[b]THREE MUSICIANS AT KSVERT ON WEDS NIGHT[/b]

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

[b]THREE MUSICIANS AT KSVERT ON WEDS NIGHT[/b]

Postby funkyboy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:44 pm

:mrgreen: These guys blew my mind -- and gave me faith in origional music -- They were sitting on KSVERT stage making some of baddest music I have heard in a long time -- DID Ksvert record the colaboration? Did anyone else -- IF so how do I get some of that goodness --- Oh yes the video projections and the shadow dancers were amazing as well -- I would love to replay this music under the Great Mushroom tower of Slack

Lata
Dew
"May da Funk be wit you"
funkyboy

wednesday night, three guys on stage

Postby chickenfish » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:48 pm

That was CatFive...I'm glad to hear we moved somebody...check out our site @www.katfive.com It WAS recorded, we have yet to get the recordings from Mike at KSVERT, I think they have a lot of tape to run through, as they were recording all the live sets. We have free mp3's on our site from other live shows, we will post the KSVERT material as soon as it is in our hands.
rock on black rock. :D
chickenfish chickenfish you are not a pelican
chickenfish chickenfish your love is like a flea
chickenfish chickenfish your fins are so delicate
chickenfish chickenfish chicken of the sea
chickenfish

COOL SITE

Postby funkyboy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:47 pm

Love the site -- I went on the hiphop slam site -- to get your album -- do you recommend anything else?

Like ampos -- you can download our "pro-war" song Shock and Awe at
www.davesnothere.biz -- there is a link at the bottom ---

We're gonna be releasing our second album the fall

Lata
Dew
"May da Funk be wit you"
funkyboy

shock and awe

Postby chickenfish » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:21 pm

I dig it got it in my mp3 playlist on my computer now. Funny how the web works like that. still amazes me.Like the costumes as well.Looks like a fun like show. are you involved in the Flipside event? I heard it was cool. :shock:
chickenfish

Flipside 04'

Postby funkyboy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:48 am

Flipside -- is like a little Burning Man ...in the woods -- with cool fresh water creek running thru the land

here are the web sites --- www.burningflipside.com
www.burnaustin.org

We have a totally different design for the man every year which is pretty cool -- but's it's small only around 1200 people -- which makes it different from The Big Burn --

I've been going there for four years now -- and I head up a group called the Kingdom of Slack -- Next year will be our 5th year setting up a theme camp at the event...

We built a 30 foot mushroom tower at Flipside that we brought out and lived under during The Big Burn --

If you and your group want to come down -- I would get on the mailing list cause Flipside sells out pretty quickly -- Word has gotten out on this little party.......

So give me the scoop -- whats else is kicken on the Hip Hop Slam site -- i want to get your CD and another one -- My tastes run pretty far out so....

lata Chicken Fish
Dew
"May da Funk be wit you"
funkyboy

hip-hop-slam

Postby chickenfish » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:31 pm

depends what you're into...most of the stuff they put out is very esoteric turntablist stuff, or wacky historical stuff, like th st. Ides commercials cd. Live human is pretty dope, and Dj Quest as well. Billy Jam, the founder of the label, camped with us this year, it was his first burn and he is hooked. If you're into the sample heavy/hip-hop/breaks kind of stuff you might also check out www.eclecticmethod.net it is a bunch of guys in england who do these video mashups as well as some original material. I played a bunch of their stuff tuesday night on K-Svert, and people were loving it- it is some of my favorite new stuff, and you can download the entire album for free off of their website. I've been thinking of the flipside thing cuz our crew is burnt out on burning man, and nobody in our camp wants to go next year. We did a big theme camp for three years, had our fun, now peeps want to move onto something else. BUt Texas is MUCH farther away than Nevada from Oakland. We were also thinking of the Mutant Fest, which is up in Oregon, and similar thing, out in the woods. I might suggest checking out Gooferman (google them, I'm not sure of they're web address) They are Burners and do a similar live electro-sample hop kind of thing. They have some good free mp3s up on their site as well. We have a single available on hip-hop-slam as well, if you do the turntable thing. As far as cds I'd recomend DJ Quest or Live HUman, and the DJ Dranks malt liquor hits for sheer entertainment value.
peace

Chickonfeesh
chickenfish

A brand new selection

Postby funkyboy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:00 pm

yo , yo -- picked up your new CD and some Live Human --
lookin forward to it -- I've got improv project going Mushroom Tower Audio -- It's bass, drum, guitar, Electronic DJ Turntables -- and multitude of Freestylests from the area -- most notably M.C. Orangataun, M.C C Monsta, Scatterbrain , and The Vanilla Gorilla -- we recorded the last show -- and i'll let you know when it's up

We're making a movie about my other band Daves Not Here -- action/adult comedy. www.superfreaksthemovie.com -- we have a couple clips up on the site

-- some Catfive would go nicely on the soundtrack -- still in production --

lata
Dew
"May da Funk be wit you"
funkyboy

Postby chickenfish » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:24 pm

I love the name " Daves not here" I am a bug Cheech and Chong fan, man those are some funny guys...Always interesting in collaboratin with other folks....
chickenfish

IS CATFIVE COMING TO FLIPSIDE

Postby funkyboy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:00 pm

HEY chicken fish -- Flipside tickets go on sale --- Feb 7th ---
They are $50 each -- After the first 500 sell they will go up --

I'd be happy to pick up a few for you guys the day they go on sale...
if you guys are serious about coming down to Austin....

would need to get reimbursed -- but I could hold them for about a month

Let me know

funkyboypd@hotmail.com
"May da Funk be wit you"
funkyboy

Return to Experiences at Burning Man