Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

There's no place like home.There's no place like home.The...

Postby Last Real Burner » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:33 pm

Canada Eh!... welcome Tealeaf. Image

"The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your pocket. "
intimantly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

thanks

Postby Jenn_BigPuffyYellowCamp » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:25 pm

Jenn, here, full time mtf transsexual, film maker, engineer, society jammer, lol
Big Puffy Yellow Camp
a Burning Man theme camp
www.bigpuffyyellow.com
Jenn_BigPuffyYellowCamp

Postby Chai Guy » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:41 pm

We love you Jenn!
Chai Guy

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:12 pm

Yo Janna/Tealeaf:

Who are you trying to kid, saying something crazy like "...Ottawa is the capital of Canada..." Listen you, I saw the movie "Canadian Bacon" and everyone knows the capital of Canada is Toronto. What do you think we are here in the 48 states, ignorant or something?

The Doc
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby tealeaf » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:38 am

lol, oh no, I would never think that *bats eyelashes innocently*
tealeaf

Re: thanks

Postby Last Real Burner » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:20 pm

Jenn_BigPuffyYellowCamp wrote:Jenn, here, full time mtf transsexual, film maker, engineer, society jammer, lol

What are you wearing, Jenn?

"Bald Camp, it ain't just about heads."
sniffingly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Just a hello

Postby SHARPER » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:32 pm

Ive made quite a few posts on various threads but not yet on this one so I figured I'd stop by and say hello to all! I am a Burning Man newbie, 2004 will be my first burn and NOTHING is going to stop me! I've already sent in my request for the time off at work to make sure no one else tries to take the same week off and screw me out of it! I read everything I can, have volunteered with greeters and lamplighters, am on the subscribe list for JRS and la-burners, and belong to the ocburners group. I've meet about 25 veteran burners and can not say enough good things about all of them. Had the pleasure of meeting Zachary Coffin and some of his engineer cohorts (Temple of Gravity's daddy) Living 10 minutes from where the temple is currently residing has given me a sense of awe! To all of you vets who give such great worldly/other worldly advise - love, hugs and kisses!!!! I will soon be attending an EL wire workshop where I get to play with pretty colors that light up - the road of discovery that leads to burning man is proving to be a series of adventures already! Sorry for ranting - I get a little carried away
Susie
Do not think of me as gone, I am with you still in each new dawn.
SHARPER

Have you seen my sock?...

Postby Last Real Burner » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:11 am

It's not a necessity Sharper, just a place to start for people who are a little shy and it's a great way to get that first post out of the way for the newbies. You're doing fine all by your lonesome.

Any other lurkers out there?Image

"I look inside myself, and all I see is you."
inquirely,
mr smith
Last Real Burner

Howdy!

Postby Jackanapegirl » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:38 am

:D HI!!! I just found out about BM this morning and after researching the site for hours...I have fallen inlove with it and I want to be a part of this sooo bad. My name is Adena and I'm 17. I live in Nashville. I'm always up for a chat so anyone with AIM or YIM that wants to talk feel free to chat with me. I'm so excited to know about this.
"To be free one must give up a little part of one's self."
~ Hedwig (Hedwig and the Angry Inch)
Jackanapegirl

Varoooooooooooooomm.........

Postby Last Real Burner » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:41 am

Jackanapegirl, to late you already are one of us. And the good part is you can never go back to being normal now. Thanks for taking the blue pill. Oh Yeah, hello Jeff, Fritz, and Niki, Image
Now get over there and help pull that rope, you're late. Image

"Funny I didn't notice any change."

you're bestest friend,
mr smith
Last Real Burner

HEllooo....

Postby creevamp13 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:03 pm

Hello! My name is Cyndi, my friends call me Cyn. I was thrilled to see there are other widespread fans across the globe that also were going to the burn. My brother has been in NV for 8 years and has finally gotten me to come out to BM. So I will see you all at the summers final end. I am very excited, nervous, and down right happy about it. Oh yeah....I am NOT bringing my husband and 3 kids!!! (yet!)
Last edited by creevamp13 on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
creevamp13

Ground Control to Major Tom...

Postby Last Real Burner » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:43 am

Hi Cyn,
Way to go, take your life in you're own hands and live it. I'm pretty sure you get some strange looks from family and friends when you tell them your #1 going to burning Man, and even stranger looks when you tell them you're not taking the family. Have you decided who you will camp with?

"Our greatest fear is fear of self."

most likely,
mr smith
Last Real Burner

Postby creevamp13 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:52 pm

LRB,
Thanks for the inspiration... I am really thrilled to be going. Your right though main stream does not share my enthusiasm. A few co- workers looked it up online after I announced I was going, and well they are shocked that I am doing it. I plan to camp with my brother, his girl and my sister....I believe 2 years ago they were the "Reno Barbarians"? but don't quote me. I will be with loved ones, which makes it all the better....but I cant wait to meet new friends.

Cyn-
creevamp13

strange looks from co-workers

Postby SHARPER » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:07 pm

I know the feeling! My BOSS actually checked out the BM web site after I put in my request for my vacation for 2004 (oh yeah - already claimed the dates-they're MINE I tell you!)
So, she thougt I was nuts and then on a dress down Friday I finally wore a dress that did not cover the tats on my calves - that went over really well too!

Do not think of me as gone, I am with you still in each new dawn.
SHARPER

RE: strange looks...

Postby creevamp13 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:00 pm

Sharper,
Isnt it amazing how they think they know who and what we are?? It was the best shock when I actually applied for my motorcycle license, not only did my company get a huge shock...but my husband is still not sure what the hell is going on!!! BTW...I put my vaca time in yesterday, and wow that felt great!!
C-
creevamp13

Get this!

Postby enthropic » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:25 pm

Yo! My good friend said he couldn't join me because he's a Christian.
Now what sence does this make?
Knothing is seperate. Everything is One.
Illusion blinds us. Understanding is enlightenment.
James
enthropic

.........Amen, Now Kill anyone that's not a Christian...

Postby Last Real Burner » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:26 am

Yeah, most religions usually get in the way of true religious experiences. Image

The burning bush, you say,

religiously,
mr smith
Last Real Burner

Postby Release Me » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:52 am

Hello All, My name is Aaron from Reno. '04 will be my fourth Burn and plan hit this year with a bang. I'm a financial advisor that longs to break the confines of my office. I enjoy lurking around the playa, and feel that I already know many of you, it's now time to get to know me.

Every year I bring new people to the Playa, and feel chained to thier inexpereince and insecurities. In '03 I brought my girlfriend to her first burn and completly focused on her experence. It, of course, was a success and she had the time of her life. This year we're going again and I'd like her to be a little more emotionally self-sufficient...I want to wonder and absorb and be subjected it's crushing magnitude. Anyway, if anyone has any tips or strategies to offer please let me know.

I'm 29 years old, and usually have my birthday on the playa, Aug. 31st. Not sure if I'll be out there this year though for my B'day. I'll be out there for at least a week this year and have been and always live to offer help to out of towners trying to make the journey. If there's anyone out there that needs a hand let me know.

~Aaron
Release Me

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:37 pm

Hello all, from central Kentucky... land of Bluegrass Music and bourbon. Two fine things in my opinion. Been interested in Burningman since reading about it in National Geographic some years back. Lurked the site on and off since then and have planned for years to go. Working for myself, though, I’ve found that one often has the time or the money, but rarely both. So it goes... ‘04 will be my third attempt and I’ve heard that’s the one that’s charmed... we’ll see.

Hmmm.. tell you about me. My name is Matt. I am a self-employed, self-sufficient Artist/Blacksmith/Metal-Wood-(insert material of client’s choice) workin’ kinda’ guy (Jeez... that might not be a good thing to say in this forum, huh? Scratch that I am totally inept and can’t even drive a nail. Welding equipment???...no, why do you ask?). Although on second thought, industrious people DO generally make friends fairly easily.

I (and some cats) live pretty much isolated, and, best as I can tell, I’m somewhat of a local oddity. I like to think that I keep my neighbors mystified anyway. Always working on something interesting in the shop. The didjeridoo in the evenings probably helps too. Seems like “burners” are my kind of people. Just few and far between ’round here. Spent many years living in Asheville, NC and miss that mentality. If you’ve ever been, you know what I’m saying. If not, I suspect any burner would find it much to their liking. Um... what else to help you know me... oh yeah, support Michael Franti and Spearhead. This should give you a pretty good idea of what I yam.

M
LeChatNoir

Just so you know....

Postby Last Real Burner » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:38 am

Hello Release Me and LAChat Noir Image

"Now we'll see who's in charge!"

completely,
mr smith
Last Real Burner

Postby Licentious Queen » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:56 pm

hiya!

I'm Lauren and I'm hoping that '04 will be my first burn. I live in New Hampshire and Nevada is a bit of a trek for me to say the least. My sister and cousin will come with me if I go.

I have a question though...

seeing as I am under 18, I know that I need someone to go with me that is 21 or over...but do they have to be a parent or guardian?

thanks!
What the fuck ails you?
Licentious Queen

I don't need no stinkin' subject

Postby McBidgeyFuggalo » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:31 pm

Hola all burners, it is my pleasure to finally be a part of this wonderful community (after watching my friend post since last bm). I finally was able to attend my first burn '03, after being stuck here in CO for MANY years, hell, it was the first time out of state in five years thanx to the local authorities. Anyway, I am glad to finally have this experience and cannot wait until aug. again. As far as hobbies go, I like to do animation, 2d, 3d, and abstract, and I write breakbeats. BURN THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

-=-=-=-==<Lobo King of the Wolves>==-=-=-=-
-=-=-==<L©ß© King ©ƒ th£ \/\/©l\/£§>==-=-=-
McBidgeyFuggalo

Postby Licentious Queen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:14 pm

Hey Lobo!

Since no one said hi to me on this thread when I joined...I will say hi to you.

So how was '03? I'm jealous (as I warning, I tend to be a very jealous person, much to my dismay). I want to go this summer but it is starting to look like I will being going to '05 as my first burn. i might try some smaller more local burns first. Plus, I have NO money and BM is expensive. Plus driving from New Hampshire adds to the money I will have to spend...so. POO

Heh!
What the fuck ails you?
Licentious Queen

La la la La La la la, la la la la la la la Laaa.....

Postby Last Real Burner » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:46 am

Hello and smooches you burning nurfs.... A special Hiya to the ever luscious Licentious Queen and the soon to be unstuck McBidgeyFuggalo Image

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."

seriously,
mr smith
Last Real Burner

Postby photobum » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:35 am

:P

Hi. A real good friend of mine has had such postive experiences with Burning Man and the community that I am considering going either this year or next.

I live out in West Texas and work as a photographer. Not much else to say other than I like to meet new people and have new experiences.
photobum

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:12 am

Zoinks!!!

Licentious Queen, you are absolutely correct. I offer my apologies and a great big “HELLLLLOOOOOO” to you. Really am sorry about that oversight. In fact, I think the first thing I did was (good heartedly of course) dig at you a little. How thoughtless of me... :oops:

And Hola McBidgey and photobum.

What the fuck ails you?

I’ve come to call it “Cat Brain Syndrome: Easily distracted by shiny objects/ Short train of thought or thoughtlessness”. Strikes me from time to time.
LeChatNoir

Postby Licentious Queen » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:21 am

LaChatNoir wrote:Zoinks!!!

Licentious Queen, you are absolutely correct. I offer my apologies and a great big “HELLLLLOOOOOO” to you. Really am sorry about that oversight. In fact, I think the first thing I did was (good heartedly of course) dig at you a little. How thoughtless of me... :oops:

And Hola McBidgey and photobum.

What the fuck ails you?

I’ve come to call it “Cat Brain Syndrome: Easily distracted by shiny objects/ Short train of thought or thoughtlessness”. Strikes me from time to time.

That's all right! I wasn't too worried about it. and HELLLOOO to you too!

Hmmm, I think I've heard of that syndrome before. Quite fatal! :lol:
What the fuck ails you?
Licentious Queen

Re: La la la La La la la, la la la la la la la Laaa.....

Postby Licentious Queen » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:23 am

Last Real Burner wrote:Hello and smooches you burning nurfs.... A special Hiya to the ever luscious Licentious Queen

Wow, I feel uber special! Ever luscious? Wow, you people are nice!
What the fuck ails you?
Licentious Queen

A special one !

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:37 pm

Just letting everyone know, Licentious Queen is quite special.

smart and funny as you may already see.

everyone is special in BM and with that ......Hi everyone and welcome.

(not that you need me to say anything at all.)

:twisted:
DE FACTO

Re: A special one !

Postby Licentious Queen » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:47 pm

DE FACTO wrote:Just letting everyone know, Licentious Queen is quite special.

smart and funny as you may already see.

Wow! Uber-cool, my friend! You too :lol: I feel so bloody special. 8) LOOK AT ME! I'M A BLOODY SPECIAL! Would you like that raw, or medium-well? :wink:
What the fuck ails you?
Licentious Queen

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!