CITY-WIDE TEMPLE JUNK RUN, TAKE ONE: PORTLAND!

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

CITY-WIDE TEMPLE JUNK RUN, TAKE ONE: PORTLAND!

Postby sacred trash » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 pm

hey folks-
looks like the first city-wide gathering of temple materials is upon us, and april's featured metropolis is... portland!

WE (HEART) PORTLAND.

shrine and i will be taking the tasseograph out of town on april 10th (go see it at on-air if you haven't already), and driving it down to the bay area, where it will begin its long summer's journey around the country to various festivals. this will involve a large rental truck, and provides the opportunity for people of all stripes to donate materials to our other project: this year's BM temple, or "basura sagrada". we will be taking the tasseograph down to our workspace in oakland, and there is a massive pile of stuff already gathering.

COME ADD YOUR CRAP TO OUR SACRED PILE!

if you have burnable junk (or some interesting metal and glass) you'd like to see included in the temple, then hit me up with a PM. we would like to have everything delivered down to the on-air warehouse (1300 n. river street, under the fremont bridge on the east side—a.k.a. the place we had DECOM). if you have something completely fabulous and large and unstoppably rad, we can discuss a pick-up — but please don't ask us to pick up your dead mom's doily! we are busy enough already...

here is a current list of items we are looking for, which came from our neat website that you should really check out: www.basurasagrada.org
if you have something not on this list, lemme know about it. i'd hate for you to lug a pile of carpet down to the space just to have me tell you we can't use it. meanwhile, this is the sacred trash we are looking for:

-solid-core doors
-windows (clear or stained glass)
-plywood and quality lumber
-wrought iron fencing or wooden fencing
-industrial cardboard and large cardboard boxes (refrigerator boxes, etc)
-tools (framing guns, drills, hammers, sawzalls, etc.)
-sheet metal
-interesting burnable junk (and lots of it!)
-ornate wooden furniture (dressers, chairs, tables, etc... basically anything that has been run through a lathe)
-brass chandeliers, lamps, sconces, etc.
-driftwood
-tempera paint
-tin can lids
-art supplies

for anybody else not in the portland area: keep your eyes peeled for future junk runs in other cities. we will most likely do an LA run and a santa barbara run, so save your recycling and don't throw the cool shit away!

much love,
-TT
tUkTuK 3.0
boomtown productions
www.basurasagrada.org
sacred trash

Return to Get Involved!