djDimon-GOGOL BORDELLO's TourDj/Videogr/DebaucheryCoordinatr

djDimon-GOGOL BORDELLO's TourDj/Videogr/DebaucheryCoordinatr

Postby dimon_gb » Mon May 07, 2007 10:35 pm

.looking for a spot to throw a REAL dance party
well, you all know Gogol Bordello partying standards, no need to get into details
for those who don't yet:
www.myspace.com/balkano_paranormale
www.myspace.com/dimon_gb
www.gogolbordello.com

arab sextura, post-manuchao, rumba gitana, bhangra'n'bass, balkan brass'n'bass, cumbiamuffin, italian tzigano, speedball dub/reggae, balkan reggaeton, rio baile funk, trad. and remixed roma (gypsy) mindcrackers, ragga jungle, romano hip-hop, russian/ukrainian mad tunes, gypsy swing/jazz/punk etc. plus video projections
i'll be getting in touch with those large well-equipped camps about gigs, but really looking for MY people, yo! screw this techno/house/trance/electro/hiphop dictatorshit - we'll bring some real fire to Burning Man. Leave that music for robots, engineered by robots,performed by robots and DJed by robots for those robots outside of BM

party!
-dimon
reply to fraustt@gmail.com
dimon_gb

Postby robotland » Tue May 08, 2007 3:09 am

So....Just YOU, or the band? I see they're still in the UK at the end o' August...But they'd sure be enjoyed playaside!
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Re: djDimon-GOGOL BORDELLO's TourDj/Videogr/DebaucheryCoordi

Postby starsonesp » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:42 am

Good grief, I will so be there for wherever this turns up.

dimon_gb wrote:arab sextura, post-manuchao, rumba gitana, bhangra'n'bass, balkan brass'n'bass, cumbiamuffin, italian tzigano, speedball dub/reggae, balkan reggaeton, rio baile funk, trad. and remixed roma (gypsy) mindcrackers, ragga jungle, romano hip-hop, russian/ukrainian mad tunes, gypsy swing/jazz/punk etc. plus video projections
starsonesp

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:09 pm

Way to respect other peoples' interests and tastes, Dimon...

That said, you should post in the artists seeking stages thread, and then keep an eye on that as well as the stages seeking artists thread. A lot of camp/stage bookers don't have the time to dig through all the separate threads that artists and performers start for themselves, it's easier to skim through and follow along those two catch-all threads.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby dimon_gb » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:07 pm

"other people's interests and tastes" tend to drastically change after GB shows or our dj sets (instantly or slowly, depending on how much exposed there were to REAL music before). so lets get radical here.
thanks for the info.
dimon_gb

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:11 pm

Yes, yes, yes... the old standard "we're better than everybody else" schtick. ;)

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby dimon_gb » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:10 pm

better than this american college art education concept "every piece of art is great, and even if it looks or sounds like shit - it's still great, it's just different, and you're great artist as long as you pay us 50 grand" that produces millions of dummy bands&djs playing 'fast-food for brains' plastic beats and putting out a fashion show instead of delivering raw power and original fire.
i suppose you are unaware of new worldwide movement that GB leads. people of our movement crack people's minds wide open with every show/dj gig. without any help of acid, coke or whatever
i was at BM last year and was really shocked to discover how poorly it was represented for music. it was either 'rave culture' skull-pounding electrobullshit or bassnectarish boring 'wanna be cool' 'grooves' (hehe).
i ended up throwing a 12-hr real dance party at friendly camp's stage, just to cover the hole and create some good vibes for all those people that were hungry for that.)
ok, no time for discussions. you'll figure it out sooner or later.
dimon_gb

Postby Finnegan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:26 pm

"bassnectarish boring.."

Hmm. I love Bassnectar. And I have a pretty serious aversion to huge-ass egos.. So far, two strikes against ya.

BM is ginormous. You can probably do your own thing without pissing on so many others. Or maybe that's just *your* shtick.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby meyouseek » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:05 pm

Do not anger the robots with your tales of analogue supremacy. We know you still need our precious electrons to broadcast your lies.

I'm quite sure the automatons and I would have enjoyed your wobbly string performance. Instead we will dance with the DJs to protest against the sour nature of your pointless diatribe.

Robots aren't usually so judgmental. We like so many disparate forms of pressure wave manipulation. It blows our fuses when we read human hate speech aimed at the digital world.

PS - your name-dropping impresses no one
meyouseek

Postby ivy arianrhod » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:41 pm

I love Gogol Bordello, and I love Bassnectar. It's too bad you have such an obnoxious ego, I think I like GB less now...

You never answered the question, though. Is the band going to be there? Will this be a GB show? Or are you just using their name to get yourself a DJing gig?
ivy arianrhod

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Camp Walter

Postby Finnegan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:45 pm

I think he’s buggered off..
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby damon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
damon

Postby Finnegan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:49 pm

Yeah, I don’t miss him already.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby K-mom » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:49 pm

Actually, I noticed yesterday Gogol Bordello plays September 2nd here in Vancouver BC ... so they do have the right timing to be here on the West Coast.
Not sure what the rest of there tour looks like though..
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Return to 2007 Art & Performance