Video Jockeys Wanted!

Video Jockeys Wanted!

Postby Jainesy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:09 pm

This year Lustre Village brings you The Playaplex - a mobile three-sided cinema experience with trailer-based sound system - and stripper pole. The truck features three 8' X 7' video screens, projected from within and driven by a cabin-mounted PC laptop.

We'll be spinning breaks on the playa at night, and would love experienced VJ's to join us. Spin video to the beats, spin for the beats, or spin...whatever. We just want it to be compelling.

Interested? Hit me back.

Postby captain mcguiver » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:43 pm

How's it coming in your VJ search?

I've been a Vj for like 12 years now, and I've never really done a live show at BM. I've done exhibits since 2001, including video for the man, but none of it live.

I might be interested in doing a show as a guest- sounds like fun, and i can concentrate on the art and not the setup...

Lemme know,

captain mcguiver
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: XaraLustmonkeysPlayaQBatCntryBunyMethLab

Postby benenergy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:20 am

I also have a mobile venue for video artists. If any VJs would like to mix live in my car, which will have large screens and one HD projector, that would be awesome. Also, if anyone has a DVD or two (not HD) that they'd like to see played, I can do that as well. You could send me the DVD, which I could back up and return, or I could pick it up from you on the playa. DVDs remixed from prior Burning Man years is especially interesting, as are video with green imagery, forests, forest protests, celtic iconography, etc. I'll also have some little cameras set up for live mixing, and an enclosed, somewhat dust protected place to have your laptop. Thanks.

On the Live Video - historic synth material

Postby Denise Gallant » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:25 pm

I was the first VJ in LA and probably the first in San Francisco as well (type my name in Yahoo and read my profile on for a bit of history) - and have mixed at some of the largest raves in the 1990 era as well.
I have lots of old video synthesizer material that is award winning (Billboard Award) and classic, that was from my hand-built synth (circa 1976-81) from my company in LA called Synopsis. The synth was used on vidoes with Supertramp, Tangerine Dream, Greatful Dead, and a number of punk groups in the '80s, and films such as Brainstorm (1984).
A good percentage of it mixes well to house, space and electronic-style music.
See for examples in the 'video store and live video sections' - see the more recent video backdrop I did with Mama's and Papa's papa, Denny Doherty.
I also have hours of stereoscopic material, if anyone is equiped for playing it.
I know that it is 'old stuff' but it still is pretty. If you are interested, let me know, and I will get as much to DVD as I can.
Sincerely, Denise Gallant
Denise Gallant

Return to 2007 Art & Performance