Newbie myself, planning an extrordinary 2010 bycycle......

Newbie myself, planning an extrordinary 2010 bycycle......

Postby jdisafriend » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:45 am

well well well, you took the time to read it so.. 2010, I will be in Chico California, I am giving myself ample time to prepare for 2010. Call Me crazy but isn't that what a community is all about? In 2.5 years I am going to have a bicycle revolution on the Playa! Join me, as I know you will.. god bless
jdisafriend

Postby BitterDan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:32 pm

Hmm can you elaborate?
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:32 pm

Well, do tell! I'm always into things mechanical and crazy... what do you have in mind?
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

I was wondering what I could do to help

Postby jdisafriend » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:29 pm

I am an artist but I really want to do something to contribute to the city of black rock that would help people in need. And I love bikes, and I'm good at fixing them. Bike Camp is my project. A place where anyone can get their bike fixed, get loaners, store their bike, get it decorated and everything else that a bike needs. And that's just for starters! This has a lot of potential, and from what I've read on forums and stuff it is severely needed.
jdisafriend

Postby BitterDan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Cool, there is another bike fix camp but the more the merrier I say.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:27 pm

You're crazy.

You asked. :)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:35 pm

For 5 years I had a bike repair camp, thet eventually grew to about 100 people. It's very popular but a lot of work. Make sure to register with BM org and you'll get up-front placement and maybe even BM generator power. I used to.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Captain Goddammit

Postby madmatt » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:For 5 years I had a bike repair camp, thet eventually grew to about 100 people. It's very popular but a lot of work. Make sure to register with BM org and you'll get up-front placement and maybe even BM generator power. I used to.

You fixed my ride once. Well, I fixed it with your tools. Thanks!!!!

PS - do you remember it? It was a schwinn beach cruiser completely covered in bright orange fur with black tips. I'm sure it was the only one on the playa that looked like that.
madmatt

Postby Captain Goddammit » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Yeah, the last year (of Johnny & the Playa Cruizers Chassis Lube and Body Shop) we just brought tools and supplies and set up a shop, and let everyone fix their own stuff. That worked great! Most people can fix a bike, they just needed the shop.
Captain Goddammit

Return to Introduce Yourself!