Bike taken by Tesla Coil at 9 and Esplanaude

Bike taken by Tesla Coil at 9 and Esplanaude

Postby xefxproductions » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:29 pm

[b]A very special bike was taken from me as I was packing the Tesla Coil up. the person took it and left me a broken bike with a flat tire. The bike taken was a specialized red mountain bike with a red/black seat and disk brakes. I am offering a reward for the return of this bike. If you have it or have information regarding this bike please let me know. I don't care how it ended up with you but I need it back. Please email me at

xefxproductions@yahoo.com

thanks! [/b]
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org
xefxproductions

Did You Read The Survival Guide?

Postby JediDale » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:16 am

The survival guide states that you should lock your bike very single time you're done riding it. Would you leave your bike unlocked in any other city?
Your loss, I believe, is what some call a "Stupidity Fee"
Ya know, what you actually are missing is the sense to buy an $8.00 bike lock!

Stupid is what stupid does!" - Forrest Gump
You don't have to..Believe Everything I Say...because your unconscious will hear this.
Your unconscious can Do anything It wishes..
But your conscious mind isn't going to do
anything of Importance for Now. And...My Voice Will Go With You...
JediDale

Burning Since: 2000

Don't justify thievery

Postby xefxproductions » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:54 pm

listen I know what the survival guide says. I put my bike down as I turned the generator off for my Tesla Coil on the Playa. we are talking 30 seconds where someone rode up, dumped their bike and took mine while my back was turned not 15 feet away. That is clear intent on grabbing something that wasn't theirs in the first place. The problem is not bike locks, its thieves! Thieves, destructive people that tag art or destroy it, disrespectful people that think they can do whatever they want are the biggest problems at Burning Man. If you cant see that then, well, sir you are an idiot.

By the way, I didn't ask for your opinion. I asked for information on the return of the bike. Like I said on the post, I want the bike back. I don't care how ya got it. Thats it. If the person who took it is reading this, I don't care what the reason was. If you found it abandoned, thats cool too. I just want it back. No questions. Just a reward for you returning it to me.

"Stupid is what stupid says" Unless you have some useful information, keep it to yourself next time please
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org
xefxproductions

Let me clear something up!

Postby JediDale » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:18 am

First, I don't have any info on your bike. Second, if you had explained the details of the incident more clearly, perhaps I would not have been so harsh.
It pisses me off that there are cretins that go to BM just to steal, knowing that
they can't get jammed because of the rules! Before going to BM the first time, I chatted with several long time Burners, and they all said to get a lock or there was a very good chance it would be stolen.

If you would post a pic of your bike, it would help, and if I see it in Reno, I will jack up the person who has it!! Sorry for your loss! Pity BM has degenerated to what it is now. "Hope you find your bike dude!" Thats a quote from "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" HA,HA!!
You don't have to..Believe Everything I Say...because your unconscious will hear this.
Your unconscious can Do anything It wishes..
But your conscious mind isn't going to do
anything of Importance for Now. And...My Voice Will Go With You...
JediDale

Burning Since: 2000

Bike

Postby xefxproductions » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:43 am

I am trying to dredge up a picture of it, funny how I have pics of everything but that bike! This whole thing hits a sore spot for me. I can't believe someone would with intention go to Burning Man and use it as an opportunity to steal. Ugh.
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org
xefxproductions

Return to 2005 Theme Camps