Newbie Alert!

Newbie Alert!

Postby K1tten » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:10 pm

'Ello!

Tis my first year on the playa and I am so excited! My family bought a big old motor home and we're going to have it fixed up in time for the big week.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice:: for example:: When the best time to go out is (when the playa is buzzing the most) and maybe some info on volunteering because I haven't heard too much about it. Cooleo thanks!

I'm so excited!! :D
K1tten

Re: Newbie Alert!

Postby Sensei » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:18 pm

K1tten wrote:'Ello!
Howdy.

K1tten wrote:Tis my first year on the playa and I am so excited! My family bought a big old motor home and we're going to have it fixed up in time for the big week.
So far, so good.

K1tten wrote:I was wondering if anyone had any advice:: for example:: When the best time to go out is (when the playa is buzzing the most)...
Actually, that's pretty much up to the whims of Dr. Megavolt. You're serious? I personally find the playa to be 'buzzing' the most between 3 and 5 in the fuckin' A.M. but your mileage may vary. In fact, I'll go as far as to guarantee it will. Think about it. To each her own.

K1tten wrote:... and maybe some info on volunteering because I haven't heard too much about it. Cooleo thanks!
Check out the black page before you got to the e-playa. Loads of information that you really should read. Read it all, especially the survival guide.

K1tten wrote:I'm so excited!! :D
Atta girl.
Sensei

Postby mdmf007 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Whens the best time to go out???

All the virgins i bring always overdo it during their first day and I tlel them to pace themselves - so remember that. Other then pacing yourself the best time to go out is always!!!.

BM is like night and day - literally night and day. During the day BM looks like a refugee camp, but at night all the lights, sounds and activities are mind blowing. So for me - I enjoy the nights more, and use the day to see whats new and exciting.

have a blast, and see you playaside.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby BitterDan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:49 pm

When the best time to go out is (when the playa is buzzing the most)...

Like the others said, it's always buzzing at BM. Personally, I prefer to go out and about at night once the sun has gone down and I can enjoy myself without being drenched in my own sweat. However, I also enjoy some short daytime jaunts to the bars/arts/shows/etc. To be honest, just go out when you feel like going out and go home when you feel like going home. You can't go wrong doing that.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby Teo del Fuego » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:32 pm

As far as partying, music, dancing, etc. night time is the most happn'n time, but it aint like going to a club where getting there at 11pm is "too early" and things only start really breaking loose at 2am.

There's so many people of every stripe imaginable crammed into BM that it really is alive and full of fun 24 hours a day. Dont miss The Deep End around sunset. It's a huge dance area with full bar(s), dance platforms and arguably THE BEST music. Its just insane, but it is a "day" place. The action at that spot ends sometime after the sun goes down. the view of the mouintains and the sunset are phenomenal. Everything else prety much is kicking in high gear from , say, 7 pm to about 4 am.

Seriously, pacing yourself will be a challenge your first time
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby BitterDan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Best newbie advice ever:
Carry a cup. 8)
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Re: Newbie Alert!

Postby ibdave » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:14 pm

K1tten wrote:'Ello!

Tis my first year on the playa and I am so excited! My family bought a big old motor home and we're going to have it fixed up in time for the big week.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice::
I'm so excited!! :D

Advice from a RVer... TIRES
Some of the biggest issues that pop up on the road out and back is overloading of the rigs. Just because you have tread on the tires, it doesn't mean that they are safe and sound.Most tires on RVs age out before they wear out. Front wheel bearings also...
Also, be ready to pay $$$$ to have your tanks PUMPED out.. No showers inside the rig. The tanks are big enough in the default world, but VERY small on the Playa..

Come join us on the tribe for great info...
http://burningrv.tribe.net/?_click_path ... f98daf4%5D

8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Thanks much!! : )

Postby K1tten » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:45 am

Thanks so much for the advice and ref sites!! Cya on the Playa :D
K1tten

Postby wedeliver » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:07 pm

woof, woof.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Return to Introduce Yourself!