What was your favorite Mutant Vehicle this year

Postby Toolmaker » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:29 am

Kinetic V wrote:The Victorian style house on wheels, whatever the name of it. Simply the best art vehicle I've seen in 6 years on the playa, period.

Neverwas Haul

I believe its part of Kinetic Steam Works.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby johndonkey » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:50 pm

fierysage wrote:i LOVED the dead cow! it was original, quirky and freakin' hilarious!
had taken a picture, but the dust storm showed up next and got to my film camera...

anyone have a pic of the dead cow art car?

The uCow, or Bloody Cow 2, was us - not bad given we started it less then 2 weeks beforehand huh? Here's a decent daytime pic, unfortunately we only have a few shots of it, and none of them lit up at night, if you find any others please send them my way.

BTW, it's sitting on the side of the road outside my house here in tahoe, LOL. The neighbors either love it, or hate it, but I don't think they can force me to move it until it starts to snow ;)
johndonkey

Postby mdenzler » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:33 pm

Ahhhh Kamila...she was wonderful while she lasted. Was very sad to not be able to cruise around Saturday night, but not for lack of trying. Thanks to all the camps that let us rummage through their collections of random nuts and bolts. In the end, she just wouldn't hold and had to limp off the playa :(

Going crazy trying to find a good night time photo of her...if anyone has/comes across a good one please let me know!

Also have to hand it to our campmate's Bret and Lily on their Morroccan Roll Giraffe Trike. Anyone who had the pleasure of being towed around the playa by Bret's pedal power like royalty knows what I mean.

As a virgin, I was completely blown away by the creativity and imagination that went into ALL of the art and vehicles there - simply amazing.
mdenzler

Postby Rat Bastard » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:08 am

The Cumm Back Inn. Yes, I'm biased, I built it. Driving it around picking up passengers was a blast. I let the people that helped build it get time behind the wheel. Apparently I "made their burn" along with many others that haven't seen BRC from up high in the air. It was fun to talk shop with some of the other MV creators. Yet there was always the stuck up ones that didn't want to talk to anyone but their own little cliche of groupies. I'm glad I took on the crazy project and succeeded in dragging it from Chicago for all you hippies to play on. It even made it back in one piece. I'll be bringing it to the Chicago Decompression. So for those that didn't get a chance to use the upstairs bedroom...

Here she is...

Notice my GREEN emisions coming from the tail pipe. Go Green Man!

And from the top, I was able to snap this picture on burn night...

I think this was the best MV cause I've heard more people say that being on it made their burn the best ever. Then again, I wasn't on other MVs to hear otherwise!

Cheers
Read my posts with a grain of salt.
Rat Bastard

Postby trypical » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:40 am

I was kiddnapped by a magic carpet.

BEST. EXPIRENCE. EVER.
trypical

Postby FairyRebel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:56 am

Garagemahal had a great car, awesome people, and fantastic music. I spent more than one night hanging out with them on their car, and will definitely be looking for them next year.
FairyRebel

Postby johndonkey » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:03 pm

Here's another pic off flickr, still looking for a shot of it lit up at night.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/girardin/1 ... 28136@N22/
johndonkey

Postby trilobyte » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:59 pm

The giant dragon was called Draka, with copper metallic spandex for the hull, out from Oregon.

I loved the uCow, what a great car!

So was Ecsta-Sea, an aquatic themed ship made from recycled components, the camp's gear from their last several burns! They came from Washington state, and really had a fantastic ride. Wish I'd gotten a chance to spend more time on the ship, or explore all the decks and spaces.

I'm biased for my own vehicle, a mobile chill space called The Great Abyss. We only got out for a few nights, it took us longer than expected to clear the DMV and then to overcome some damage from weather and assorted jackasses (who bent part of the conduit frame while fucking around... thanks).

All said and done, though, we really enjoyed the experience and I loved creating the space and sharing it (along with rides) with people around the city. A lot of people were surprised to see we were accepting passengers on Saturday and Sunday nights.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Orchid » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:34 am

I loved the giant ant, the sandcrawler, and the pig. One of my favorite moments was Sunday night, hanging out on the tailgate of my truck getting ready for the Temple Burn, and it was about as quiet as it possibly can be in BRC. The pig drove up 4:30, heading for the open playa, and someone inside on a megaphone announced "The Piggy loves you! *snortsnortsnort*"

Don't know why, but that totally made my night. Thank you piggy car!
Orchid

Postby Craz-C » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:34 pm

My Fave was the metal deep sea Angler fish. It had a couple of flames shooting out its back. The mouth also expanded out away from the mobile. I believe it was powered by two pairs of legs.

Does anyone have any pic's of this MV? When I saw it my camera decided to run out of batteries.
;)
Craz-C

Postby FairyRebel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 am

It's not a very good picture, but this is the metal angler fish:

FairyRebel

Postby scootert » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:54 am

Someone sent me a link to these great BM pictures, including a couple of good ones of the metal angler car. Great car!

http://www.nephology.org/gallery/list.p ... ic&lang=en
g
scootert

Postby The Hosh » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:38 pm

I loved this little mutant. Anyone know who it belonged to?

The Hosh

Postby Orchid » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:02 pm

Orchid

Postby Lassen Forge » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:30 am

This has got to be one of my favorite pieces of mobile art on the playa. Brings a whole older new era to the level of awesomeness and detail, and... um... what can I say. It put a smile on my face whenever I saw it.

One of those "wish I knew someone involved in it so I could be, too..."

bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Tiahaar » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:09 am

well here's me and mine out in deep playa by the chimes, at night it had a flame on the front and often a passenger or two on the back. Thanks everyone! Anybody have a Sat. man-burn night photo of the dragtrike by chance?
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Das Bus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:49 am

The freakin' Tilt-A-Whirl!!! It came driving past us on Coral Reef, and then, blam!, The fucker started spinning around! That was way cool! (Especially since that was always my mother's favorite carnival ride).

Way to go to whoever brought that out!
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

can anyone identify this mutant vehicle?

Postby nigeltufnel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:44 am

my favorite psytrance of the weekend came from this japanese-teahouse-lookin audio art car at 4:30 am the morning after the burn. it had a lot of cds strung up in mesh on the outside of it. my crew were biking just 8 o'clock side of the (smoldering) man when we stumbled onto it. we ended up parking and boogying there till well after sunise cuz of how sick the tracks were.

the first dj (my favorite) came over and introduced himself as "fumi" or "tumi" or something similar. he didn't speak much english. i've found "satoshi fumi" listed online, but the stuff is ambient and i don't think it's the right guy. we asked the next dj what the name of the mutant vehicle or their camp was, but didn't get any clear answer - these guys really weren't understanding much of the english. but they knew how to shred with the psytrance.

look familiar? btw the japanese art car mentioned earlier in this thread sounds smaller, and was described as "not a dancing/party car" - don't think it's the same one.

help me track down my choice new beats!
nigeltufnel

Anyone have pics or video of the Velo Disco?

Postby jburn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:37 pm

Looking for pics/video of the Velo Disco - bicycle powered art car - 5 bicycles attached to a boat trailer, with an upper deck. We have pictures of us on it - but none from farther away. Here are a couple I just found. Thanks!

jburn

Postby scootert » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:02 pm

Yeah, the Japanese party car rocked! We stopped by and partied with them for a while late one night but didn't really meet anyone. Just rocked out. Great music, and we liked parking Kamila next to one of her kindred spirits - an Asian-themed mutant vehicle.

The Velo Disco is great! Didn't see it, but I love it that it is a pedal powered party car.
scootert

Postby charliechalk » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:52 pm

Interesting to hear about how Velo Disco doing the art car thing in a green way... Really good to hear in fact as I was going slowly mad with the constant smell of petrol fumes and the smell of things burning... :(
"Fighting for peace is liking f*cking for virginity."
charliechalk

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Also loved The Dogfish Bar-Car. Just what I needed the Sunday before the Burn. Got things rocking off to a great time
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby Fixxxator » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:20 am

Velo Disco, you guys rocked! The most innovative and eco-friendly car I had the pleasure of helping to propel, nice work. The Ecest-Sea was a great MV because those folks also slept in it (I think). Personally I'm biased towards the dragonfly with the giant green wings because I helped build it, but the thing really was beautiful, a beacon for wayward campers every night. I also really liked the magic slipper since it was well built and seemed to appear for a ride at just the right times. I could go on, bit I shouldn't. Oh yeah, the elephant threw 2 of the most rockin parties of the week. (late night tues and at the man sat)
Fixxxator

Previous

Return to 2007 Art & Performance