911TRUTHBURN

911TRUTHBURN

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:25 pm

Sturdy volunteers needed to erect this 3 ton (in easy managed pieces) art piece. Look to this:
http://911truthburn.blogspot.com

pm me here and thanks! Image

the piece has been modified to stand 15' tall and weight far less by using thinner gauge steel.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby MikeVDS » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:46 am

Looks like a neat idea, but after reading your page I have one suggestion for a disclaimer, which would make the project much better. I know you'll agree, but given the time left you may not be able to pull it off before the event.

[quote]The “Truth Burnâ€
MikeVDS

Postby bobfj40 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:00 pm

Boy Mike, You sure know how to kill someone's dreams with science.
:wink:
bobfj40

Postby Archantael » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:09 pm

At least he's making the effort to prove his theory vs. sitting around and just talking about it.
Archantael

Postby MikeVDS » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:00 pm

At least he's making the effort to prove his theory vs. sitting around and just talking about it.

You're talking about this "truth" project proving a theory? I think most jr high school boys who've played with thermite could tell you that you could take out I-beams, so it's not proving or testing anything.

There are many ways to take down a building, this project is just about informing people about their guess as to what happened, which is based on the idea that a plane couldn't have taken down the buildings, which comes from a lack of understanding of thermodynamics. There is no evidence to this theory except that there was rust and aluminum in the WTC when it fell (duh?).

I think taking down a structure with thermite is an awesome art project and would like to watch it, I just think the underlying message they are trying to send people is junk.
MikeVDS

Postby safetythird » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:05 am

I'm all for taking out the 911Truth people using thermite. Just because you put "truth" in your name doesn't mean you're not completely batshit crazy.

S3
safetythird

Postby mattattack » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:12 am

no plane hit building 7.

M

safety third! (that just never gets old.)
mattattack

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:05 am

Hey you might try flying an airplane into it. You never know, it might knock it over.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Archantael » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:14 am

What would the world do without armchair skeptics?
Remember...it's an art project on the playa that has an extra element of seeking to answer lingering 9/11 questions. Even if it fails to accomplish the later, it's still looks like it has the potential to be a cool piece of art in it's own right...maybe a piece of iconic art like the flaming cross that circled around the burn a couple of years back. Anyway....IMHO, I wonder if some of the hostility being directed towards the project is a bit much?
Archantael

Postby MikeVDS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:27 am

Just because you put "truth" in your name doesn't mean you're not completely batshit crazy

That's why I quoted their webpage which has more information on their "truth".

no plane hit building 7.

Are you identifying yourself as one of the geniuses who "know everything" but don't even understand basic physics?

I wonder if some of the hostility being directed towards the project is a bit much?

I think it's a cool project and a neat way to get their idea out. I don't think their is much hostility, they just posted on a public forum and I'm giving an alternate viewpoint which is based on the ideas that make cars run, computers work, satellites go into space, not on... well...

It's art in a public area, so you open it up to public commentary.
MikeVDS

Airplanes are made of Aluminum

Postby Napalm Dragon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:50 pm

Airplanes are made of Aluminum

Agree or disagree with this project...
It's still a cool Art Peace. :idea:

However in all the Thermite theories out there.
Few want to remind us of the following.

A thermite reaction is a type of aluminothermic reaction in which aluminium metal is oxidized by the oxide of another metal, most commonly iron oxide.

No conspiracy is needed to recognize the following...

Planes are made of Aluminum.
AND
The Beams were Steal. (Iron Oxide)

Still doesn't answer:
What brought down Building 7.

Napalm Dragon
Napalm Dragon

Postby MikeVDS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Still doesn't answer:

Maybe two sky scrapers crashing down near it followed by a flaming inferno and probably a lack of utilities, like sprinkler system. No? Makes a lot more sense then... wait... why would "they" want to demo that building anyway?
MikeVDS

Postby Napalm Dragon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:43 pm

MikeVDS wrote:
Still doesn't answer:

Maybe two sky scrapers crashing down near it followed by a flaming inferno and probably a lack of utilities, like sprinkler system. No? Makes a lot more sense then... wait... why would "they" want to demo that building anyway?

All I'm saying is that the idea of an a set of preset explosives destroying the Twin Towers is a convenient RED HERRING. It's not startling conclusion to consider that a high security organization would destroy a high security Building when all hell breaks loose.

After the first attacks, WTC 7 may have been redesigned with this intention. Perhaps a security precaution to avoid letting sensitive national security information survive a "bad incident"

That's what I'd do.

However, I've heard there was some evidence in WTC7 that connected ENRON (Dick Cheney) to 9/11 via the Afghan pipeline. The entire event may have been nothing more then a Greedy Businessman creating a security Blackhole (using Saudi Intelligence) around a series of private meeting in Afghanistan.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0206/S00030.htm

Do a google search on "ENRON 9/11 connection" or "WTC7" videos.
Sift past the "conspiracy nut" bullshit (like the rhetoric form "Alex Jones of Inforwars") and you get a worthwhile peace of history to ponder.

Whatever the Truth.

This Art project is an intriguing and provocative way to explore the debate and have people think about and discuss it.

It makes us ask...
"What is the Truth?"

Good Idea (Whether or Not I agree with it).

Napalm Dragon
Napalm Dragon

Postby MikeVDS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:52 pm

This Art project is an intriguing and provocative way to explore the debate and have people think about and discuss it.

It makes us ask...
"What is the Truth?"

Good Idea (Whether or Not I agree with it).

I have to agree with that. They could stop with "Thermite" and I'd be in, so I'm an easy sale. I'll have to read that later
MikeVDS

Postby mdmf007 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:56 pm

When we arrived 36 hours after the fact - the fires were still burning underground, in tunnels, inbetween debris, and in the remains of both towers, and building 7.

Not seeing the evidence, but being a trained engineer, I know that if you knok the legs out from under abuilding, andweaken it with fire, its coming down.

Thermite rods, would have to be manned by welder / cutter - You need O2, and someone willing to ghive up their live to stand there and cut the supports with thermite. It would also show in the debris, with the ends cut.

Maybu I am just joping that my government didnot do this, but I admit it is a possibility.

But, I hope your project is fulfilling for you.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby Token » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:16 pm

Thermite can be lit with a regular road flare or with a regular fuse.

Thermite is fun at desert parties, cuz it lites the place up like a supernova and freaks out the e-tards.

It is irresponsible and juvenile to light thermite on anything less than a full 20 lb. propane tank.

Thermite is a great way to ignite an aluminum engine block.

Thermite is a great way to ignite a big slab of magnesium.

I love thermite.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Thermite Rocks

Postby Napalm Dragon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:28 pm

:twisted: Please invite me to one of your Thermite Parties. :twisted:
Napalm Dragon

Postby Aiee! It burns! » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:50 am

So you are using Thermite to destroy Truth. I get it.

;)
Aiee! It burns!

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:09 am

safetythird wrote:Just because you put "truth" in your name doesn't mean you're not completely batshit crazy.

Now, that was some truth!

The factors in the World Trade Center collapse were:

19 brain-washed perverts from Saudi Arabia;
2 jet airliners with full fuel tanks;
spray-on fire proofing which failed to remain adhered after the blasts;
gravity;
non-traditional design where outside "skin" of building was load-bearing.

Of course, its sooo much more fun to concoct conspiracies. Odd though, our highly incompetent government and intelligence community that can bungle everything else, always seems to manage to do a great job of covering up assassinations, extra-terrestials and insanely complex plots.
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby mattattack » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:58 pm

here lies another thread taken off topic by mikeVDS: angry chairridden forum jukie.

M
mattattack

Postby MikeVDS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:53 pm

Actually I believe everything being talked about was on topic of this art project until you broke in. But Angry chairridden forum junkie has a nice ring to it. :twisted: Angry might be off but I can see how that could come across sometimes. Good call Matt. Gotta thank you for this one. Now back on topic:

What else could we take out with some thermite?
MikeVDS

dude

Postby mattattack » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:27 am

mikeVDS, you go around changing the topic of people's threads. you know you're being a dick and you think that's cool because you imagine eplaya is a place where being a dick is cool and that makes you a member of some kind of vitural in-crowd.

the truth is, you're not a dick - you're an just an ass shitting all over everything.

M
mattattack

Postby Teo del Fuego » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:52 am

CHILL Matt, M'kay?
Teo del Fuego

Postby Archantael » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:20 am

Would someone care to explain what all the fuss is about with MikeVDS and his posts? I'm obviously missing something cause I'm not seeing anything wrong with his conduct.

As for topic changing, the thread drift complaint comes up from time to time. It's an engrained part of the eplaya culture and one that I kinda like. IMHO it reflects an active, thinking community that continues to engage in discussion and doesn't shackle their ideas with more rules than is necessary. If the tangent is good people pick it up and run with it...if not the thread gets re-directed. It's how self-policing communities work.

I'll shut up and get off the soapbox now.
Archantael

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:20 am

The only one hijacking this thread is you Matt. Try going outside away from the computer, take a deep breath, and remove the 2x4 from your own eye, mkay?

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:22 am

Archantael wrote:Would someone care to explain what all the fuss is about with MikeVDS and his posts? I'm obviously missing something cause I'm not seeing anything wrong with his conduct.

Matt is just still got a burr in his saddle from Mike giving him some hell over in another thread last week.

Hey Matt, need us to call the Waaaaahhbulance for you? :lol:

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:58 am

It's worth pointing out that as the towers fell, they created their own seismic event registering between 7 and 8 on the richter scale, and lasting for a combined total of more than 3 minutes (far longer than earthquakes that have devastated entire cities). Most earthquakes' epicenters are miles below the surface, while 'ground zero' was literally on the surface (and in building 7's case, across the street). There are a number of solid structural reasons why building 7 and all the other buildings that the conspiracy theoriests neglect to mention fell without ever having been hit by an airplane.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby moshe! » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:24 pm

All political "art" at Burning Man makes me want to vomit.
preaching to the choir anyone?
moshe!

Postby Teo del Fuego » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:35 pm

moshe! wrote:All political "art" at Burning Man makes me want to vomit. preaching to the choir anyone?

Amen, Brother!

This year's theme was disappointing for the same reason, but who knows, it may turn out to be completely mind-blowing.
Teo del Fuego

Postby moshe! » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:41 pm

Teo del Fuego wrote:
moshe! wrote:All political "art" at Burning Man makes me want to vomit. preaching to the choir anyone?

Amen, Brother!

This year's theme was disappointing for the same reason, but who knows, it may turn out to be completely mind-blowing.

Word. I hope (maybe , maybe) though, that the "earth" theme could possibly transcend its(unfortunatley) political connotation. leave no trace and radical enviroments are part of Burning man and maybe we can explore protecing the ultimate canvas without being annoying( please, i hope , i pray)
moshe!

Next

Return to 2007 Art & Performance