Burning Ham - Birmingham AL Burning Man Party Sept 1-3

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Burning Ham - Birmingham AL Burning Man Party Sept 1-3

Postby annesusan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:14 am

We're too poor to go to Nevada this year. baby needs shoes. So we're hosting Burning Ham in Birmingham AL. Oak Mountain State Park. Labour Day weekend.
call me if you can make it. 205-568-3532. Anne
annesusan

Postby Teo del Fuego » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 am

Ahhh, the Tragic City...I have fond memories of working there the summer of '88. Lived down the street from Wanda-June's (?) Restaurant

It would be really cool if you guys could burn The Vulcan. Now THAT would be one glorious Burning Man...and a symbologically correct one too.
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

BHM Burners

Postby greenmonk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:30 pm

Heynow-

I'm a 3-time Burner from Birmingham, currently living in ATL. I am tight with the Burner tribe here in Atlanta and hang out frequently with all the fire performers and artists and such in town, but never connected with the burner scene in Birmingham. Who are you guys, how many enclaves of bhm burners do you know, do we know each other, and you want to hang out when I'm back home one of these days?

I'm a fireball/globall juggler and was the webmaster/architect for http://www.fleabomb.com , a website dedicated to covering the arts and music scene in Birmingham. My photos from my first visit to the playa are on the site, and my friend Stanley still runs it. I know he'd be happy to post any burner events and fire performances on Fleabomb's event calendar.

send me a PM on the boards with some contact info and I'll be in touch. Good luck with the event on Labor Day, I'll be representing Alabama on the playa itself.
greenmonk

Postby alienfry » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:11 am

We'll think of you all in Birmingham Burning the Ham from South Rock here in Southern California. Happy Burn!
awesome oppossum
alienfry

Postby blyslv » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:34 am

Ha, in northern New Mexico we are having an art incineration incident. I hope somebody shows up, I bought a lot of kerosene.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby blyslv » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:34 am

Ha, in northern New Mexico we are having an art incineration incident on Sept. 1rst. I hope somebody shows up, I bought a lot of kerosene.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

the haaaam

Postby azuray » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:10 pm

love that fleabomb is doing something like this. just got back from the playa- amazing year and my third. I'm from birmingham and would love to connect with any burners in the area. my email is floobynooby101@yahoo.com - name: chris jones

tell stanley h hello for me at fleabomb

yours in dust,

chris
Azuray aka *Dusty*
azuray

Re: Burning Ham - Birmingham AL Burning Man Party Sept 1-3

Postby annesusan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 pm

ALABAMA BURN! 6th Annual BurningHam Birmingham festival at PIONEER campground, Oak Mountain State Park SATURDAY SEPT 1, 2012 (ends Sunday, high noon). Free camping BYOTENT, free event, all ages. We expect AT LEAST five people this year. Gonna put Black Rock out of business. What it is: questions Anne 334-868-9555. Bam.
annesusan

Return to Regionals & Events