New Years Celebration...

All things outside of Burning Man.

New Years Celebration...

Postby Last Real Burner » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:31 am

O.k. Where are you going to celebrate your New Years. Where do you hope to be when the clock strikes 12:00?

"Things are more like they are now, than they have ever been." President Gerald Ford.

inquiringly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Postby Keltoi » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:49 am

:?: I would love to celebrate the New Year in a different way besides doing the same thing every year, being at home in bed a sleep at 12am.

This year I hope to be out in the streets celebrating the coming of the New Year with the person I love most in this world. I am also going to celebrate the New Year with the begining of a new life which includes being happier and more active than I have ever been before and exploring and doing things that I have always dreamed of doing but have not done. If at all possible by mid summer I plan to be back in the British Isles.
HAPPY EVER AFTER FINALLY CAME MY WAY!
DREAMS DO COME TRUE AND HAPPINESS
CAN BE FOUND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT.
Keltoi

Postby BlueBirdPoof » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:04 pm

Keltoi wrote::?: I would love to celebrate the New Year in a different way besides doing the same thing every year, being at home in bed a sleep at 12am.

Actually, that's just about my favorite thing. I just love getting up early on Jan 1 and seeing no traffic. It's just so surreal. Thanksgiving and Christmas are good for that too. And then there's Super Bowl Sunday. Everyone who's not watching the game is just in a great mood, out and about like it's a holiday. Very stealth and secret. Gives me a goofy grin. (Also, it's the day of the local newt walk.)
BlueBirdPoof

Postby Keltoi » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:22 pm

BlueBirdPoof wrote:
Keltoi wrote::?: I would love to celebrate the New Year in a different way besides doing the same thing every year, being at home in bed a sleep at 12am.

Actually, that's just about my favorite thing. I just love getting up early on Jan 1 and seeing no traffic. It's just so surreal.

Bluebird, that is true, going out and having it quiet and it is almost like the world is standing still and everything is allright in the world for that moment, you cannot beat that feeling, besides being in love.
Keltoi

Postby Keltoi » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:05 pm

Happy New Year, it is now the year 2004. good night
Keltoi

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:59 am

I went to a blues bash and all you can eat party with my kids. It's the first time to dance in a few years. My daughter and I danced from the time she was little.(shes now 40) Last nite I took a chair out to the dance floor to hang onto. Still have some of the moves but they are fading. I remebered the band from 1982. Back in there stoner age. They made some damn fine tumes last night. It's a Happy New Year
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.
unjonharley

!

Postby NaughtySnowAngel » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:53 am

I was at home, in bed, sick with the flu. No New Years Kiss for me....my husband was at a party, and since it I am so sick, no kissy face!

In all honesty some of my happiest and most enjoyable New Years have been spent at home with a few close loved ones.
NaughtySnowAngel

Re: !

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:34 pm

NaughtySnowAngel wrote:I was at home, in bed, sick with the flu. No New Years Kiss for me....my husband was at a party, and since it I am so sick, no kissy face!

In all honesty some of my happiest and most enjoyable New Years have been spent at home with a few close loved ones.

//
When your feeling better you can make Naughty Snow Angels in my yard. There is 6-7 inchs new from 8:00 this morning
unjonharley

______~~~~~buuuuuzzzzzzzzzz............

Postby Last Real Burner » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:24 pm

Happy New Year Everybody.

"My gift to you in the new year is unconditional love, now take it before I beat the shit outta you!"
beneficially,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Postby NaughtySnowAngel » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:55 pm

LOL

Right back at you Mr. Smith

*smoochies*
NaughtySnowAngel

Postby unjonharley » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:46 pm

You will get my new years greeting when you rip it from my cold dead hand.
Lovingly to Mrs.Smith
unjonharley

New Years

Postby que.f.o. » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:56 am

A little late...

I had the delight of working in our hospitals E.R. on New Years Eve. First trauma was a young man so intoxicated he fell off a second floor balcony,
broken ribs, head injury, etc. Then had four people come in with stab wounds of various severity. All different circumstances.

On the other hand, great food in all the ICUs so not a total loss.

Be safe everyone (except on the playa, sort of) Your life can take a totally unexpected twist at a moments notice. All it takes is one asshat/fucktard running a stoplight. Vegatative states are not pretty.
Is it time to Burn yet?
que.f.o.

Once upon a time...

Postby Last Real Burner » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:11 am

[quote="unjonharley"]You will get my new years greeting when you rip it from my cold dead hand.

:roll: O.k., what ever you say. Now lean back and relax. This is gonna hurt you a lot more than it's gonna hurt me........

unrequieted,
mrs smith's husband
Last Real Burner

Postby Lilly Flower » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:50 pm

Happy New Years everybody.
You are watching too much TV.
Lilly Flower

Postby diane o'thirst » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:48 pm

I spent it in Middle Earth, watching Return of the King again :)
There's this promotion by Hershey's where if you buy four packages of their Bites candies, and send in the UPCs, they send you a voucher for a free movie ticket. So I scraped together a few dollars for popcorn and had a nice cheap autodate :)

Well, tonight's my birthday and I got NOTHING going. Didn't even do a cake but I might whip myself up a nice choco-chai with Bailey's later on and sing "Hippo Birdy Two Ewes" to myself...
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby girl » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:28 pm

Happy Birthday to you, diane! :D :D :D :D :D :D [/quote]
girl

Postby que.f.o. » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:32 pm

Remember Diane, it's not chronology that counts, it's attitude. Have a great year to come. Hope to see ya at home.
Is it time to Burn yet?
que.f.o.

Postby Zulegoona » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:40 pm

Yeah Diane, Have a great birthday!

Hey does anyone else feel compelled to do the introspective journal deconstruction of the past year including aspirations for the next on there birthday?........Doesn't it feel great to say fuck that shit and have another drink.
Zulegoona

Postby diane o'thirst » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:51 pm

que.f.o. wrote:Remember Diane, it's not chronology that counts, it's attitude.

Listen, for lack of everything else, I'm spending the evening making hobbyhorses. I'm a toymaker by trade, how can I <b>NOT</b> be young at heart?! :D
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby que.f.o. » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:03 am

D-o-T, that sounds absolutely cool! Wooden toys are the best. Both my kids recieved a number of them through the years from an uncle. They are teens now but still like 'em
Is it time to Burn yet?
que.f.o.

Postby diane o'thirst » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:13 pm

And these critters are up to that. They're whimsical but not cutesy at all, there's claws and teeth on these things :) They're built solid and fairly simply with no moving parts so they'll last a lifetime, can be easily repaired and passed down from generation to generation. They're beautiful enough to hang on a wall as art but they're most definitely functional art — and I HOPE they won't get hung on a wall! :D
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Keltoi » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:45 pm

Diane o Thirst,

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY. You didn't even get a cake? Hey, my birthday is today, turned the big 31, I told my family I wanted nothing for my birthday not even a cake but I caved in and spent the day with my family and everyone came over it turned out to be really nice. Family and being around the people you love most in this world can make a huge difference. Heck, even if you cannot be directly with the person you love most, just hearing their voice makes it all better.

Anyway I wish you a happy late Birthday and a Happy New Year, after all presents are scarce when your birthday is so close after Christmas.. :D

Yea, another Capricorn, we are so practical and calm, so they say, doesn't seem to fit me at times, I can be rash and impulsive, party time, or shall we say Miller Time !!!!
Keltoi

Postby NaughtySnowAngel » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:00 pm

Happy Birthday from one Diane to another!

One of the best birthdays I ever had was spent solo....painting the day away! (a little vino and a lot of music helped make it a sweet day!)

Hope you had a good one!
NaughtySnowAngel

Lots o' Birthdays

Postby diane o'thirst » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:44 pm

Hey, Keltoi, your birthday is the same as Peter Steele (of Type O Negative)! :) He's nine hours younger than me and I'm 536...do the math ;)

Yes, Other Diane, we're taking over! Watch out world, the SheWolf-Goats are a force to be reckoned with :twisted:

Continuing to do the Hobbyhorse Thing tonight instead of going up to the fire jam in Portland...give me two weeks, I'll have an armful of wooden wonders to infl...uhmm, errrr, ahhhh, bestow upon downtown Eugene :)
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Keltoi » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:52 pm

Good luck with the hobbyhorses, I don't have a single talented bone in my body and really admire people who do have talent for various trades and arts and crafts..
Keltoi

Postby _tears_ » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:09 pm

My new years was spent in an Embassy Suite in S.F With my Sir.

Tears 2003, 2004

The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
_tears_

Return to Open Discussion