Commerce - questions, violations, and reporting them

Discuss the policies of ePlaya here.

This was explained to me some time ago

Postby Rage » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:05 am

I'm looking for clarification.

If an event is a fund raiser for a not-for-profit organization and not done for the profit of individuals then it is ok as long as it is clearly listed as such?

Curious minds wanna know!
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray..." - Prince
Rage

Re: This was explained to me some time ago

Postby Toolmaker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:19 pm

Rage wrote:I'm looking for clarification.

If an event is a fund raiser for a not-for-profit organization and not done for the profit of individuals then it is ok as long as it is clearly listed as such?

Curious minds wanna know!

As long as its an actual fundraiser.. if its another way to label a rave than no. We have too much commerce permitted as it is, the last thing we need here is ways to have more. Rather than look at the title or name of your "fundraiser" look at the "spirit" of the event. What the event is FOR is how it will likely be judged. Please let it not be another rave type event masked as a "fundraiser".
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

The spirit of the event

Postby Rage » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:52 pm

The spirit of the event is so very BM in nature that it has even bothered some people...of course they weren't in attendence so they are judging from afar.

We fund the majority of events we do during the year by what comes in from this event.

The first one was pretty much a break even...soooooo...we just gotta work harder, more people, better event.

Burning Beach Ball...renamed to...

Montauk Beach Ball
Rage

Re: The spirit of the event

Postby erri2000 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:35 am

Rage wrote:The spirit of the event is so very BM in nature that it has even bothered some people...of course they weren't in attendance so they are judging from afar.

The first one was pretty much a break even...soooooo...we just gotta work harder, more people, better event.

Hey Rage, I can relate. The problem I had was no one shut down the rumors when I asked, people would say "It is all about drugs and sex, FREAKS FREAKS EVERYWHERE" and no one dispelled the rumors for me, so I believed what I heard. That was very scary. But I did know that my love was there, so I did not have a choice. I would stand strong and let the freaks fly where they did, nothing was going to stop me from find him.

I saw a lot of different people and things all so familiar yet so foreign but comfortable.

Also, do you really believe that more people equals a better event. Really, more people never made my time funner. It was the an appreciation of the things around me that made the event good. Not the people. I was the only one that made the event good or bad. It sucked for me because I did not believe in myself.

Question? What is wrong with break even?
It is alot like sex,
Some people just don't get it

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Part of Shock the Karma Conglomerate
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
erri2000

2 thoughts on that...

Postby Rage » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:32 pm

From the evangelical viewpoint - More people is good because we introduce people to participatory culture.

From the fund raising viewpoint - We need it to grow our organization, the International DJ Guild, and continue to better serve our members and their fans.

We really need to make money that we will use during the year.
Rage

Postby NFG » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Jobs are a really great way to make money. Trust me.
NFG

Yeah...

Postby Rage » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Job, got one of those too...I own a design/web development studio.

Last time I heard, the idea of a corporation (for profit or not-for-profit) was to have it make money not spend the money of the board of directors. Grants are nice, but I don't see being able to file for any soon.

So big party(DJs entertaining and being heard = money (which can be used for other smaller parties = DJs entertaining and being heard = one of the corporate goals (the exposure of our members to larger audiences).

First year: 100 members world-wide and growing. It's not a bad start.

Somehow, it looks like we don't see this year's theme the same. Have you ever owned your own business?
Rage

Previous

Return to Policy Discussion