, but a ride share is possible from reno.
It is dangerous to simply arrive, buy all new (and untested) stuff, and head out.
Another option is to arrive a few weeks early to get your shit sorted. Join a camp and help them prepare.
Its quite stressfull but its worth it.
brickmaster

Postby dan-bri » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:52 am

yeah i was considerin stayin at my freinds house before hand to get stuff sorted. Thanks for the help
Iv seen alot of crazy things in my life but you my friend take the biscuit.
dan-bri

Virgin

Postby GIRL. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:20 pm

I Live in Ireland and am planning on going to burning man 2009 I've wanted to go since I was 14 and next yera is finally going to be the yera but planning it may kill me before I get there so any tips for first timers coming in from a foreign country is greatly aprciated
peace :D
Sick of the landscape, dirty eyed dogma
visually surrounded by the ghost of your trauma.
GIRL.

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:55 pm

Use the board's search function to find the International Black Rock City Burner Hostel, it's run by hageymon. He also has a website and you can enlist his help, join his camp and learn a lot. But be good to him. He's a great guy who gives a lot and gets burned now and then. You don't exploit precious resources, so give some back to him.

Also, there's a regionals forum on this board, find Euro threads or start one of your own. But read a few first so you're not starting the 37th thread on one subject. It's so untidy.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Introduce Yourself!