Anti M's Home for Wayward Art 2008 edition

Anti M's Home for Wayward Art 2008 edition

Postby AntiM » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:40 pm

Returning for a fourth year! So far I haven't tired of it... have you? Anyway, 2007 was stellar, over 300 adoptions, and that's just ones which ended up with adoption cards. Several big pieces, notably on stretched canvas found new, anonymous homes. Many excellent donations and a lot of enthusiasm.

This year, my "theme" is "Godzilla Enhances All Art" inspired by a "motel art" print I repurposed with Godzilla and a Bat Country bat. Yes, it was adopted, I happened to take a picture of it at home pre-event. The paintbrushes are purely accidental. For 2008 I want to collect classic prints and introduce Godzilla into them. (Yes, I could use unframed prints of classic paintings).

That's my t-shirt, hurrah for inkjet printers and crappy iron-on transfers.

"Get'cher ART on ... Anti M's ... Home for Wayward Art"

from 2007, and 2006:
Yeah, yeah, you know, but oooh, there's so many new folks and I know they don't know ... so here's my project as described down in 2006 art and performances:

This was my project last year and since it is returning I thought I should introduce it yet again for the new folks.

Anti M's Home for Wayward Art is a place for small art, medium art, amateur art, but especially Bad Art, Lost Art, Found Art, Art which Needs a Good Spanking, and of course, Wayward Art. This is not a gallery, it is more like juvenile detention for art, an orphanage, a half-way house for misfit art. All art in the Home is up for adoption, all the prospective new parent needs to do is fill out a small adoption form and clip it to the Home in place of their newfound art darling. Art may also be committed to the Home, just put it securely in place and say good-bye. While the emphasis is on visual art such as paintings, drawings and photos, sculptural art and trinkets found their way into the Home last year and then found new homes.

Why? I love to paint, I love to do miniatures, I love to give things away. Based on the concepts of art and gifting, I came up with the Home. Why Bad Art? While I am quite good at miniatures, I am a beginner painter and not always pleased with my products. I also glean art from thrift stores and friends and family and yard sales.

There's a photo of the Home on my site (see sig line). Yes, it is made of chickenwire and 2x4s.

I just put all the adoption cards from last year into albums, it was great to read over what went where and why, thanks to the eplayans who adopted and contributed! This project was so successful I had to ration out my original art, and I only had a handful of things which did not go to new homes. They're getting makeovers, hehehe.

The biggest difference will be a big ass No Sunday Donations sign. Sadly, folks thought the Home was a great place to dump unwanted costumes and general schtuff. And it will be "closed" at night, I find too many beer bottles and trash otherwise.

And I must say, 2006 saw some superior donations, most notably Hot Jesus, the Santa Massacree, and the stained glass Man, and some excellent woodblocks!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby BitterDan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:09 pm

Woohoo! I'll get started now! :D
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby Sharky » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Great to hear you'll be back again! The Home For Wayward Art rocks! We look for you every year and always have a few pieces to drop off, and inevitably end up leaving with a cherished piece as well :)
We'll get crackin' on this year's Godzilla theme!
Can't wait ...............
"To travel, to experience and learn - that is to live"
Sharky

Postby dancemaker » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 pm

I agree Anti M's rocks! I was camped across the street from you with Fool's Paradise in 2006 and we loved you!
Dancing across the Universe
dancemaker

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:47 pm

I have found some of my donations.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby fivefootmama » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:23 pm

My camp mates and I were always stopping by. The photo of you and Larry that I adopted is sitting on my desk at work. Constant reminder.

The godzilla theme is fantastic! Godzilla definitely makes everything better.
fivefootmama

Postby AntiM » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Keep checking in, there's a blog link at the bottom and I post pics of progress now and again. I started yesterday ... Genius has found some fantastic paintings to be Godzilladated.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby couglite » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Do you take velvet Elvises? Poor guy needs a new home...
couglite

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:38 pm

Didn't Bottacelli do and Elvis v. Godzilla?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:51 am

couglite wrote:Do you take velvet Elvises? Poor guy needs a new home...

I live for velvet Elvii. And velvet Jesusess. I have been promised a velvet Joseph Smith, but he has yet to materialize.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:54 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Didn't Bottacelli do and Elvis v. Godzilla?

Yes, but it was stolen during the war, one of them anyway, and now sits in a vault below some castle or other in a private collection. I expect to see a 60 Minutes on it any year now. It heralds the Apocalypse as surely as a bedazzled portrait of Barry Manilow on a denim jacket.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:46 pm

I love you AntiM.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Mr. Opportunity » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 pm

AntiM wrote:It heralds the Apocalypse as surely as a bedazzled portrait of Barry Manilow on a denim jacket.

Why don't you trade it for sex? That seems to be a popular thing to do at burning man.

But for the full BURN MAN effect you you first have to make sure you make a promise to the artist to take the piece out to the burn and use it as shelter, then promise that you will burn it in a pyre and then when you return home lie to the artist and then never let the artist see the work, and then send him emails and telling him that you have pictures and then tell him you don't and then tell him you do and then shun him.

But before all that you have to get into character and hide that really really selfish side you have.

That works the best if you really want to hurt, Uhhhh I mean, have fun with the artist.
I am going vegan.
You can still eat souls, right?
Those are vegan. I think.
Mr. Opportunity

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:58 pm

Um. AntiM has a good free source of sex.

And we can't promise Botticelli anything. He's dead.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby AntiM » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:30 am

Mr. Opportunity wrote:
AntiM wrote:It heralds the Apocalypse as surely as a bedazzled portrait of Barry Manilow on a denim jacket.

Why don't you trade it for sex? That seems to be a popular thing to do at burning man.

But for the full BURN MAN effect you you first have to make sure you make a promise to the artist to take the piece out to the burn and use it as shelter, then promise that you will burn it in a pyre and then when you return home lie to the artist and then never let the artist see the work, and then send him emails and telling him that you have pictures and then tell him you don't and then tell him you do and then shun him.

But before all that you have to get into character and hide that really really selfish side you have.

That works the best if you really want to hurt, Uhhhh I mean, have fun with the artist.

Um, what does all that got to do with my art project, Erri2000?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby BitterDan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey AntiM,

You'll take any art right? It doesn't have to be themed or BM-related does it? I am working on some Pen & Ink drawings and I figured I'd add them to the Wayward Art collection in 08'. You can see the first one on my flickr page, it's the La Contessa.

http://flickr.com/photos/dwinning/2216928405/

BD
BitterDan

Postby AntiM » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:21 pm

That's marvelous! I'd be honored to see it in the Home. Drawings are best if they're loosely mounted to something stiff, otherwise if it gets windy they tend to slip out of the clips or tear. Just a piece of cardboard or old mat will do fine as a bit of support.

Yes, I take any art except clothing items and costumes. Or food. Or anything I have to frickin' haul home because on Sunday some asshat was too lazy to take their own piece o' shit art project back home. I've had that happen a few times. The helmet made from flour paste, rice crispies and Mentos was fairly awful. And I turned down a froot loops covered gown once. Can we say MOOP Loops?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby BitterDan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Yeah I figured I would pick up some cheap frames at the thrift store. Luckily the bristol i use is a standard size so frames should be cheap.
BitterDan

Postby AntiM » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:11 pm

BUmping for the newbs.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby gyre » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:15 am

Love the shirt.
I want one of those.

I remember the painting.
Hurray for Gojera!
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Postby AntiM » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:44 am

PM a size to me and I'll make one up. I think I have more transfers and I'll pick up a pack of tees next time we're out at the uniform shop. "Sand" is the color of the shirts.

I will make shirts for anyone who asks, but if costs get me, I will have to resort to .... commerce.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby gyre » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:27 am

V cool
gyre

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:04 pm

I want a shirt and I can make a donation to the tee-shirt fund so it's free for more. I also have some art that's very wayward. I'll send it to you.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby AntiM » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:20 pm

PM me your preferred shirt size and a mailing addy; I don't think I have the newest one. Yay! Art!!!!! I'm taking the Home to Dark Skies this year also, I'm going to hit panic mode any day now, E-11 begins 5/30!

That goes for anyone would would like a shirt; I can get a nice three packs for $9~12, military issue. The transfers run a buck each or so. I also can do Bad Maggie shirts, usually on brown.

No one has to pay me for the shirts, but donations for cost are appreciated. As is wayward art!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby accordionMan » Wed May 07, 2008 6:48 pm

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great idea!

GODZILLA. Perfect!

My brain is buzzing.
FREE MONEY to BURN 2013:
http://www.digitalartist.com/art/burningman/money.html
Some accordion at BM: http://current.com/items/89239638/rob_the_accordion_man.htm
accordionMan

Postby AntiM » Wed May 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Are we in trouble? That'd be great!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Godzilla vs. Burning man

Postby Romeo_Freakenstine » Sun May 25, 2008 12:25 pm

I love the idea and each year I work on a few stencils If you like this its yours for the asking. I'll drop by your camp and give you the stencil and a can of black and red latex paint.

Godzilla verses Burning Man.
[img][img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/T-Shirt_tag/BRC08stencels019.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/T-Shirt_tag/BRC08stencels020.jpg[/img][/img]

I'm also working on a two shirt version this is the Godzilla part ;

[img][img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/T-Shirt_tag/BRC08stencels022.jpg[/img][/img]

Romeo
Romeo_Freakenstine

Postby gyre » Sun May 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Those are great!
gyre

Two more

Postby Romeo_Freakenstine » Wed May 28, 2008 6:25 am

Two more
The first one is inspired by a poster I saw.
[img][img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/T-Shirt_tag/BRC08stencels031.jpg[/img][/img]

The finished Godzilla Vs. Burning Man.

[img][img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/T-Shirt_tag/BRC08stencels025.jpg[/img][/img]
Romeo_Freakenstine

Next

Return to 2008 Art & Performance