Limit image size mod

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

Limit image size mod

Postby Dork » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:40 pm

Fellow Eplayans,
I installed a mod that limits the maximum width of images within posts so really wide posts don't cause annoying scrolling issues. The limit is set at 600 pixels, which could be changed if it's too restrictive. The way it works is it loads all images within a small container until they finish loading, then it checks the width. If the width is less than 600, it expands it to normal size. If over 600 pixels, it scales it down and puts a dotted line around it. If you click on the image, the full size version opens in a new window.

I tried it out on a few browsers and it looked good but there's a possibility it could cause issues for some. Please let me know by replying to this thread or sending a PM if you run into any trouble, or you just don't like it for whatever reason.

It seems that on really slow connections it might not resize the images when it's done. Refreshing the page should get them to come up properly.
Dork

Postby EvilDustBooger » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:23 pm

I prefer large photo files for most art and landscape/scenery posts. The more resolution the better as far as I`m concerned.
I like to get the "real-deal" and reduce it myself if I have the desire to.
I have high speed internet service though, and understand how it could be advantageous to pare photos down for easy scrolling through posts and for those with dial up service.

...It`s nice the "click to view full size " feature has been enabled.

...And some photos really are better if they aren`t so huge...

good work dork!
EvilDustBooger

Postby Dork » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:39 pm

With this mod you actually do download the full size photo, so it won't have an affect on download speed and if you save the file locally it will still be high resolution. It's just a matter of how it's sized when viewed in the thread.
Dork

Postby spectabillis » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:54 pm

dayum edb, how about a nsfw warning for everyone next time?

and you need a shave.
spectabillis

Postby Archantael » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:45 pm

For viewing the eplaya on a Pocket PC or crackberry as I frequently do this mod is definitely welcomed. Thanks for getting it installed.
Archantael

!

Postby Toolmaker » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Thanks a buch for this great mod. I have a monitor set to 1024x768 and some of those pics are just way too big. Its great to see evrything nice and neat but still have the choice of a full size view. Its especially good for elfs thread. Great pics but a little on the big side sometimes.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Return to Feature Requests