Does anyone know the name of...?

Does anyone know the name of...?

Postby bigbluedoggy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:02 pm

During the Thursday dust storm, I barely made it to the shelter of an art installation out near the trash fence and 12:00(?) Not exactly sure where it was on the clock. This installation was a circular pavilion made of bamboo posts and lots of cables stringing them together for support. It was draped in several overlapping layers of green spandex. The interior was carpeted and covered with hundreds of small interlocking building toys of a type I had never seen before... very organic. After 90 minutes or so of being hunkered down against the wind, I and another guy I met out there (Tumbleweed he called himself) started to make our way back to the Esplanade. We had walked a little way and saw thru the dust the fatally wounded structure of Innermind, the large inflatable "Hershey Kiss" that was torn apart by the wind and subsequently lost, so I know this pavilion was near there. I have read all of the descriptions of the art pieces and the nearest thing I can find to describing this piece is a thing called Central Park by Mandy Farnsworth. It's similar to the description but not quite it. Anyone know what this installation was called? I have not seen any photos of it.
If everyone is special... no one is.

I do believe I will go to Burning Man...
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby barnz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:39 pm

don't know the name of it, but here are a couple of pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/in4ik/1335205915/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbk_sf/1325758085/
~~~~~~~~
known on the Playa (especially Ranger Radios) as HOOPY FROOD.

"A towel … is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have." – Douglas Adams
barnz

Postby bigbluedoggy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:37 pm

Yup, that's the place, although the last time I saw it, the carpeting was under a good inch of sand as were most of the toys. Anyone know what this space was called?? Thanks, barnz!
If everyone is special... no one is.

I do believe I will go to Burning Man...
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Return to 2007 Art & Performance