What would Burnigman have done????????

What would Burnigman have done????????

Postby Sharky@Loulou » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:35 pm

An incredible night watching the total eclipse of the moon with my campmates and suddenly the unexpected, Big flames from the Playa - yeah, the Man was burning! We jumped on our bikes and headed for the Man. I have to say, outside of the safety issues, I was delighted that something unexpected had occured. The event has been feeling a bit predictable.

The next day the crane lifted the chared remains and like an androied new parts were fitted and: on with the show.

I loved the sign at the Death Guild, "We didn't do it!" So many great conspiricy stories in minuits.

What was dissapointing I felt, was the missed opportunity for BRC to come together as a community around our icon. We have gotten soooo big that the community part is sometimes, not forgotten, but deferred to the corporation to frame. How would it have been if instead of the corporation rebuilding the man, a call had gone out to community members to come together and build a "man" together out of all the safe burnable stuff we all have at out camps? Or a dozen men ...? As it was I felt a little like I paid for my ticket and I would get a Burningman on Sat. just like the program promised. Could-a. should-a, would-a's aside lets talk spontanaity & community at BRC. Know doubt we all have thousands of stories of this, it's a big part of why we are at BRC. So I ask the question: What would Burnigman have done???????? ;)

Thoughts?
Sharky@Loulou
Sharky@Loulou

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:47 pm

Burnigman would have changed his name to Burningman, and proceeded to read the various threads taht have been up since august before posting a new one.

At least that's what I think.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby mdmf007 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:53 pm

Fishy knows - shes read them all...
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:01 pm

Actually, I stopped after a while. It got to be too much.

On the other hand, I was a little hard on the op. Sorry, sharky.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

What would Jesus have done????????

Postby spectabillis » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:04 am

An incredible night watching the blood red eclipse of the moon with my campmates and suddenly the unexpected, Big flames from the Playa - yeah, the Man was burning! We jumped on our four horses and headed for the Man. I have to say, outside of the safety issues, I was delighted the second comming had occured. The event has been feeling a bit predictable.

What was dissapointing I felt, was the missed opportunity for the lambs to come together as a cult around our sacred idol. We have gotten soooo big that the cult part is sometimes, not forgotten, but deferred to the false prophets to frame. How would it have been if instead of the false prophets rebuilding the man, a call had gone out to cult members to come together and build a "man" together out of all the safe burnable stuff we all have at out camps? Or a dozen men ...? As it was I felt a little like I paid for my ticket and I would get a sacrifice on Sat. just like the scriptures promised. Could-a. should-a, would-a's aside lets talk ten principals & blind obediance at BRC. No doubt we all have thousands of stories of this, it's a big part of why we are at BRC. So I ask the question: What would Jesus have done????????
spectabillis

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:21 am

I think Jesus would have at least pardoned the temple.
I'm having lunch with him today, I'll ask him then.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby spectabillis » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:34 am

then dont try the fish, but stick with the water.
spectabillis

Postby Teo del Fuego » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:29 am

placing bets Sharky has a bad impression of e-Playa if not Burning Man.

Fishy, what got into you?

SpectaB: that was pretty darn funny!

My response to Sharky is that everything grows and grows until it begins to die. At least BM is still in its ascendency. For that warm fuzzy group feeling, become involved in one of the hundreds of subgroups on the Playa. The subgroup known as DPW was the best bet to get such a huge structure back on its feet by Saturday and they succeeded only with a little luck (green neon) and lots of hard work.

But, please keep posting, yours was an interesting post.
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby blyslv » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:16 pm

Believe it or not, i used to be roommates with that guy on the left.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Hi Guys

Postby Sharky@Loulou » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, I think.

Fishy, ‘thought you were my third grade teacher Mrs. Crabtree there for a minute, he he, but yeah I do tend to jump in belly first and sometimes make a splash in the puddle.

Specta B, thanks for taking the gloss off the subject, wax-on, wax-off as they say, but who’s Jesus?

Teo, thank you, I think you are almost as earnest a fellow as I am sometimes Sure gets’m going though. Was that guy really your roommate?.

Sharky
Sharky@Loulou
Sharky@Loulou

Postby BitterDan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:12 pm

blyslv wrote:Believe it or not, i used to be roommates with that guy on the left.

I don't believe you. :twisted:
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Return to 2007 Theme