The more MOOP Awareness Kiosks the better!

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

The more MOOP Awareness Kiosks the better!

Postby figmint » Tue May 08, 2007 12:15 am

:idea: Hey Playa Pals! Fig Mint Cafe is going to have a MOOP Awareness Kiosk this year! We are making a free standing structure that will feature fun and motivating moop info. Folks who stop by can get a home sewn draw string sack that they can store any random moop that may blow their way. And the sack can be washed and re-used in the default world and beyondo!

I keep thinking, the more MOOP Awareness Kiosks the better! So I am now calling out to all the Super Moopers and Seamsters to create Moop Awareness Kiosks yourselves! The idea is open to interpretation so go crazy with it! See you out there!

And come n' get some coffee and say hi - we're in the directory!

Stay FUNky,
Tiger Beat
Froots & Kooks of Santa Cruz, CA
Gifters of Fig Mint Cafe - Yum!
fig mint cafe - we're in the playa directory.
yummy coffee for you! Come fill out a census and get a MOOP sack while you chill....we'll be at 9 and fresh water
figmint

Postby robotland » Wed May 09, 2007 6:46 am

We should talk to someone at BRC Airport about dropping MOOP Awareness leaflets, too.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Toolmaker » Fri May 11, 2007 5:26 pm

robotland wrote:We should talk to someone at BRC Airport about dropping MOOP Awareness leaflets, too.

pure genius..

on a more serious note.. how about you also provide boots to use on those who let something hit the ground intentionally?
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Re: The more MOOP Awareness Kiosks the better!

Postby maisry » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:21 pm

I'm a Burning Man virgin and a forum virgin, as well. Tell me, how do I keep track of all you interesting folks that I find in posts so that I can remember you and actually accept your invitations to visit? Seems like there's a better way than jotting your info on a scrap of paper!

Anyway, I think Mooping is important, and though I don't know what the acronym literally stands for, I get what it means. Are you looking for folks to sew for/with you? I have YARDS of cotton fabric, but only shirt weight. If you're sewing onsite, I could bring my serger. If your post is more to encourage me to get involved, consider ME encouraged to stitch up sacks for gifting.
~MG

[quote="figmint"]:idea: Hey Playa Pals! Fig Mint Cafe is going to have a MOOP Awareness Kiosk this year! We are making a free standing structure that will feature fun and motivating moop info. Folks who stop by can get a home sewn draw string sack that they can store any random moop that may blow their way. And the sack can be washed and re-used in the default world and beyondo!

I keep thinking, the more MOOP Awareness Kiosks the better! So I am now calling out to all the Super Moopers and Seamsters to create Moop Awareness Kiosks yourselves! The idea is open to interpretation so go crazy with it! See you out there!

And come n' get some coffee and say hi - we're in the directory!

Stay FUNky,
Tiger Beat
Froots & Kooks of Santa Cruz, CA
Gifters of Fig Mint Cafe - Yum![/quote]
maisry

Postby AntiM » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:38 am

Matter Out Of Place. tsk, tsk, you've not read all through your survival guide! :wink:
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby gaminwench » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:39 am

maisry...Don't bring your serger to the playa - the tiny moving parts won't like the playa dust....
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Re: Moop

Postby maisry » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 pm

I've read SO many of the pages here and elsewhere, I remember the term now that you spell it out, but I am just boggled by the volume of material for, by and about BRC, Burning Man and burners!

I guess the serger is another kind of Moop, isn't it? Yeah, I'm not even going to bring a CD player and I wish I had a junker CAR to bring. I'm going to have my son triple wax my Jeep before I leave.

AntiM"Matter Out Of Place. tsk, tsk, you've not read all through your survival guide! :wink:
maisry

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:25 pm

How maany kiosks do we have to have before they become a form of MOOP?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby The Hosh » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:42 pm

figmint wrote:I keep thinking, the more MOOP Awareness Kiosks the better!

Even better, let's make lots of little mini MOOP Awareness Kiosks (shaped like large pails) and strategically place them at various points around the playa!
The Hosh

Postby spectabillis » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:29 am

The Hosh wrote:Even better, let's make lots of little mini MOOP Awareness Kiosks (shaped like large pails) and strategically place them at various points around the playa!

YES! have to love people when they come up with a genius alternative.
spectabillis

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:24 am

theCryptofishist wrote:How maany kiosks do we have to have before they become a form of MOOP?

...but if we covered the Playa with Kiosks, MOOP could never touch it! Problem solved

(in a Dr. Seuss kind of way)
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Aiee! It burns! » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:20 am

MOOP is trash that blows around and - if we're lucky - winds up in the trash fence downwind, or floats onto the Open Playa to pollute our fine wilderness.
That is all.
Aiee! It burns!

Postby Trixy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:29 am

...................plus, if it blows away, we don't have to pick it up.

And, as far as the green theme goes, doesn't the desert, with it's hot wind and lots of ultraviolet rays, break down things into dust faster than anywhere else on earth?????

Let the MOOP go and blow in the wind. Let the MOOP turn into dust in the end! When it comes to MOOP we will never bend!

***********NO, really, pick up after yourselves you pigs************
Chillax, dude.
Trixy

Postby cdchang » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:16 am

What size bags are you making? I'd love to make some too!
cdchang

Return to Get Involved!