What theme Camp are YOU in?

Postby gyre » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:16 pm

MikeVDS wrote:I've noticed a bit of an ovenmit thing with Apokoliptica, and now you. I love it; don't get me wrong, but I think I'm missing something.

Don't try to understand Apockalyptika.
That way lies madness.

This thing doubled on me.
There's no delete function, is there?

By the way Suzy, I find my computer glitches more than my keyboard.
You can clean your keyboard and fix it sometimes.
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Postby spectabillis » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 pm

gyre wrote:Don't try to understand Apockalyptika.
That way lies madness.

like thats any secret.
spectabillis

Postby Finnegan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:33 pm

Well it *was* a secret til you divulged it! Re-edumacation kamp for you, komrade. Sometimes it's the closest ones who need to be turned in to the authorities for their own good.

SS, I've camped with a small group, a medium sized camp and this year a ginormous theme village. It's all good, twisted sick fun. You'll have a blast. Come by the B(O)(O)BY BAR in Terminal Village. We'll do right by you.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby The CO » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:14 pm

M*A*S*H 4207th takes only the finest. Unless we draft you.

Be an Army of fun.
You made them drunk. We'll make them Army drunk.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby SunshineSuzy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:17 pm

Interested bystander wrote:
SunshineSuzy wrote:
Interested bystander wrote:I'm not with a theme camp and if it's your first year I would advise that you be a GDI also. I first went to BM in 1998 and have only missed 3 years since that time. I have never been a part of a theme camp and to be honest I don't think I would enjoy it as I'm a little too independent. I also gave up trying to "see everything" as the growth has made that virtually impossible since about 2000. My advice would be to just plan on camping by yourself or with friends and try to think of something small but interactive to help meet people.

One year we had an art scroll on the street in front of our camp made from a sheet of plywood, dowel rod, and roll of butcher paper along with art supplies (fingerpaints, chalk, etc.). People who passed by could write or draw anything they wanted on it to express themselves. It wasn't fancy but it was fun and allowed us to interact with other participants.

Another year we were going to do a reading room, we had rugs, folding chairs, lots of books, snacks and drinks, et. but the wind tore up our shelters before we could really get set up.

Just use a little imagination and you can find something fun to do. As far as seeing things, I don't try to plan any visits, I just walk or ride around and see what I stumble into. Last year my wife and I probably didn't visit 1% of the theme camps but we got to know our neighbors, volunteered at center camp, and had a great time.

GDI?

i don't really have a desire to be in a theme camp, I'm just curious as to what to expect.

When I was in college, back in the stone age, you had the greeks (TKE, PKA, etc.) and the GDIs which stood for God Damn Independent.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your desire to participate in a theme camp but if I did then I was probably mislead by your original post:

"I'm interesting in knowing a bit more about some Theme Camps, before I run away to spend a week in BRC, and maybe finding thr right one for me."

Don't even worry about it, I porbably came cacross that way. <3.
xoxo
Luck, love and light to you,
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

Postby SunshineSuzy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 pm

Finnegan wrote:Well it *was* a secret til you divulged it! Re-edumacation kamp for you, komrade. Sometimes it's the closest ones who need to be turned in to the authorities for their own good.

SS, I've camped with a small group, a medium sized camp and this year a ginormous theme village. It's all good, twisted sick fun. You'll have a blast. Come by the B(O)(O)BY BAR in Terminal Village. We'll do right by you.

Does this camp involve showing any titties? If so, Must inform the boyfriend that that is a typo on the map. ;)
xoxo
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

Postby gyre » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:37 am

No one takes their clothes off at burning man.

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Postby Finnegan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:46 am

It's tit for tat. As it were.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:36 am

SunshineSuzy wrote:Does this camp involve showing any titties? If so, Must inform the boyfriend that that is a typo on the map. ;)

NO!.... read the thread.......
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby pinemom » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:38 am

...and its a BAR! must be 21!! we will card anyone who doesnt look 21!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby SunshineSuzy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:45 am

pinemom wrote:...and its a BAR! must be 21!! we will card anyone who doesnt look 21!

I'm just a baby, but as I mentioned in my other thread, my boyfriend's old enough to get into bars. ;) Of course with a lot of, "Hey, Can I see your ID?" Haha.
xoxo
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

Postby pinemom » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:48 am

..I know my dear, hince why I mentioned it! So until your a weee bit older...to enter.....

But you can enjoy the outside! We will be Hosting the F.U.C.K CANCER board...add what you need or want to it! Theyre are other things a youngin' can enjoy!
pinemom

Postby SunshineSuzy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:55 am

pinemom wrote:..I know my dear, hince why I mentioned it! So until your a weee bit older...to enter.....

But you can enjoy the outside! We will be Hosting the F.U.C.K CANCER board...add what you need or want to it! Theyre are other things a youngin' can enjoy!

Oh, Yay.

I was jsut reading your board, a second ago. I had my first breast cancer scare when I was about sixteen. My Grandma had a Mastectomy, she was sixty or so(I obviously wasn't even sperm or egg yet. ;)) Maybe, I'll send my boyfriend in with a blindfold. ;)
xoxo
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

Postby pinemom » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:01 am

Blind fold????
If your that worried about him seeing boobies...he better put his blindfold on before you enter the WHOLE EVENT!Better yet, just stitch both your eye's closed, maybe too much for ya both to see!
pinemom

Postby Finnegan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:03 am

I'm not sure i would recommend wandering around anywhere near Apokiliptika wearing a blindfold.. Next thing you know, you're chained to an oar.. IN SPACE!
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby gyre » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:09 am

I thought you could go into bars but couldn't drink below age?
Or is that just for bars that serve food?

gyre

Postby SunshineSuzy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:10 am

pinemom wrote:Blind fold????
If your that worried about him seeing boobies...he better put his blindfold on before you enter the WHOLE EVENT!Better yet, just stitch both your eye's closed, maybe too much for ya both to see!

It was again, a joke. I could care less who's titties he saw, as lnog as he comes back to me in the end. ;)
xoxo
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

Postby SunshineSuzy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 am

gyre wrote:I thought you could go into bars but couldn't drink below age?
Or is that just for bars that serve food?

Louk actually took me to a little hole-in-the-wall bar the first night we met, we've gone a couple times since. I notice that a lot of people my age don't have a problem getting in bars, but have a problem(obviously) getting drinks. In fact, I still have those stupid black X's on my hand from Saturday...-scrubs-
xoxo
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:14 am

Gyre, it's likely up to the camp, how they choose to run it.
No One under 21 will be allowed inside our Bar area..... Just our rule.
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby Box Burner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:17 pm

New rule for the B(o)(o)by Bar. Every one who enters the bar must be blindfolded. We don't want to corrupt anyone or offend them. You are gonna have to feel your way around folks. :lol: :wink:

Hi sunshine! Yes we do card at the Booby Bar. but there is other stuff to do.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby MikeVDS » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:24 pm

Yes we do card at the Booby Bar. but there is other stuff to do.

For drinks or to hang out period? Not that I know any under 21s going anymore, but I'm just curious.
MikeVDS

Postby SunshineSuzy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:10 pm

Box Burner wrote:

New rule for the B(o)(o)by Bar. Every one who enters the bar must be blindfolded. We don't want to corrupt anyone or offend them. You are gonna have to feel your way around folks. :lol: :wink:

Hi sunshine! Yes we do card at the Booby Bar. but there is other stuff to do.

I don't think the lovely gentlemen(Minus my boyfriend), Will mind feeling around. ;)
xoxo
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

Postby needaplayaname » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:20 am

I camp with the LAFERS (Lazy Ass Fuckers) and I encourage you to come by and show us your [u][b]lazy ass[/b][/u]. You are welcome to hang out in our shade structure, have a beer and be a lazy ass. You will find that each theme camp is different in their expectations of their campers so just camp independently and ask around the camps. Just checking out the camps will tell you alot as far as how much work is involved to be a part i.e. are the campers working day and night or does everyone pretty much hang out exceot for theme times. I was a virgin last year(and can't wait for this year!) and was fortunate to already know some people that camped with a theme camp, but either way you will have a great time, make lots of new friends - and from one burner to another WELCOME HOME!
needaplayaname

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:50 am

Um... Between this post...

SunshineSuzy wrote:Louk actually took me to a little hole-in-the-wall bar the first night we met, we've gone a couple times since. I notice that a lot of people my age don't have a problem getting in bars, but have a problem(obviously) getting drinks. In fact, I still have those stupid black X's on my hand from Saturday...-scrubs-

and this one...

SunshineSuzy wrote:I don't think the lovely gentlemen(Minus my boyfriend), Will mind feeling around. ;)

Not saying much... but think about it. Think about last year... and think about it. Right?

If you need a map drawn PM me, OK? I didn't forget.

ББ
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Hana T » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:05 pm

thisisthatwhichis wrote:Gyre, it's likely up to the camp, how they choose to run it.

: ( not even to drink some juice? well.. welll.. the B(o)(o)BY bar still better watch out for all those other Kiwis that will be flocking the playa!
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby robbidobbs » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:42 pm

needaplayaname wrote:I camp with the LAFERS (Lazy Ass Fuckers)

I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Your camp was one of my stopovers while I was on Poop Patrol. I really appreciated being able to harrass passers-by with you.
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
13 years of doing the porta-potties wrong.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby fancy1 » Thu May 03, 2007 9:49 am

Hi Robbidobs!
We were honored that you stopped. Ya better stop again this year!
And needsaplayaname.... I bet you'll earn one this year!

Fancy
LAFers
"yea, show me YOUR lazy-ass!"
"the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"
fancy1

Postby CLARKcon » Fri May 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Sunshine, I'm the Head Chef of the Oficially Unofficial COFFEE CAMP (yeah, coffee all day everyday), but my heart splits and desires to join and or be an honary member of Eplaya Bar Camp, the swingingest place out in the dust. Love it. Hope you have a good year out!!! :D
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby robotland » Sat May 05, 2007 6:08 am

Hana T wrote:
thisisthatwhichis wrote:Gyre, it's likely up to the camp, how they choose to run it.

: ( not even to drink some juice? well.. welll.. the B(o)(o)BY bar still better watch out for all those other Kiwis that will be flocking the playa!

Kiwis AND B(o)(o)Bies? What about Moa and Emu? Will there be Apteryx?

Even flightless birds can fly......IN SPACE!!!! Come spread your vestigial wings at LabWerks, high above Apokiliptika in beautiful downtown Terminal Village. (Or just flap your oven mitts and make squawking noises.)
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby FallenAngel » Mon May 14, 2007 10:47 pm

This year I'm camping with a new camp called The Havana Room.

http://www.havanaroom.org/

http://tribes.tribe.net/havanaroom
FallenAngel

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Theme Camps