Any single parents want to team up in Kidsville?

Any single parents want to team up in Kidsville?

Postby Clar-i-ty » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:33 pm

So, there's a 50/50 chance that I may be a single mom on the playa again this year. I did it last year, but really felt the absence of a partner, was tired as hell after, and barely got to see anything. So in the event that I would have to do it again this year, I thought I'd test the waters to see if there are other single parent types who might want to camp together. Thoughts?
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby tinkereese13 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Wow. This is great. I am a single mom and have my own camp. Camp Dustification. I have room for about 5 more people so if you would like to camp with us that would be great. Lemme know. I have posted a theme camp on this section of the eplaya. tell me what you think.
"Follow the directions and directly you will be directed into the right direction" - Lewis Carroll Alice in Wonderland
tinkereese13

Re: Any single parents want to team up in Kidsville?

Postby diamondblast » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 am

[quote="Clar-i-ty"]So, there's a 50/50 chance that I may be a single mom on the playa again this year. I did it last year, but really felt the absence of a partner, was tired as hell after, and barely got to see anything. So in the event that I would have to do it again this year, I thought I'd test the waters to see if there are other single parent types who might want to camp together. Thoughts?[/quote]

I think it's a great initiative :) I hope that many single parents will join
it can also be a great chance to meat new people or even to find
a new partner for life!!
Lance
diamondblast

Postby Sail Man » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Clar-i-ty, did you camp in Kidsville in 08? That's where we stayed, being a single parent there wouldn't be an issue. I think it would be easy to hook up with somebody else, whether another single parent, or a group there to camp besides/with. They have a good yahoo group, and also a fledgling web page.

http://blackrockkids.org/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KidsCamp/

Tinkereese also presents a good option it appears. Hmmm, trying to come up with a little competition to Kidsville eh. :wink: Might be a good reason to prepare for a little squirt gun raiding party :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Return to 2008 Theme Camps