Don't get ripped off by these guys

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Don't get ripped off by these guys

Postby Kitte » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:05 am

Just before BM this year, I ordered a big box of battery powered blinky things from eLiquidMotion.com, who then proceeded to rip me off. They kept my money for an entire month and sent me nothing. I tried to contact them and they ignored me. I was recently able to contact them again, and was met with belligerence and sheer ineptitude. I have posted the entire conversation on the LiveJournal Burning Man Community here:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/burning_man/256044.html

I just wanted to save other burners the headache.
Kitte
Kitte

good lord

Postby spaceboy » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:10 pm

just read the whole ordeal... what a mess. I mean, I see both sides. I'm sure this person has had good business dealings in the past. She may be very good with (the rest of) her clients/customers. BUT she should have sent you another box of (?) when you got back from BM. Her eating the cost for a new box + shipping (which was most probably signifigantly less than your $97) would have saved her from all the headaches and lambashing that can come from something like this. And, ignoring your contact attempts is simply bad business sense. Better luck w/ your future purchases online! And thanks for the heads up.
Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die!
spaceboy

Postby binaryuplink » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:23 pm

yikes what a mess
blea!!!
binaryuplink

Burning Since: 2003

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks