Zine/Book/Art Project

Zine/Book/Art Project

Postby BookBurner » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Greetings.

I am interested in putting together a zine/book/art project, to be gifted at the 2008 Burning Man festival. My objective is to create a compendium, documenting the Burning Man experience from multiple perspectives, produced with a DIY mentality. This project would combine poetry, prose, nonfiction and fiction writing, Gonzo journalism, artwork, photography, and anything else that in any way examines Burning Man itself, as well as those who attend Burning Man.

I am looking for writers, artists, journalists, etc. interested in contributing to this project, as well as individuals with book making or magazine production experience to assist with the editing, layout, and production processes. As well, I am interested in finding people interested in acting as Patrons, which will allow for a relatively large press run to be done and then distributed for free (i.e. gifted) at this year’s BM.

I am a young artist from California. An award-winning journalist and published poet, I publish a monthly art and literature journal that has had international contributors and has been receiving critical acclaim. As well, I have just launched a small press and am in the process of developing our first couple book projects. I attended Burning Man for the first time last year and was moved by what I saw and experienced. I would like to be more of a participant this year, and this idea struck me as a great way to give back to the Burning Man community.

Ultimately, this project is meant to be a document of the experience that is Burning Man. I see this is a means for Burners to reflect on the anthropological, philosophical, cultural and artistic implications of this meeting of minds and bodies at Black Rock City once every year.

I look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions. Get in touch at causeandeffectmagazine@yahoo.com. Thanks for reading.
BookBurner

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Is there an URL that has your work on it so people can check it out and see if they are interested?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby BookBurner » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 am

Well, yes, but I kind of tend towards keeping my anonymity intact as much as I can. But, if you note my email address, that might point you in the right direction.

Let me know if you'd like links to my work or references. I'd be happy to provide them.
BookBurner

Postby BookBurner » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm still looking for interested parties to collaborate on a book/zine/art/printed BM compendium (wtf is a BM compendium, you may be asking? I'm not sure myself. It's . . . . to be determined) project, filled with art and words about Burning Man and the American Dream (as it pertains to BM), to be gifted at BM08. Size of pressing, size of book, contents, et cetera TBD.

Specifically I'd like to network with
• writers, poets, journalists (gonzo or non); writers of fiction, haiku, philosophy, epitaphs, monograms or declarations of independence
• artists: graphic/print/painters/photographers/taggers
• anyone with editing and magazine/book production experience
• anyone with runs a small, DIY press (!)
• patrons to fund this not-for-profit adventure in bookmaking and gifting hijinks
Rah, rah, rah.
BookBurner

Return to 2008 Art & Performance