anyone out there besides me?

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

anyone out there besides me?

Postby mags » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:48 am

I'm in Albany NY and looking for Burner Play(a)mates.
mags

Postby dann c » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:54 pm

i'm here in mass near worcester 8)
dann c

Postby mags » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:56 am

Cool, this year was my first burn and I had a total blast. Is there anything that goes on around here or is it all centered around NYC?
mags

Postby dann c » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:16 am

i have no clue this was also my first :shock:
dann c

Postby mags » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:22 am

at least now there are two of us. It's a start. I found out about a burn in Delaware on Columbus Day Weekend called Playa Del Fuego though.
mags

Postby Aura » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:19 pm

Hey guys, I'm in Putnam County, about 2 hours south of Albany!
Aura

Postby mags » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:07 am

cool, found out there is a local "chapter" in Albany/Troy. I think they are just getting it revved up because I would swear it wasn't there a couple of weeks ago.
mags

Postby keelie » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:26 pm

Hey there kids,
i am about an hour outside of boston in mass..
keelie

my people are you with me where you at..

Postby Jodi » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:21 pm

what up peeps, just north of Boston, here. this year was my first and it was the best time of my life. i feel like some cult member the way i've been trying to recruit people to go next year. :twisted: i'm addicted, which pretty much explains why i'm on the board.

boy, not alot of burners on the NE homefront.. or at least not on the board :roll:
Jodi

Postby mags » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:57 am

It's starting to roll though. This thread's only been open a couple of days. I've been recruiting too. Anyone thinking about going to the regional burn in Delaware?
mags

I'm from Springfield, MA

Postby Halebags » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:00 am

... and I'm definately going in 2004, -so copy my e-mail address so when it's time to go we can meet up and split the costs of travel! Hell yea.
Halebags

Western mass

Postby Bob A » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:39 pm

I'm going for the first time in 2004. I live out in springfield and am working on restoring this old 1974 14' camp trailer to pull out to the 2004 burn. Glade to know there are some burners out here. People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I'm going in 2004. I've been a closet burner for years and I've decided this is the year. As soon as tickets go on line my order will be in.

Bob A
Bob A

Re: my people are you with me where you at..

Postby Rev. Tastyfresh » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:30 am

Jodi wrote:what up peeps, just north of Boston, here. this year was my first and it was the best time of my life. i feel like some cult member the way i've been trying to recruit people to go next year. :twisted: i'm addicted, which pretty much explains why i'm on the board.

boy, not alot of burners on the NE homefront.. or at least not on the board :roll:

There are quite a lot of us in the New England area... :D www.bostonburners.org is the mailing list. Events are happening all the time.

There is also a seasonal meet and greet for Burners in the Boston area... http://chaoshacker.org/meetngreet/

And a truck share to stuff to and from Burningman http://burningtruck.chaoshacker.org/

Finally, we had our first regional NE burn event last June...
http://chaoshacker.org/firefly/

YAY!!
Rev. Tastyfresh

Postby blyslv » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:55 pm

Jodi wrote:boy, not alot of burners on the NE homefront.. or at least not on the board :roll:

Do me a favor -- look up the Rev. Chrissy Korda and the Church of Euthanasia and tell him to get his skinny ass out here next year!
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby Blacksheep12209 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:43 am

Solo New York Burner here. Me and my roomate were with a los angelos/seattle theme camp for BM '03. He moved out to the west coast, so I'm last straggler. All alone. Need to meet new group/ solos. I would love to meet any burners!!! I live in Albany, so if you are around here drop me a note. I don't bite and have all my shots.
Blacksheep12209

Postby tzimisce1313 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:40 am

blyslv wrote:
Jodi wrote:boy, not alot of burners on the NE homefront.. or at least not on the board :roll:

Do me a favor -- look up the Rev. Chrissy Korda and the Church of Euthanasia and tell him to get his skinny ass out here next year!

that would so rock. i would hope they'd perform i like to watch.
tzimisce1313

Re: anyone out there besides me?

Postby Icepack » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:49 pm

mags wrote:I'm in Albany NY and looking for Burner Play(a)mates.

Realize I'm picking up on an old thread here.... there are a bunch of Burners in New York City that usually send a truck or something out to Burning Man. There is also a Boston group that does some stuff. As other messages in here mention, there is a Albany/Troy group as well. I think they have a Yahoo group.

I'm in Amherst, MA myself. Met a guy in 2002 that was going to Umass and was going, but I don't think he's around anymore. Anyone else in town? I went in 2003 and left early, but will be back in 2004.
Icepack

Postby dann c » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:15 am

old threds sometimes lead to new friends .i'm abought an hour east of you in sterling . the boston groupe meets evry week at a club in boston i haven't been there yet
dann c

Postby Icepack » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:13 am

dann c wrote:old threds sometimes lead to new friends .i'm abought an hour east of you in sterling . the boston groupe meets evry week at a club in boston i haven't been there yet

I've been to Sterling before. Don't remember too much of it but went hiking somewhere out in that direction several years ago. Maybe Washachusett?

Not motivated myself to drive to Boston for the meets they have out there, but have heard they have a pretty active group.
Icepack

Re: anyone out there besides me?

Postby madzaphod » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:04 pm

Icepack wrote:
mags wrote:I'm in Albany NY and looking for Burner Play(a)mates.

As other messages in here mention, there is a Albany/Troy group as well. I think they have a Yahoo group.

The easiest way to plug into a regional group is through the Black Rock City Year Round thing and look for your state/city. There IS indeed a Albany group, and True is the guy you want to talk at. There are spring events that go on up there. I beleive it would be well worth your time to do some research and instigate some contact! Spring is coming and things will start to happen very soon.

Tell True Burner Vic sentcha!
madzaphod

Postby marnen » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:36 am

I live in Poughkeepsie, so am kind of on the edge of both Albany and NYC orbits. My girlfriend just moved from Albany, so there's a Capital District connection... :)
marnen

Postby Silver » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:32 am

Playa Del Fuego is also held in the Spring on Memorial day weekend. I have not been as active as I normally am but hope to get back to it soon. A fair number of people come down from NYC and New York state.

http://www.playadelfuego.org/topic.php
My grandfather tried to raise me as a Southern gentleman, that means that I can be a real SOB some of the time.
Silver

Return to Regionals & Events