want to sing in Madi's musical service choir this year?

want to sing in Madi's musical service choir this year?

Postby mamasaid » Tue May 29, 2007 3:19 pm

hey playa people...

it's madi...for the last two years, I have, with the great help of the playa spirits, put together a group of singers to sing at a sunday morning service on the playa. This service is without dogma, or religion. (In fact, I don't know what I am going to talk about until I get on the mic. I let the spirit decide for me.)
The music, however, I put together over the summer and bring it out to teach whomever shows up on wednesday's rehearsal. It always turns out to be quite a miracle...here are the details, as they stand now:

who: you, a singer and other musicians that can play any instrument, most interested in beats, bass, guitar or wind instruments, but open. (i play keys)

when: wed, thurs, fri, sat rehearsals (have been in the afternoon at 4, BUT wanting to change this to AM, keep you posted...last year, we did it at jazz camp and not sure if it will happen again, but hoping!!

what music? not sure, haven't chosen it yet, but we seem to do 2-3part gospel music. hoping to create a few songs out there as well. usually have some solo opportunities...

why? because I love being part of a live musical/spiritual experience as my gift to the community. miracles have happened every year...somehow.

SO, if you want to sing in a group, there is no audition, you just need to have a desire and passion to sing, to show up on wed. time and place to be announced! come to rehearsals, and be there on sunday morning. usually, 11-12:30ish, playa time.
we tend to have a very receptive and lovely audience!!

keep an eye out for further posts and you can respond to me if you want to introduce yourself ahead of time...

with love, dust and song,
Madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby Gumbo » Tue May 29, 2007 3:52 pm

I'll keep watching the post........I love to sing...........
"I'll sleep when I'm dead"
Gumbo

Postby pianoplaya » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:57 am

I will be there! Kris
pianoplaya

Return to 2007 Art & Performance