Creating the 'merican Dream for '08...

Creating the 'merican Dream for '08...

Postby sattelite5812 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:06 pm

...besides the Other dream, of having a decent candidate to vote for... although maybe that one too, depending on how successful this idea turns out...

After trying to get to the Burn for years, I finally made it this year, and was instantly as hooked as I'd known I would be. I'm already planning a theme camp for next year, but have little more than an idea involving video games, strippers, and maybe a mock "election."

If there are any theme camp veterans willing to share ideas on planning, fund raising, transport & placement, and how to keep the dust (at least mostly) out of electronic equipment, I would be happy to hear it.

And if anyone has any other advice on things I might be overlooking, I would be happy to hear that as well
sattelite5812

Postby BAS » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:31 pm

Try the Q&A, Tips and Tricks section. The topic of keeping dust out of electronics comes up there fairly regularly (look through the thread titles for a start, then ask if you still have questions). That might be a good place to start for the other topics, too. (Although the Share Resources section might be good for Camp Funding and stuff like that-- I might need to look into that, too. [Just got another rejection letter on my job hunting campaign. :( ])

Good luck!

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

One way to keep Dust and water out of your camera

Postby rhodope » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:26 pm

Go to Amazon.com and do a search for "nereus". I used one of these in a fine sandy environment and it worked well for a 25$ camera cover.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/10 ... us&x=0&y=0

-Rhodope
rhodope

Return to 2008 Theme Camps