Did anyone see Albino at the critical tits afterparty??

Did anyone see Albino at the critical tits afterparty??

Postby swanfist » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:59 pm

I got caught on the playa in that massive dust storm on thursday. Happened to be right near the critical tits party. It was basically a total white out with rain and I hear this big horn section blaring out in the distance. I thought it was some canned james brown or something. I followed the sound and found myself in the critical tits party with a huge mass of people rocking out to a REAL BAND! You couldnt see 10 feet in front of you. The kicker was that this band albino was playing thru the whole storm!! the shit was so tight. never missed a beat as long as I was there. fucking amazing!
such a nice change from the techno drone I'd been hearing all week.
had to have been at least 10 musicians on this art car stage.
does anyone know where these guys are from??

-swanboy
Not all who wander are lost. Not all who stay are so secure.
swanfist

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:30 am

I did not see Albino at the CT after-partry. But, thank God, I just happened to wander into Center Camp after the Derrick Burn and saw them on stage. I never heard of this band befotre, but, my god, they were incredible. Mutaytor who? Albino was the tightest funkiest band I have ever seen! The musicianship of everyone was phenomenol. In a world of heartless techno, how refreshing to see passion and soul and dediciation!

BTW: I am not a member of Albino nor have I been paid for this endrosement! :)
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

damn

Postby swanfist » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:05 am

damn! didnt realize they were playing centercamp too. could have used some live music that night...
thanks for the update, teo. Im new to this site. nice to know peeps repond to posts.
Would still love to find out where that band is from.?

-sb
Not all who wander are lost. Not all who stay are so secure.
swanfist

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:25 am

didnt know it either, just happened to walk in on them by lucky chance

just Googled them: San Francisco. Check out www.albinoband.com
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby ZeeKitten » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:33 am

Aren't they great?!

Albino is a kickass band from S.F./Berkeley and they tour around NorCal quite a bit - I've been lucky enough to see them twice up-close and personal here in Nevada City.

Thus, I was all a-twitter to have them play for us at the CT Afterparty in the redonkulous dust/rain storm - what a tremendous musical offering for Burning Man! :D
<i> ". . . but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio" - Lafcadio Hearn</i>
ZeeKitten

Albino

Postby Gary Curran » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:23 am

Albino rock. I got to know them last year as i camped right next to some of them. Went to see them on the night of the burn in centre camp and they were groove tastic. I'm possibily their No 1 irish fan..... though modesty prevents me from broadcasting that fact...... Missed them on the playa this year as i was either trying to hold my tent down or volunteering.

may they continue to rock
GC
Gary Curran

Postby Samsa Bee » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:07 am

Musically, they are my security blanket of BRC.
~8~ buzzzzzzzzzz
Samsa Bee

Thank You Albino! (also, a photo request)

Postby stenzer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:41 am

That was just phenomenal, a defining moment for me of this year's event. I was so astonished by how those guys played a phenomenal set through a punishing dust storm... they kept going, and going, no masks, no fear. Thank you Albino, I will surely remember that inspiring display of dedication to your craft, for the rest of my life.

There was one photographer near the front with professional equipment, uncovered, clearly looking for the shot that would be so great as to make the cost of his camera irrelevant. If anyone knows how to get that shot or contact that photographer, I'd absolutely treasure a copy.

Speaking of which, the legendary double-rainbow across the Playa that followed those dust storms ( I hope nobody reading this missed!): I have found a great photo by Moses Ma of the rainbow in Flickr, but still looking for a great big image file of the whole amazing spectacle, if anyone knows where to find it...

The show must go on? Whoever said it could not have imagined Albino on the Playa, but that's who I'll remember whenever I hear that phrase tossed about... :-)
stenzer

Postby DaftBrian » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:54 pm

YAY Albino! I couldn't believe the level of awesomeness shown during the CT after party.

Unfortunately I had to depart before the set ended as i was wearing my pink sunglasses and was without my goggles (doi!). The storm was the playa's way of showing her appreciation to the awesome tunes. Took me two hours to get back to camp, but i met some chill people at the orange barrier of fantastical enjoyment and knocked a few back while we sat together wrapped in blankets.

Didn't know the name of the band, that is until i went to a random concert at the miners foundry here in nevada city and realized, oh SHIT thats them! They even gave props to all the burners support!
DaftBrian

Return to 2007 Art & Performance