Root Society vs. Opulent Temple

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:34 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:next year....angst dome.....come in, sit on hard institutional furniture, and worry about all the e-mail you're not answering, and whether or not you left the coffee maker on, and did you remember to feed grandma?

camp weltschmerz.

I'm only understanding about one word in three in some of these posts. but this is funny. If the economy tanks between now and august we can worry aboout hyper inflation too.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

moop map fodder

Postby jefr » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:46 pm

took 92 bags of trash off the playa thanks to all our burner friends who left us holding the ass end of the gift economy...part of the job. we did 6 man sweeps and fanned the playa for the hidden layer. we photographed our site on exit. curious....
if it's worth doing<^> it's worth overdoing
jefr

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:30 pm

like i said, i blame the hippies....
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby blyslv » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:06 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:hell, HELP US make things better, we could always use it...

Based on your earlier posts may I suggest industrial sized rolls of latex and a way to cut them up? That way when people want to pump the spooge, it will have a place to land on. and since it's a Leave No Trace Event (did you hear that trill of angels?) once people were done with the nasty they would pick up their spent latex, neatly fold it into their backpacks and have a pretty nifty souvenir of their love on the playa.

I'd pitch in!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:50 am

YES!, i really like that....how about collecting all of the spooge sheets and connecting them somehow into a giant playa canvas of "luv"

then cover the dome with it...

i am having a flashback to The TOM JONES PANTY CAMP, you could smell that sucker downwind...
Simon of the Playa

Re: Root Society vs. Opulent Temple

Postby lonestoner916 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:07 am

alt12 wrote:Is it too soon to compare? Which was your favorite? I have to say my vote is for Root Society and thats coming from an S.F. local. Baddest sound system, great space, and kickass breakbeats and jungle DJs...Was there every night...sunrise on burn night was epic...
alex
[/url]

Root Society will always hold a special place in my cold, black heart! :twisted:
lonestoner916

Postby Fofer » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:59 pm

FairyRebel wrote:Going-off domes are a myth!

Ashram Galactica was the only place that honestly made me get up and dance, they had something special going on. I think my favorite mix was Wednesday or Thursday night, I wish I knew who the DJ was.

Why thank you, that's kind of you to share, and wonderful to hear. I'm one of the Elders at Ashram Galactica, we had (yet another) blast serving the fine citizens of Black Rock City this year...

Very, very glad you enjoyed. 8)
Fofer

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:09 pm

i had a dream the other night....

it was all the sound camps on 10:00 simultaneously via radio signal, pumping out somewhere over a million watts into the open playa from all of the venues.

the dj's were spinning at 22 minutes intervals, switching from camp to camp, seamlessly, and for just one night until sunrise, the normal exquisite cacaphony that is the constant, shifting soundtrack to your own personal burning man movie, evolved into a unified, yet distinctly unique force unto it's own

a wall of sound, from a wall of sound camps, working together to put out truly, "massive" beats.

might even set off a goddamn earthquake if you get the frequency JUST right....

ach, it was just a dream....
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Previous

Return to 2007 Art & Performance