Beach-Paradise Camp - Call for Volunteers & Supplies

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Beach-Paradise Camp - Call for Volunteers & Supplies

Postby EricMagic » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:02 am

Theme Camp Focused on Beach Lifestyles, Ecology, Beauty, and Awareness.

Come play with us at the Black Rock Beach (aka Beach-Paradise Theme Camp).

The camp shall have an esoteric collection of activities, which include a unique focus on beach lifestyles, music, spectrum of unique fun from laid back relaxation to high intensity vibrations, ecology, and interesting art and music related to beach cultures, and the Art Theme of BMan 2007.

We are hoping to find serious volunteers and contributors.

Website for theme camp: http://www.beach-paradise.org/camp/Bman.html

Visit the website or you can email to us via the following:
volunteer@beach-paradise.org and Logistics_Mgr@beach-paradise.org.

<><> ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// <><>

Highlights (partial list) include the following:

A. At least Three Primary Domes, Possible Sizes: 50', 40', 30', 24', 20' (Already have some domes.)

B. Unique Large Tower for human observations, light, and art effects. Size ~ 40 to 60' tall. (Already being developed.)

C. Beach theme type artwork, music, artwork, performances, awareness; but not exclusively since some other music definitely will be explored.

1. Performance Stages/Domes for Live Music, Performers, Dancers, DJs and VJs.

2. Sound system for live performances and recorded music.

3. Projector system, projector, and screen for interesting movies and moving visual effects.

4. Volley Ball Net and Field (regulation size). With unique black lights and other lights for nighttime play.

5. Water Spray Dome or Tent (tentative)

6. Hammock (tentative).

7. Surfboards on Wheels (tentative)

8. Large Dance area with possible dance platforms and fire pit/cans.

9. Volunteers can get their own email, and webpage within the Beach-Paradise website to help coordinate their efforts and promote the theme camp.

Getting started sooner rather than later to make this one of the best experiences on the Playa.
<>
Relax, Be Bold, Dream, Live Large, Elevate
<>
EricMagic

Re: Beach-Paradise Camp - Call for Volunteers & Supplies

Postby SunshineSuzy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:23 am

EricMagic wrote:Theme Camp Focused on Beach Lifestyles, Ecology, Beauty, and Awareness.

Come play with us at the Black Rock Beach (aka Beach-Paradise Theme Camp).

The camp shall have an esoteric collection of activities, which include a unique focus on beach lifestyles, music, spectrum of unique fun from laid back relaxation to high intensity vibrations, ecology, and interesting art and music related to beach cultures, and the Art Theme of BMan 2007.

We are hoping to find serious volunteers and contributors.

Website for theme camp: http://www.beach-paradise.org/camp/Bman.html

Visit the website or you can email to us via the following:
volunteer@beach-paradise.org and Logistics_Mgr@beach-paradise.org.

<><> ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// <><>

Highlights (partial list) include the following:

A. At least Three Primary Domes, Possible Sizes: 50', 40', 30', 24', 20' (Already have some domes.)

B. Unique Large Tower for human observations, light, and art effects. Size ~ 40 to 60' tall. (Already being developed.)

C. Beach theme type artwork, music, artwork, performances, awareness; but not exclusively since some other music definitely will be explored.

1. Performance Stages/Domes for Live Music, Performers, Dancers, DJs and VJs.

2. Sound system for live performances and recorded music.

3. Projector system, projector, and screen for interesting movies and moving visual effects.

4. Volley Ball Net and Field (regulation size). With unique black lights and other lights for nighttime play.

5. Water Spray Dome or Tent (tentative)

6. Hammock (tentative).

7. Surfboards on Wheels (tentative)

8. Large Dance area with possible dance platforms and fire pit/cans.

9. Volunteers can get their own email, and webpage within the Beach-Paradise website to help coordinate their efforts and promote the theme camp.

Getting started sooner rather than later to make this one of the best experiences on the Playa.

Sent the link on over to a buddy of mine, who might be game.
If he says he's interested, I'll drop you his contact info..

I know he has a business card, around here somewhere... -searches-
xoxo
Luck, love and light to you,
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

Postby gyre » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:05 am

Are you going to be on the ring road beach?
That looked amazingly like a beach, especially with the lifeguard chair on it.
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:50 pm

I think I'll pass. I didn't see a single reference to drinking wine or crucifying Barbies.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby BAS » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:51 pm

6. Hammock (tentative).

You know, right now I could really go for a hammock on a beach! :D

(Don't even know if I can make it this year, so that's about all I have to say.)

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby MikeVDS » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:01 pm

Sounds fun. What camps have you done in the past? Seems like you have a lot of stuff for this to be your first largish camp.
MikeVDS

Postby gyre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:03 am

Does anyone have a photo of the ring road beach from last year?
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Postby Thecatman » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Another theme camp I'll be sure to check out. Mellow out to The Beach Boys and Jan and Dean. Taht will KICK ASS
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby gyre » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:37 pm

The best response I ever got on the radio was playing every Jan and Dean record I could find.
I couldn't find a bad song.
I wish I could write like that.

Beach Boys had some decent car songs too.

"And she purrs like a kitten till the lake pipes roar...
I get pushed out of shape and it's hard to steer
When I get rubber in all four gears"

'The Bonneville salt flats had seen some strange things
But the strangest thing yet was a jet without wings
Once as a jet it played in the stars..."
gyre

Postby Thecatman » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:19 pm

There's a station in Reno that plays "classic rock" and "oldies" (103.7FM) including Jan and Dean so I might listen to it more often for the next 2 1/2 months to get into that beach theme. Won't take much.
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

I am back and getting ready. Ride the waves and wind.

Postby EricMagic » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:29 pm

Hey, I am back!!!!!!

Thanks for all the feedback, ideas, offers, and interest. Love hearing from everyone.

I have been in a fight for my life in the business and academic world like being caught on a desert isle with vicious animals and little bugs everywhere you turn. Seriously though bizarre wild liars, wars going on, IRS people, strange conformists who get alarmed at my individuality, and oh yea I also have various other issues which are all great, but exhausting as well. Can you relate to my scene?

Updates to our website about the campsite hopefully this weekend and about new volunteers, and we are still looking for very brave people to come venture with us. We need audio and video equipment very much, but please don't make me beg.

As usual for gearing up for BRC, and like many campers and travelers to BRC we are getting near the deadline struggling to catch up, trying get some sleep, pay our bills, and listening to various complaints about the hard work and sacrifice for a desert trip, and at the same time we are wishing we could just somehow stay in a perpetual Burning Man readiness; all the while money is mysteriously put into our bank accounts. But alas we have to ride the wide waves of the outside domains of corporate offices, backwoods, secret passage ways, local burns, misguided detours, and harsh academic studies to finally make it to our great hope, Beach - Paradise.

I need to catch some waves, sun, and sand, and wind really bad.

Special Note: Cool Music that I recently discovered for me at least so just passing it on to you music aficionados: IGGy Pop - Passenger, and Banshiees - Passenger, SEx Pistols - At least as A Wild Example of Non-Conformity, Grandmaster Flash, Bruce Haack - A True Originator of Techno-Electronic Music, B-52s - Stuff they don't play on radio, Native American Flute and Drums, some other stuff heard on the radio
<>
<>
EricMagic

Update of Beach-Paradise

Postby EricMagic » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:39 pm

Hey Beach Loving People! Are you ready to Party at Beach-Paradise at the Black Rock Sea?

Whoops, it appears the Sea is in very low tide, and we missed the deadline for Registration of Theme Camp. But we are still going to put on the Theme Camp, or merge with a similar Theme Camp. Relax, it is not too late, nor too out of control, it is only the Burning Man Distortion Time Phenomenon.

If you are still interested in the Beach-Paradise Camp or know of similar Beach camps, please send me a message. The Beach Paradise Camp is in need of Sea Creatures, Lifeguards, Beach Bums who do at least one task, A/V Equipment, other stuff on list, very good sense of humor, Patience and Appreciation of Everything Relaxing, and People with the ability to create most anything with basic stuff, or barely anything at all.

Prepare to enjoy the fantastic delights of Beach-Paradise, and to ride the Invisible Waves Crashing Upon the gentle hot white sands of Beach- Paradise.

Side Philosophy Note / Proposal: Everyone needs help it seems, or help with some bad habit. Maybe we as a Human Society should all practice being lazy, and then everyone will ironically develop an odd habit of working and helping others. Of course don't be a doormat cause that is just not right.
<>
<>
EricMagic

Return to Get Involved!