“Killerâ€

Postby Finnegan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:07 pm

We may have our first target. Where will you camp, Trilo? Post a picture of yourself.

Joke! Don’t shoot the heretics.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby misfit » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:09 pm

>>>>I'm also a sneaky little shit to.Lothos<<<<

little??????
not really running, more like stalking.
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.
misfit

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: wish you were here

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Don't get me wrong, Finnegan, I'm a fan of the game and played it a lot in the early 80's.

I'm just thinking of the effect it'll have on the rest of any given party or event when ppl start busting out toy guns/knives. Seeing that on the playa would have to be kind of unsettling, even to the soberest of burners.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby capjbadger » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:28 pm

trilobyte wrote:Running around with water pistols/fake guns/fake knives on the playa... yeah, you'll be creating quite a wonderful atmosphere for all the people around you on the playa. Good luck with that!

~Trilo~

Trilo's sarcasm aside, there is a good point in there. As someone that played LARP games in public settings for many years, the rule of no real looking weapons is very important. We used 3x5 cards for such things. Last thing we need is some LEO shooting someone holding a rubber knife...

Waterguns: Bright colors. No fucking black paint. :?
Knife: 3x5 card that says "knife"
Bomb: again, 3x5 card that says *boom* with some stats on it (blast range, arrow for blast direction if it's a shaped charge, trigger event, etc)
Poison (contact): bit of masking tape on object with *Posion* written on it.
Posion (food): Write on inside of cup or masking tape stuck under plate.
Etc...

And one other thing Trilo... This stuff is supposed to be sneaky! If other people who aren't playing notice something is up, you're not doing it right! ;) If you read the rules that got posted, you'd know that if you have witnesses, you lose! :)

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Finnegan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Yeah, agreed. I don’t want to see anyone actually dying out there. We could simplify things even more and just say, Only brightly colored water guns allowed, as far as fake weapons go. It would be easier to know who is playing that way too.

So if someone pulls an orange squirt gun on you, you have the right to squirt them right back.

All the sneakier ways should be available, though. (“Poisonâ€
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby DJmoYst » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:32 pm

I am in, fat sam ur going down. I hope i pull your card first, cuz then we can continue to party.

One concern, i will most likely carry a squirt gun the whole time i am there (keep people/me cool). i don't think that we should get killed because we are carrying. I would rather have some code word for the kill, or we all have code names like Mr. Pink or Mr. Orange and we can say out loud "Mr. Pink Die" when we hit him. or write it on the bomb/poison cup. We will only have one target at a time so you will know the one you are after.

Well, 2nd concern, i will be dj'ing at my and a few other camps, in this situation squirt guns should not be used.
DJ MoYst aka S-DOT-K ~ Peace Love & Drum 'N' Bass
DJmoYst

Postby Finnegan » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:49 pm

Ok, dibs on Mr. Black!

Sure, your DJ gig can be listed as your "work place". Off limits. Watch your back on the way home, though! Big red target.

The 'fair game' clause is a little trickier. What do people think? I will issue some sort of identifying "thing", maybe a necklace, I dunno. So that would be one clue. The 'drawn' gun, though.. Your guys' call.

In the old rules, if some other assassin draws to fire on his Mark, he is 'Fair Game'. But what if he is innocently wandering around with a gun out? I'd say, hide that thing or be subject to random assassination. Again, your call.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:33 pm

How about some obvious mark on the gun itself? If they are your target, you already have their pic, so no problem there. If you see someone with a gun out, but no mark on it, you know they are not playing.

You shouldn't know who is an assassin until they pull out their gun anyway, right? ;)

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

capjbadger

Postby DJmoYst » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:52 pm

thats a good idea with them mark on the gun.

I will now be known as Mr. Light Tan.

what is everyones thought on a porta potty ambush. i think that would suck to be dropin bear and die as you walk out.

check this out

http://www.candydirect.com/toys_and_novelties/SQUIRT-GUN.html

we could all chip in and get a lot of these and all have the same gun.
DJ MoYst aka S-DOT-K ~ Peace Love & Drum 'N' Bass
DJmoYst

Postby misfit » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:06 pm

>>>we could all chip in and get a lot of these <<<

let us know, i'm in....
misfit

Postby Dork » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:27 pm

DJmoYst wrote:what is everyones thought on a porta potty ambush. i think that would suck to be dropin bear and die as you walk out.

I would think the no witnesses rule would make that difficult to pull off.

http://www.candydirect.com/toys_and_novelties/SQUIRT-GUN.htmlwe could all chip in and get a lot of these and all have the same gun.

I'm in for a group buy. Not sure about that model, though. I seem to recall those types of guns leaking really bad, which makes it difficult to conceal and keep ready. Maybe there's another choice?
Dork

Postby Finnegan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:46 pm

I do like the limited witnesses rule. Say, no more than two or three. It forces you to stalk your prey, or trap them. Or booby traps, poison, bombs, etc.

A bunch of identical guns sounds really good. I agree that most of the cheapies leak like sieves, though. (I used to keep mine in a baggy) Bright pink or orange would be good. Avoid Green, as everyone and their brother will have green things this year.

I just found my old copy of the 1st edition rules. Reading it now. Brings back some very fond memories.. I'm also hunting for a pdf of the rules for everyone. Will keep you posted.

Speaking of fond memories, feel free to post your favorite "kill" here too. Here's mine:

My target was helping his mom at their garage sale. I ride up on my bike and ask if they have a bike pump for my low tire. He finds one, I pump up the tire while the crowd thins out. Then i shoot him in front of his mom, who laughs her ass off.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:46 pm

I'll pitch in too. :) But yeah, different model if we can find them. Those things leak like hell. But then again, at that price, who cares? :D It just might make people try to use other methods more.
Maybe we should make them shout "BANG" when they use the gun. hehe

Badger

capjbadger

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 pm

How about these? They look cooler and are even cheaper.

[url=http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=/products/39_1613.jsp&event=link.externalProductDetails&sku=39/1613&topLevelCategoryId=377320&parentCategoryId=377340&categoryId=377364&tabId=Party%20Supplies&BP=8067&cm_mmc=srchdex-_-NEON+GRIP+SQUIRT+GUNS-_-srchdex-_-srchdex&CM_REF=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orientaltrading.com%2Fproducts%2FC342874.jsp]
Image[/url]

Badger

capjbadger

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:23 am

Cheaper usually means leakier when it comes to water pistols. I have no problem dropping 10-20 bucks on a decent water gun, especially since it can be used to keep everyone cool outside of the game. I've always been partial to supersoakers and waterball guns.

http://www.toysplash.com/Product/Waterball175WaterGun
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby FallenAngel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:41 pm

The Havana Room welcomes all of you secret agents and assassins.
Fallen Angel
The Havana Room
http://www.havanaroom.org/
On tribe - http://tribes.tribe.net/havanaroom/
fallenangel@havanaroom.org
Talent Booking Info - leia@havanaroom.org

Make a Donation!
PayPal - donation@havanaroom.org
FallenAngel

Postby Finnegan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:46 pm

The Havana Room has graciously welcomed all of us to use their place as a meeting place. It only makes sense that the assassins would meet there and get their assignments, check to see who is dead, etc. The whole camp and within 50 yards of it will be a Safe Zone.

Check them out here:
viewtopic.php?t=19459&start=0

How about I plan on being there at noon and midnight every day?
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby MikeVDS » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:49 pm

A couple quality guns will probably be worth the dough. Damn. Too much stuff to get ready!
MikeVDS

Postby misfit » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:07 pm

whats a good start date and time.?.....
misfit

Postby Finnegan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:10 pm

How about Tuesday, high noon, at the Havana Room?
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby misfit » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:26 pm

tuesday the 28th, havana room, (thanks for the offer havana crew), at noon. see you there....
misfit

Postby Dork » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:32 pm

Ok, how about this - have some stock of cheapies available for people who don't bring their own, but also allow outside weapons as long as they aren't deemed too radical a departure. Have bright stickers or something to label approved weapons.
Dork

Postby misfit » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:41 pm

ummmm, where's the havana room, approx.?...
misfit

Postby MikeVDS » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:49 pm

I'm thinking we don't need to mark approved weapons. It's already a bit of a game of honor, so only use approved weapons and we're good.
MikeVDS

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Dork wrote:Ok, how about this - have some stock of cheapies available for people who don't bring their own, but also allow outside weapons as long as they aren't deemed too radical a departure. Have bright stickers or something to label approved weapons.

Sounds like a good idea Dork. I'm thinking something like a mylar/silver tag that can be tied to the gun.

I'm going to go ahead and order a dozen of those guns I posted and see if they are any good. I'll let you guys know.

Havana Room peeps: Thanks! You folks rock. :)

Badger

Edit: Oooo!! Even better! How about that aluminum tape stuff? Tough and shiney. :)

capjbadger

Postby Finnegan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm

No 'realistic' looking weapons. Brightly colored is better! I will bring along a nominal supply of "starter" guns, but if you want something of better quality, best to shop for yourself.

I think we won't know for sure where the Havana Room, or anything else, is going to be located for another week or two.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:29 am

Geez.... how come I am just now seeing this...........

It sounds like a HOOT!, Finnegan!!!

OK, B(O)(O)by Bar will be pouring libations and homebrew..... as reward????... resuscitation?????... However you all wish to use us.....
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby Finnegan » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:07 am

Yes it does! I hope a lot of our people will play. I was going to use Booby Bar for my evil lair, but realized it would discriminate against anybody under 21 yrs. So, The Havana Room it is, which seems perfect, really.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Toolmaker » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:22 pm

One more in addition to myself is playing. Not on eplaya but will be on the playa camped with me.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby FallenAngel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Tuesday High Noon is fine to start the game as long as the meeting ends at 1:00 pm. We have a Cardio strip class at 2:00 on Tuesday and I want to give them as much prep time as possible.

Late Thursday evening after a wedding at The Havana Room, we're having an "Agents and Assassins" theme night, so that is the night to come dressed to the nines, maybe an announcement of the final players left.

Do you want to end the game on Saturday or Sunday? Either day, we can do a noon awards ceremony to announce the winner at The Havana Room. Sunday has to be early in the day such as noon, because The Havana Room crew is doing a picnic on the playa in front of the Temple before the Temple burn. I think Saturday is a bit more flexible as far as time goes.

As far as placement goes, I don't think very many camps have placement, and ours is in the dark as well at the moment. As soon as we know, we'll let you know.

On a side note, we're finalizing our entertainment schedule and theme nights, so stay tuned!
Fallen Angel
The Havana Room
http://www.havanaroom.org/
On tribe - http://tribes.tribe.net/havanaroom/
fallenangel@havanaroom.org
Talent Booking Info - leia@havanaroom.org

Make a Donation!
PayPal - donation@havanaroom.org
FallenAngel

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Art & Performance