Virgin Burner here-ATTENTION MUSICIANS/MUSIC LOVERS

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Virgin Burner here-ATTENTION MUSICIANS/MUSIC LOVERS

Postby AppleJaxx » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:33 pm

Hey everyone,

So this will be my first Burning Man this year, and I am excited as hell about it! I was thinking about how I can contribute, rather than just be a bystander. I'm not big on building, sculpting or painting, but I am a singer/songwriter, so I had this idea...

I just had this idea earlier today, and I have not thought it out a whole lot, but I just got really excited about it, and I'd love to know what other experienced or newbie Burners think...

For any musician or music lover who is going to Burning Man this year, I was thinking about putting together some kinda rag-tag Burning Man band that only exists and plays on the Playa. If there are any guitarists, bass players, drummers, singers, or whatever else out there who would like to, I was thinking we could come up with a big list of songs we could practice individually on our own and then play when we're all on the playa! The idea isn't to sound polished or anything, it's just another way for us to express ourselves, since it seems to me, that's the whole idea behind BM.

I'm located in Corte Madera, CA (it's like 10 miles north of SF), so if anyone's in the area and would wanna talk in person or just jam, that'd be cool. But, if anyone across the globe is interested, send me an e-mail (applejaxx_316@hotmail.com) or drop me a line on AOL instant messenger (BlackJaxx316), I'm on it all the time.

I don't have any idea of what we'd call ourselves, how many songs we'd learn, or anything, this is just an idea for now, so I'm just putting it out there to see who might be interested.

Oh, and any and all advice about anything BM related is greatly appreciated, since this will be my first time and all. Thanks everyone!

A.J.
AppleJaxx

Postby thirt33n » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:32 am

Hey AJ-
Welcome 'round here.
You will find many opportunities to play.
Bring your instruments and your voice.
Keep your eyes peeled here on eplaya as we get closer to august. there will be posts about stages looking for artists and artists looking for stages.

It's very tough to make solid plans and follow them through out there. Once you arrive there for the firsts time, after you clean your underwear cuz you shit your pants cuz everything was so much more amazing than you pictured it, you still might not remember where and when you're supposed to meet who and why and you also might not want to look at a clock or a watch for 7 days.....

i don't want to say it can't be done,...but just bring your talent and be prepared to lose track of it and find other priorities.

i'll see you on eplaya and maybe on the playa.
I'm bringin' my music too

Crux
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Return to Get Involved!